Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Alternative fuel setup to FPR, hi-flo pump, Missing Link
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=32994&mesg_id=33003
33003, RE: Alternative fuel setup to FPR, hi-flo pump, Missing Link
Posted by Collente, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You have a bunch of us over a 2gnt.com very interested in your product, very.
If everything works as told then there are no problems, but we do have a few questions. We're still confused on how this is going to give more/less fuel with boosted conditions.

The SMC works with both ECU setups that are for NA, or boost applications that use a MAP sensor. On an NA setup, you would normally install injectors twice the size of your stock injectors. For example, a stock civic has 240cc injectors. If you want to run 10psi, you would install the SMC plus 450cc injectors. You would then use the SMC to trim any excess fuel with the large injectors, but still supply enough during boost. On typical Honda setups, the trim level will range anywhere from -30% to -45% in any particular rev range. The SMC essential delivers the proper amount of fuel during boosted conditions with the stock ECU!

It has 4 rpm
adjustments on it, for up to -55% correction, but how does this unit give more fuel under boost, if it has a built in map limiter, like the Vc2 ect...I guess our question is how does this control the larger injector's duty cycle under boost?

The map limiter can be disabled for cars that came with a turbo, i.e. turbo eclipse. Since you have an eclipse RS, I believe you can't use the SMC since your setup involves a MAF sensor. The SMC only caters to MAP sensor equipped vehicles, such as the turbo eclipse.

Best Regards,
EG

I am emailing him back letting him know that our cars use the map senson and not a maf sensor...
Honda Nazi's

Nick
97RS
I generated this page in 0.011972904205322 seconds, executing 6 queries.