Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: hmm.......my thoughts.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=105245&mesg_id=105285
105285, RE: hmm.......my thoughts.
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Armond, thanks for taking the time to type all that out :) It now makes sense of what you are saying, and how we should tune. I hope many others on the forum will read this, and take it all in, understanding it. This was wayyyy more complicated than anticipated, just so many variables to consider when actually tuning on an individual car/ turbo basis. As said in one of your replies, I agree 100% that more of us NEED to dyno tune our turbosystems when we run higher amounts of boost pressure. I def plan on doing this in the following months of downtime. Wow, look at the hits on this thread. Finally, some real good, thought provoking discussion here :P

This now brings me back to my other thoughts in my earilier post. What do you think about the closed loop, part throttle boost situation? If we can part throttle boost in closed loop, timing can be advanced upwards of 30 degrees, and the ecu is trying to control the A/F ratio close to the "normal" 14.7:1 ratio. We cant run more fuel in this type of situation, as the ecu is controlling the ratio. Should we be concerned with this? How do you think we should go about this? I would think running 10psi in closed loop, with 30 degrees of timing will most def cause detonation. As far as daily drivability is concerned, i know i part throttle, close loop boost all the time, not WOT boost. What do you think?
I generated this page in 0.013497829437256 seconds, executing 6 queries.