Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: damnit 349whp...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=63355&mesg_id=63461
63461, RE: damnit 349whp...
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by siueclipse
Originally posted by PowerEclipses Naw, there has to be something missing. Pushing 16 psi, What did you do to your head? Did you rebuild it at all? Did you oversize the valves? If not I would do that and put some monster cams in. I would also try and get more wieght off the crank. What ever you can, Might it be flywheel or w/e you can also knief edge the crank. Which will help.
im at 21lbs of boost. the head is completely built except for cams. valves are stock sized. btw.. our cars have a knief edged crank already ;)

Bullshit.

HRC was saying this too. Technically sure maybe it can be considered knifedged but an actual crank knifing removes metal from the crank for one of two reasons or both.

1. To stop the crank from flinging around the oil into a cloud creating a lack of pressure (problem can obviously be helped by a baffle/windage tray or the shitty term the crank scrapper)

2. Reduce reciprocating mass in an effort to relieve the engine and aquire additional HP and MUCH quicker revving motor.

The reason the crank can be considered knifedged stock is the fact that it doesn't have the typical smooth curves of other standard cranks BUT a real knifedged 420a Crank can have anywhere between 10-15lbs of metal machined away. I've seen both methods. The lighter crank I would not say is a stout and I would use it for NA purposes only. Mike of RRE has pics of Eric R.'s knifedged crankshaft.

The knifeded crank is like lightening our flywheel times 2
I generated this page in 0.011307001113892 seconds, executing 6 queries.