Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Possible Blown Motor, Possible Solutions, Your Help Badly Needed!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=97168&mesg_id=97193
97193, RE: Possible Blown Motor, Possible Solutions, Your Help Badly Needed!!!
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by biggnasty
Ok, I've been doing alot of talking to the mechanics at the hobby shop. This is the option I am SERIOUSLY considering. -Remove the head and inspect it for defects. If all is good, then the head is going to be sent to a shop to be shaved. -Replace the head gasket with a metal gasket. -Remove the oil pan. -Remove the pistons and rods. -wrap all components in seran wrap covered with grease to catch all shavings. -Hone all 4 cylinder walls with raspberry and drill. -Clean all shavings off. -Install new Eagle H Beams -Install new Weisco 8.8:1 pistons and rings -reinstall Head with metal gasket -install boost controller for 15 lbs with 1:1 custom regulator to run at 110 fuel psi at idle. -Start er' up. If I'm wrong on any of these steps, missing any steps, or see a better way of doing this please let me know. Your support is really appreciated guys. I dont know where I'd be without this site (alot poorer thats for sure).

Yeah so have the head checked for flatness before you shave it because it can make retiming the motor very tricky. As for the rebuild at least you are looking at the proper parts now with the forged rods, still not crazy about weisco's but I hear you on the budget thing. Just make sure you go slow enough to make sure your doing it right. I'm not going to comment on the fuel system because they have already done that above here^^^ but this "custom" fuel system may be what cause this problem in the first place. So it might be time to try something that is proven to work... There are a few fuel system options up for sale right now in the FS section...(like mine...lol)
I generated this page in 0.012228965759277 seconds, executing 6 queries.