Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectThey Need to get the crap together
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1117&mesg_id=1121
1121, They Need to get the crap together
Posted by Wyatt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sounds like everyone is getting different info. I've called them up a couple of times and they told me BOTH times that the largest injector we could go with would be a 320cc.

Here is another question. At what pressure did they (RC) test our injectors at for flow? I'm sure the only way they know the size of our injectors is by actaully testing them at there shop.
If they tested them using 43psi (what all thei injectors use as pressure) then our injectors actually flow 275cc/min @50psi. That seems really big to be putting in a 2.0l 4 banger, but I dunno.

This is confusing stuff. If our cars can compensate for a +/-20% increase in injector size, why wouldn't a 500cc injector or even a 550 work.

Assuming RC Fuel pressure @43psi
235cc/min Stock injector
285cc/min Max Injector size RC engineering says we can handle (20% larger)

With use of a S-AFC +/-50% fuel adjustment
500cc/min
--------- = 250cc/min -
2 @50% Adj

We are still within out 285cc/min injector size

how about 550cc/min
550cc/min
--------- = 275cc/min
2 @50 Adj

Hmmm.. 275cc/min. Pretty close but I think we can do it. Specially since I have been told 2-3 times that our cars can actually compensate for a 320cc/min injector. I know there are people using 550cc/min injectors w/ S-AFC. I'm trying to find their e-mail addresses. I'd like to know if idle was maintained.

Another aproach would be to lower idle fuel pressure. This would solve a lot of problems. Plus, you could still set your Adj FMU ratio that gave you the fuel pressure you need at peak boost.

Those are my thoughts. I'm getting 500cc/min injectors here pretty soon (don't know when :P) but I'm going to run them (hopefully) with the AFC and when race season really starts up over here I'm converting to either HRC's (if they sell it separate someday) EFI system or the Haltech. I'm leaning toward the Haltech simply because a lot of people have it and everyone who I talk to says to go Haltech rather than the "half programable" system the HRC sytem is. I dunno, its still up in the air.
I wish Howell would get their programable ECU out for us. That would be awesome!

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

I generated this page in 0.010598182678223 seconds, executing 6 queries.