Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=109519&mesg_id=109560
109560, RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?
Posted by Tired2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I knew "full boost" was a confusing term. What I meant was my max boost. Call it 200kpa or so for now, though in reality I'd never go that high with the stock ecu... more like 5psi.

I am not opposed to getting a 1:1, but it is $150, and my current 1:12, though it probably cost that new, I cannot sell it for near that.

I am still not 100% sure why a set pressure of 43.5psi (stock fpr), even in boosted conditions is really a bad thing provided my injectors can provide the fuel needed for the level of boost. (510cc injectors). They are twice as big as stock at least, and since the charged air will be hotter (less dense), less than double fuel will be needed at 200kpa than what is needed at 100kpa.

I think I am still missing some piece to the puzzle. When the ECU can read the boost properly, why does the fuel pressure need to go up if they are rated to flow enough at the stock fuel pressure? I guess the pressure differential comes into play a bit... 43psi - 14.7 psi is not as much flow...
I generated this page in 0.022516012191772 seconds, executing 6 queries.