Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Concept Illusions Kit released
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=86877&mesg_id=86971
86971, RE: Concept Illusions Kit released
Posted by BRU_ce, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by tim97rs
the whole point of saying "search newb" is to do just what you have said you hate: "prevent pointless threads" by answering the same questions over and over and over again.

Ah! This is where I stopped reading (I'll give your post the proper respect it deserves later). This viewpoint is based on completely false pretenses. By their very nature, "newbs," are, well... NEW! They don't know about all the threads in which you scolded other newbs and they don't care. They're going to make a newb post, goddamnit, and there's nothing you can say to OTHER newbs that's going to stop them! It is far more beneficial to the overall quality of the forum and enhances our small community if we treat newbs with cautious respect and acceptance. Furthermore, stop worrying so hard about getting your ego trip and start becoming more selfless. It would be great blessing to those of us who have to wade through piles of shit to get to a nugget of gold.

I don't know if you've noticed, but 2GNT as a whole is a dying community. Let's face it, our cars are getting a little old. Soon, many of us will be moving on to fancier cars as we age and gain status in society. Many more have moved on already.

We should ENCOURAGE "newbs" to join our community by embracing them and helping them along while they "learn to walk." Remember, everything undergoes a growth phase. A new job, your guitar skill, your acceptance to 2GNT and indeed even our own lives themselves, all undergo constant growth and change, experiencing maturity and knowledge.

All I ask is that you simply not post. Or, if you MUST scold because you are so empassioned to do so, then scold, but also offer solutions! Don't do it for the newb! Do it for the rest of us! Do it for 2GNT, even!!

:)
I generated this page in 0.015994071960449 seconds, executing 6 queries.