Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectPossible Blown Motor, Possible Solutions, Your Help Badly Needed!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=97168&mesg_id=97168
97168, Possible Blown Motor, Possible Solutions, Your Help Badly Needed!!!
Posted by biggnasty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I noticed my engine sounded a little different after a fast run to my girls house when she called and said she was horny. I had about 1/8th of a tank of gas when I got on I-10, then got off with fumes.

Steam was coming from the breather and way more oil than usual, like my valve cover was being overly pressurized. Compression test numbers were 250, 260, 90, 250.

Ok guys, please diagnose my prob.

1. No water/antifreeze in oil.
2. No Chocolate milk in coolant.
3. Steam coming from exhaust and breather.
4. Valve cover massively pressurized under boost.
5. Vacuum is at 13 at idle and at 20 when I coast in gear to a stop.

Possible Solutions:

A. Replace number 3 piston and rings.
B. Remove head and have it sent to be repaired and milled, along with replacing the head gasket.
C. Replace All 4 pistons and rings with forged pistons, replace the head and call it good.
D. Both B and C.

I have a couple days until payday to figure this shit out. What ever you guys decide, please let me know now, so I can prepare my friends for a weekend of helping me do this. I'm tight on cash and dont want to remove the motor.

*ONE MORE THING*

I hear that the stock rods are good up to 21psi. If I do replace just the pistons, can I actually take 15 pounds on the new pistons and stock rods and keep it as a (hard driven) daily driver?
I generated this page in 0.010682106018066 seconds, executing 6 queries.