Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Welll.....Toykilla
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=9483&mesg_id=9493
9493, RE: Welll.....Toykilla
Posted by Semperboost, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Eventually all turbo engines will blow..some way or another it's your right foot that's gonna determine how long. Go and spend $$$ on gauges and watch your engine - chances are your engine ain't gonna go down it one KABOOM!..it'll be slow and painful. I don't have anyting againest engine monitoring devices - they are great if you have the $$ and time to tune but unless you are serious (internals) then you need em. To boost high on stock internals is just asking for it, 15psi a day is asking for it - your best boost controller if self control. I bought the A/F to go with my S-AFC but found that the A/F is useless, just flashy and I'm selling my s-afc. Getting a boost gauge will tell you alot about your engine ex: leaks, peak boost - hold boost, idle vac. I'v had my turbo for past a year and my best advice to give to anyone with NOS, Turbo, All-Motor is not to abuse your car cuz it'll bite you in the ass like others have found out. Anyhow Optimus...I'd just say a boost gauge, BOV, maybe some wires and maybe a VC1 cuz some folks have made it work with check valves. You really need the BOV tho - I had the stage 1 w/o and you'll get an owl stuck in your compressor. You will get a howl (compressor surge) everytime you let off. PLus it's just damn fun letting everyone hear it go off!

ALvin

Star stage I
Starion I/C
GReddy BOV
Nology Wires
APEXI EL Boost Gauge
Autometer A/F gauge
Dual gauge pod
Southland Dual Friction Clutch
B&M Short Shifter/ Shifter Bushings
17" Axis Wheelsite Mesh - 235/40
Camberkits
Eibach Sportlines on KYB AGXs
Strut Bars/ GST Rear Sway Bar
X-Drills w/ Axxis pads
Andy's Front Bumper
Stock Skirts
Cleared Headlights
I generated this page in 0.0069990158081055 seconds, executing 6 queries.