Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Possible Blown Motor, Possible Solutions, Your Help Badly Needed!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=97168&mesg_id=97178
97178, RE: Possible Blown Motor, Possible Solutions, Your Help Badly Needed!!!
Posted by biggnasty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by thedawg
Originally posted by biggnasty Also keep in mind, I will most likely not be honing the cylinder. Is it totally bad to just drop in the new pistons and rings?
Yes it's a bad idea because you'll probably end up pulling it apart a couple months later for another rebuild. You absolutely won't get a good seal, and your rings will constantly leak. If you really want to put forged pistons on stock rods, without boring & honing the cylinders, you should first search Tommyboy's posts on here. (Cliff's notes: he rebuilt his engine like 12,000 times) I believe Wiseco makes a piston that fits a stock 2gnt rod and bore. This is not a weekend project for a first-timer. Think several months, or weeks if you've already rebuilt a couple engines.

Ok, i'm taking all your suggestions into consideration. But... Is there anyway I can hone the cylinders without removing the block? The head will be removed and the gasket will be replaced with a metal gasket.

As for this not being a weekend project, I have access to the base hobbyshop and 3 buddys who are all in the 12's and 14's (rx-7 and 06 GTI).

I think If we start on friday night, get the head off, get the oil pan off, get the pistons out, come back saturday morning, I dont see this taking more than 28 hours.
I generated this page in 0.011056900024414 seconds, executing 6 queries.