Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectsome recent pics of the bird
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=98417
98417, some recent pics of the bird
Posted by taclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am daily driving it and taking it easy on it so far. I am still in need of injectors and I need to install my megasquirt. Thanks in advance for any positive comments

98418, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by Idontgotnothn88, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OFF DA CHAIN!!! I want your turbo manifold. Im in the process of building one for me that i might enter into a welding competition for school.
98419, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks nice.

Only thing I would do is remove that crower sticker from the TB Intake pipe :)
98420, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow, your engine bay looks great man. I really like that manifold. Did you buy that from another member on here or did you make it yourself?
98421, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Wow, your engine bay looks great man. I really like that manifold. Did you buy that from another member on here or did you make it yourself?

Thanks bro. I made it myself. All the fab work was done by me. I have lots of crower products so i gotta rep! The pipe looks too plain without anything there.
98422, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by taclipse
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05 Wow, your engine bay looks great man. I really like that manifold. Did you buy that from another member on here or did you make it yourself?
Thanks bro. I made it myself. All the fab work was done by me. I have lots of crower products so i gotta rep! The pipe looks too plain without anything there.

You wanna make one for me? Haha, do you have your mods posted somewhere? It looks like you have a huge intake inlet on that turbo, what size is it?
98423, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You could have repped Crower in a more subtle way.

Lol, that looks like a huge bumper sticker. :(

Everything looks great though.
98424, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by cc8balla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks real good. :thumbsup
98425, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Rock on with your bad self. Did you convert to the 95 skirts or step up to the 97 front fascia? Nice choice on the wheels as well. Everyone and his brother is running around with black w/ polished lip. Kinda makes me glad I'm back to stockers. At least I'm not a biter, right?

Car looks hawt. I think the big Crower decal works well with the color scheme of your engine bay and lends itself well to the almost military vibe you've got going on under the hood. :thumbsup :thumbsup
98426, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by Slammed420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That looks awesome. So clean. I love engine bays that show nearly no wires and all that other useless crap.
98428, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by RallyEclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks really good! Very clean!
98430, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow that's the engine bay is tidy, that's actually the cleanest setup I've seen. Where is everything? The computer, the battery, the wires...

Very nice. Manifold looks really nice too.
98431, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ez
Wow that's the engine bay is tidy, that's actually the cleanest setup I've seen. Where is everything? The computer, the battery, the wires... Very nice. Manifold looks really nice too.

It's all wi-fi, ez. Geez. :rolleyes Get with the times!
98432, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by Slammed420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I too would love to know where your ecu and fuse box and nearly everything else are. I want my engine bay to be that clean. Any tips on how and where to move stuff too?
98434, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by ScreaminE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm pretty sure he talked about how/where he hid his wires/computer/fusebox in his last post.

He did inspire to paint my t-stat housing with METALCAST paint!
98436, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by blcktalipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
amazing i love it...any more pics?
98439, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Thanks everyone! The car was originally a 97 and i added the 96 skirts. The wheels are volk gtn's. I am still waiting on Antireversion to contact me about my intake manifold and then the tuning will begin. The turbo is a turbonetics t60, bb center section and its a 4" inlet. I love my crower bumper sticker! The wiring harness tuck was hell and i think i was the first to do one on a 2gnt, One of these days i will compose a write up. I'll post some more pics up tonight if i get a chance!Whenever i free some money up I am gonna add some ss lines and an aluminum radiator.
98440, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks good man. So no A/C or PS? You must live somewhere that doesn't get terribly humid during summer months. I don't know if I could live w/o the A/C. Kudos on the ecu relocation, I can imagine that it was a total whore.
98445, RE: some recent pics of the bird

so whats the story with the red one???
98446, RE: some recent pics of the bird
The red one is my sisters car. I am in the middle of throwing a new tranny in it.
98458, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by saikou, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Beautiful.
blcktalipse, your Eclipse is sex too.
98459, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks nice but i doubt you will be getting an aluminum radiator in there.
98460, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by mreigle, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That engine harness tuck is unbelievable.

You would think you would run into heat issues with your turbo rubbing on your starter wires and no fan.
98462, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by mreigle
That engine harness tuck is unbelievable. You would think you would run into heat issues with your turbo rubbing on your starter wires and no fan.

