Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectHID kit
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=9855
9855, HID kit
Posted by deuce, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.groupbuycenter.com/buy.asp?mode=read&row_id=3741

What do you guys think? They say this kit is better then the philips one, I dunno I like the philips name, but this is supposed to have that purplish look to it? I need help it ends DEC 1st!!!

Thanks alot

9856, RE: HID kit
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
450 for a no-name brand kit? Can't you get the Philips kit for about that much? Plus I heard a lot of people unhappy with HID kits because the lenses on our headlights are not made to disperse true HID lights. They are made to disperse halogen lighting. You'll end up with a concentrated beam, that is not very wide so you won't be able to see a very wide range. Also, a lot of people complained about the light being yellow and not blue or purple at all (that was with the Catz Zeta HID kit). Hopefully someone on here will have personal experience.

9857, RE: HID kit
Posted by deuce, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
really, the pics on that group buy site look so tempting....thanx alot....

later

9858, RE: HID kit
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I went out to get PIAA HID look bulbs. The place here said they were too expensive, so they didn't stock them, so me, being impatient asked what they had. They sold me a set of APC HID simulators for $20 and they have the blue look and I am pleased surprisingly by the quality of them by them being APC and all.
9859, RE: HID kit
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
APC are sweaty ballsack lickers!!!

Uh-uhm... sorry, turettes.
9860, RE: HID kit
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got PIAA super whites they're WHITE the way lights should be. 80 bucks for some functional bulbs.
9861, RE: HID kit
Posted by evan2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well i have projectors. and wanted to get super whites ... but ive read that they suck make it look more yellow then theones in there.. i like my projectors.. i had crappy 95 lights.. so u know how i feell now... but hids are nice.. good tip about the hids.. never knew that.. ill keep that inmind for future ref..
9862, RE: HID kit
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the catz zeta system doesnt include bulbs, it uses your current bulbs and boosts their output to HID levels, so the yellowish color is a result of yellowish halogen bulbs.
9863, RE: HID kit
Posted by LoudEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
============================================================

wo0t!
============================================================
so just upgrade the bulbs to a hiper white bulb cyan?

wo0t
I generated this page in 0.009739875793457 seconds, executing 7 queries.