Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Turbo "cold air intake"
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=106854&mesg_id=106929
106929, RE: Turbo "cold air intake"
Posted by bzoss, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
As a matter of fact I am a Mechanical Engineer.

We can talk specifics if you want, but there are many factors to take into account. You can not immediately consider this isentropic either.
This is not a turbine driving a pump or something. This turbine really makes no "power" in the sense that you are trying to say. It is a net zero work machine. All the work that goes in (exhaust) comes out in the intake (compressor).
Therefore, if you really want to talk increasing efficiency of this thing, you are going to need to effect something that actually drives the turbo. I guarantee you that it isn't the intake.
Things like longer runners to smooth and straighten flow. Ideal combustion, etc.
Perhaps you should retake your thermo and fluids classes and learn how to apply them to the real world scenario before you bark intellectual ignorance at me.
I don't come on here throwing my education around, and terms most people have never heard of because it confuses most people. Maybe next time you try and speak like you know something you should check and see if you are actually talking to someone else who will tell you to cram your nonsense up your ....
I generated this page in 0.0083799362182617 seconds, executing 6 queries.