Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectI need some help!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=919&mesg_id=919
919, I need some help!!!
Posted by Phat99Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the Star Stage 2 in and everything seems to be working right. I have set @ 6psi and want to run this for a week to make sure no problems before turning up the boost.

Here are my problems...

1) EGT is mounted 1.5" from the exhaust port in the 1st runner. At idle it sits between 900 to 1000 degrees. At throttle it doesn't seem to get above 1200 degrees. Am I running too rich or is this about right?

2) I also installed a Greddy EVO exhaust and it is beautiful. The only thing is that when I let off the gas, it will occationally backfire. Not the loud ass Harley Davidson type but still noticeable from the inside of the car. Should I be worried, or is this normal? Could it be because I think I might be running too rich?

3) The Walbro fuel pump is LOUD. I can hear it the minute I start the car and it never stops until I shut the car off. Even under boost I can hear it. Doe everyone experience this?

4) When I floor it, the boost gauge doesn't get above maybe 1psi before I have to shift into second gear. Once upto 3rd is when I notice that the boost is at a steady 6psi. No boost creep and no spikes it builds nice and steady. The A/F meter reads rich to stoich @ WOT. Is this normal or is this another indicator of running to rich.

I will be taking the car back to the shop that did the install for me in a couple of days to see what they think. I'd love to hear what you guys say before then. Thanks everyone for helping me out in this and happy boostin'!!!

DoN

'99 GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2, CFDF Clutch
Greddy Manual Boost Controller
Greddy BOV and EVO Exhaust
Greddy TT and shift knob
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
AEM Big Brake Kit
B&M Edge Short Shifter
Eibach Sportlines with Tokiko Blues
I generated this page in 0.012656211853027 seconds, executing 6 queries.