Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight.....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=47057&mesg_id=47076
47076, RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight.....
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, that was a lot of fun out there!! Had a really good turnout, good food, and nothing but talkin about cars :) One of the first gen DSM masterminds put down close to 500 HP to the wheels! A big ass turbo, 27 psi, and an 80 shot of n2o..watching that on the dyno was scary haha. Wow, matt, you must have been over there for a while after i left, looks like you picked up more power. We tuned his setup for 15 psi in about 40 minutes, and made 250 HP to the wheels. Not bad for barely any tuning. We also got my car up and boosting to 10 psi..all i can say is damn, that cylinder head is badddd asssss :o
Here are some pics of Matt_95tgs's dyno run.

Getting the car strapped down

Running on the dyno

A snapshot of the computer screen after his very first run of the day

The graph peeks right at the 250HP mark. Well matt, looks like you gained 14HP from some tuning! :thumbsup 15 psi feels good. Very good. That equals over 300HP to the crank for sure :o

VT has an AWSOME shop out there. If there was anyone i would trust my engine too, it would be these guys. For around 1700 bucks for a fully built block with all the goodies? Hell yeah! Plus, their diamond stone honing, makes ring break in almost non existant. My rings were prob broken in within 50 miles..
I generated this page in 0.013959169387817 seconds, executing 6 queries.