Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: new dyno
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=73941&mesg_id=73979
73979, RE: new dyno
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by XtremeRS
man, it doesnt make sense..I have to run UNDER 11.0:1 at 15 psi on the 16g so it doesnt knock on 93. i just don't get it.. Stock timing? Retarding? Any ignition upgrades?

That doesn't sound right. How are you detecting knock? If I remember correctly, you and Jason are saying that you knock around the same time... are you sure it's not just a natural resonance in the engine that your meter(?) is detecting as knock. I'm really not aware of any good method to detecting true knock in these engines. You should be able to target 11.3 AFR on the dyno and that'll end up being around 11.7 AFR on the street. That's perfect. If you're having to tune to under 11.0 on the street just to prevent KNOCK, then something else is wrong IMO. Running less than 11.0 AFR at your boost level is just leaving power on the table.

suieclipse- don't lean it out very much. I wouldn't go over 11.5 AFR on the dyno (assuming high boost & WOT ofcoarse). Good numbers man.
I generated this page in 0.0090899467468262 seconds, executing 6 queries.