Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Is the 420a safe with stock internals?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=39131&mesg_id=39812
39812, RE: Is the 420a safe with stock internals?
Posted by 98RsT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I left my block in the car. You need a good 3 days I would say if you have never done it before. Now that I have done it, and know where every little bolt is, and know in exactly what order I need to do things; I think I could do a piston, rings, engine bearings, headgasket jobber in 18 hours, one day straight pounding thru it, with one helper. However, if you melted a piston like that, you would want to take that block out for some machining.
Now that I have done the job as well, I would seriously think about doing the clutch at the same time, it is like an extra hour or so once you have all that extra stuff out of your way.

Now in my original quote of 3 days, I am leaving time for you to run back and forth to the parts house, parts cleaning time, honing your cyl. time, reading for torque spec time, figuring out what it is going to take to get your crank shaft pulley off time/running to get the 5 ton 3 claw puller from the parts store time, adjusting the jack from the extreme up to the extreme down to get the 3 bolts off for your engine mounting plate time, kicking random things in your garage, calling your buddy who is helping you figure out how to pull the timing belt cover off so you can get to the engine mount plate an "idiot, and how can you call yourself my best friend when you arn't solving my problems!" Time to run back to the liquor store to get a couple more 18 packs, 2 sandwich breaks, 4 pizza breaks, little time to sleep, 24 bathroom breaks, and last but not least; a couple hours for right after you start your car you realize it is idling like shit because your timing is one tooth off!!!!

So all in all you need 3 consecutive days :9
I generated this page in 0.026180028915405 seconds, executing 6 queries.