Its been like that for a couple months and no problems have come yet. I do have a fan... its mounted in the front, pusher setup.

98463, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
looks nice but i doubt you will be getting an aluminum radiator in there.

Oh trust me, I will.
98464, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by edxmon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yo man, 'member me? Haven't bee on GhaySpace since forever, and I plan on keeping it that way! Looks awesome, first thing I said t myself: Where the hell is all the engine clutter?!

Also, that skirt cap on the passenger side looks like it came off ofan eclipse, and the rest of i is off a talon, seems to be too "thick". Another thing, did you nite shade half of the side markers or whats up with that? there seems to be a little wave in the bumper under the headlights, sorry to be a picky asshole like that, but just want to make sure you are aware of it, rock on bro :thumbsup
98469, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by edxmon
Yo man, 'member me? Haven't bee on GhaySpace since forever, and I plan on keeping it that way! Looks awesome, first thing I said t myself: Where the hell is all the engine clutter?! Also, that skirt cap on the passenger side looks like it came off ofan eclipse, and the rest of i is off a talon, seems to be too "thick". Another thing, did you nite shade half of the side markers or whats up with that? there seems to be a little wave in the bumper under the headlights, sorry to be a picky asshole like that, but just want to make sure you are aware of it, rock on bro :thumbsup

My pass fender cap is off an eclipse. The fender cap was missing when i got the set and i thought that the 95-96 eclipse cap was the same as the 95-96 talon cap. My bumper got removed alot during the last couple months and i havent had a chance to adjust it, I threw it on there so i wouldnt get pulled over. When i drove the car without a front bumper I had ziptied the bumper lights up but they still hit my tire, I have some smoked bumper lights on the way. I appreciate the spotlight tho! lol

98470, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by kain_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Very clean man. I love that engine bay. :)
98471, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by saikou
Beautiful. blcktalipse, your Eclipse is sex too.

thank you it isnt much but i appreciate the comments :thumbsup
98477, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by barza21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
awesome engine bay dude, it looks clean!! one question though: where did u relocate ur battery? and was it a bitch to move?
98478, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am daily driving it and taking it easy on it so far. I am still in need of injectors and I need to install my megasquirt. Thanks in advance for any positive comments

Dude, your Talon is fucking sweet bro. engine and rims color/style.

I'm planning to get gold rims for my white 97 eclipse, different style but gold.

I envy your engine bay work, thats Clean JDM all the way.

How the heck did you get those cam gears like that. I've talked to many dealers and they say adjustables are not for 420a's.

Cool, you have myspace

Could you add me to your friends list, talk about and help with my Eclipse.

Here's my url http://www.myspace.com/dweberdsmtuner

I have it set private, for my family and friends. Just send me and email through myspace. or add list.

My white Eclipse is on there, and don't worry bud. I am for real and not a two-face back stabber.

My Gram's lives in Clearwater, Florida maybe when go down visit her wann do a small meet ?

98480, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by kain_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dalesmitsuI envy th your engine bay work, thats Clean JDM all the way.

Oh wtf. No you didn't!
98481, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by kain_99gs
Originally posted by dalesmitsuI envy th your engine bay work, thats Clean JDM all the way.
Oh wtf. No you didn't!

Wtf. are you talking about.

Most engine bays in magazines looks like yours.

That's a good comment, not many engines look that good.

An, No ! I'm not f'n gay! drrr...

98483, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by kain_99gs
Oh wtf. No you didn't!

thats what i thought exactly.....oh NOes
98486, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by TEAM OVER REV, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow, thats really nice man. 2thumbs up. I wish my bay looked half as good as that. Now with the setup, how are your numbers? Is the size of your intake piping the same all the way around?
98487, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by dalesmitsu
I envy your engine bay work, thats Clean JDM all the way.

LOL

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Cool, you have myspace Could you add me to your friends list, talk about and help with my Eclipse. Here's my url http://www.myspace.com/dweberdsmtuner I have it set private, for my family and friends. Just send me and email through myspace. or add list. My white Eclipse is on there, and don't worry bud. I am for real and not a two-face back stabber. My Gram's lives in Clearwater, Florida maybe when go down visit her wann do a small meet ?

