Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=34009&mesg_id=34012
34012, RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!
Posted by Matt_95tgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sounds like you have a real nice car there. I have been toying with the idea of going with a targa top now for quite awhile, but it makes me nervous hehe. Did you do it yourself, or have a shop do it?? The only thing in that list that would make me a bit nervous is the AFC. You need to be careful that you don't make a lot of correction with the AFC, because when you do that, the ecu increases timing significantly. What happens is when you lean out with the AFC, it reduces the MAP voltage. With our cars, the computer uses the MAP voltage to help compute engine load as well as injector duty cycle. When the computer thinks that there is less load on the engine, it increases timing for efficiency and power gains. The problem is that with the afc, the computer can think there is a load % on the engine that cooresponds to vacuum conditions when you are actually under boost. This increases timing too high for boosted conditions and causes detonation. I'm sure using the afc for fine tuning will be ok, but I would use an adjustable fuel regulator to get close to where you want to be first.

Otherwise, I'm impressed, looks like you have a very nice setup. Welcome to the board man!
I generated this page in 0.0083138942718506 seconds, executing 6 queries.