Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: abs IC Pipeing?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=55862&mesg_id=55946
55946, RE: abs IC Pipeing?
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wouldn't even bother with it. Neither PVC or ABS is good for this application. It gets hot as hell in the engine compartment of a turbo car. You will have clamps on every coupler. The pipes will soften slightly as they get hot. The clamps will squeeze the pipe down as they get soft and weak. You'll come back a week later and all the clamps will feel loose. So, you tighten them. After you drive it some more, the pipes will get squeezed down even more. Eventually, you'll end up with pipes that are necked down like the middle of a coke bottle. I once tried to make an ABS turbo inlet pipe. It failed like I mentioned. You may find that ABS or PVC will work for pipes that remain cooler...like FMIC piping. I just know that it doesn't work for pipes close to the turbo.

BTW: ABS stands for Acrylonitrile- Butadiene-Styrene and PVC stands for Polyvinyl Chloride. You can purchase plastic pipe with higher temperature ratings at www.mcmaster.com

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
I generated this page in 0.0091791152954102 seconds, executing 6 queries.