Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Phantom Grip
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=38769&mesg_id=38897
38897, RE: Phantom Grip
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am currently in contact with a company that is building true limited slip conversions for our stock units. We are stamping out the last of the bugs. I am currently running one of the prototype models (i didn't have much input during the build process, as i didn't know i was going to end up with it) with cut back axles (stock length was too long with this unit, will be corrected before they are made public.) and it freakin ROCKS. The wet traction and cornering are hugely improved - when wet or dry, going into a corner, i can stomp the gas and be forcibly yanked through a corner. The car is infinitely more stable under power. AND, no metal on metal lock. No overcompressed coil springs to make up for the crappy locking design. No added stress on the diff housing from trying to hold the thing together under the 1000psi spring pressures with a slipping metal on metal hold.

This same company is also working on fully adjustable lower control arms for camber correction. No more offset bushings!

I'll have more info soon. I am trying to get my contact with this company to come here and post info for all of you who are interested.

Also, if anyone has (cough*JustOne*cough) a stock axle (dead or alive, just need the splined end and axle cup), i could use it. Same for a stock diff, preferably alive.

if anyone is interested in sending these things to Carlton, i can give you an email address privately.
I generated this page in 0.009666919708252 seconds, executing 6 queries.