Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: should i decrease my piping size?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=86839&mesg_id=86934
86934, RE: should i decrease my piping size?
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
Any turbocharged car will have really good top-end power, but being a 4 cylinder, I think that smaller piping will help to maintain velocity. That being said, there are bigger fish to fry in the intake path than IC piping; manifold, intake ports, shrouded intake valves, exhaust ports, casting shifts in the head, poor exhaust manifold, horrible WG placement, etc...

Exhuast ports, exhaust manifold and WG placement are not part of the intake path, silly. :+

All you guys are basically saying the same shit I said in my first post, which is that it's not going to make a significant difference and he should just use the IC piping that he has and not worry about decreasing the diameter to 2". Smaller piping will help maintain velocity, but honestly, the increase in top end flow is a far better gain - even on his small turbo.

You're right though... there are definetly key places to focus on in the head and manifold. There's BIG power to be made there.
I generated this page in 0.0074079036712646 seconds, executing 6 queries.