Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight.....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=47057&mesg_id=47279
47279, RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight.....
Posted by Matt_95tgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Up top, I was getting about 11.3:1 on the wideband which is still rich, but as we went from 10:1 to 11.3:1, the egt's kept going up and up. At the end of the dyno pull with my a/f at 11.3:1, my egts were at 1600 which is why i didn't add more air. The reason for these high egts i believe lies with my cam timing. I would imagine that a set of cam gears would go a long way with droping those temps some. I dont want to burn exhaust valves just to put down 30 more hp on the dyno... not worth it. Also, my ignition timing stayed at about 17-18 degrees of advance from 3k to 5k rpms, but from 5k to 6.5k rpms the timing increased to 20-22 degrees which isnt too bad. If my egts were a bit lower, I would have added some more boost, but for now, I'm gonna wait to get some crane #16's and some cam gears and see what I can do with that. I may try adding some race gas to the mix and see what happens as well. Other than cam timing, I really cant think of how to drop those exhaust temps... any ideas?
I generated this page in 0.012595891952515 seconds, executing 6 queries.