LOL X2
98489, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Whoa! I am getting more replies than i though i would have! The wheels are volk gt-n's wif 225-45-17" tires. I just had to hop on the jdm bandwagon since all the honda guys are doing it! lol
98479, RE: some recent pics of the bird
What size rims/tires are those, because mine needs replaced soon.

Do you recommend a special type of suspension and brakes for that type?
98542, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by corsagsbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good job!
the car looks great as it is, and quite impressive for being driven regularly.
Keep it up!

--------------------------------------
Santiago
boosted 420a...(2.2l v8 eater)
02 WRX
95 T/A 383ci
03 Harley XL 92ci w/ NOS

98552, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by tbone, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
DUDE! that looks insane! I am impressed, and thats not easy.

I have 2 questions. What fans are you running? Can this fanset work with the A/C condenser still in place?

I getting ready to install my motor but I want to keep my AC. Before anyone tells me to toss the A/C, Im keeping it. I have to sit in rush hour traffic everyday for atleast an hour. Im not playing that game with out all summer long with no A/C.

Tom
98555, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
fans, I don't see no stinkin fans, front mounted pusher setup?

What I'd like to know is why no pcv/breather hoses? or at least something to a catch can?
98562, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
fans, I don't see no stinkin fans, front mounted pusher setup? What I'd like to know is why no pcv/breather hoses? or at least something to a catch can?

I have total seal rings... which i regret buying. Total seal specifies disabling the pcv system. Once again.... I just got the car running and i didnt have time to decide on my catch can setup. Once i throw some cash down or build one I'll post pics. My fans are a pusher setup mounted in front of the radiator.
98879, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by dsmtuner1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have total seal rings... which i regret buying. Total seal specifies disabling the pcv system.

I have Total seal rings as well, but i have ran with the pcv and without it. It seems to be better with the pcv. When i run without the pcv my oil fouls alot faster. Just a little advice from personal experience.
98888, RE: some recent pics of the bird
I still don't see an explanation for the lack of fans. you can't go 80 everywhere to keep things cool
98890, RE: some recent pics of the bird
I still don't see an explanation for the lack of fans. you can't go 80 everywhere to keep things cool

He probably has a pusher setup for the fans.
98891, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G I still don't see an explanation for the lack of fans. you can't go 80 everywhere to keep things cool
He probably has a pusher setup for the fans.

That was my guess, I just wanted him to tell me :)
98628, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by korn89, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice car man
98647, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by jonhix, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Damn nice man! I have to see that before i move...where at in Tampa are you? Lookin sweet tho..really clean.
98892, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by DirtMegirt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this is for you Ronin, put your glasses back on :thumbsup

I do have a fan... its mounted in the front, pusher setup.

98896, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hahaha.

Yeah, pretty jdmed out... Go for a rhd conversion! Kidding.

Sweet ride man.

So jealous.

My engine bay will probably never look that clean. Wow. Turbo manifold looks really good.

Mad props.
98903, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by freddy_00_69, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Very nice engine bay, i like the tuck job. Keep up the great job and the car looks good also. I also run pusher style fans and i have a fluidyne radiator, but my manifold is no where near as good as yours, but i am sure you can mod something up to get the radiator in. My turbo sits close also, but have not had any issues with starter or radiator. Here is a pic i posted in the turbo section of how close mine is.
98909, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Originally posted by DirtMegirt
this is for you Ronin, put your glasses back on :thumbsup
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G I still don't see an explanation for the lack of fans. you can't go 80 everywhere to keep things cool
Originally posted by taclipse I do have a fan... its mounted in the front, pusher setup.

never took em off :P
98929, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by XMasta19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow, just noticed you were down here...how come I have never seen you around before...hmm, do u ever head out to causeway, gandy, etc?

Anywho, nice to see a mad tyte omgjdm 420a!

You should hit me up with a pm bro, you, joel, and I, and whatever other 2gnt'ers in the area should hook up and chill.
98935, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I really like your car taclipse, I haven't seen one that clean in quite some time. Thanks for the pics.

I left out the negative comments because you didn't want them.

j/k bro :)

edit: I can tell you like the mild look, but you should modify your front bumper to take advantage of all that intercooler, that thing is massive!
98966, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Thank you people. Xmasta shoot me a PM on tamparacing. I have been really busy with work and my other projects and have been neglecting the bird! I might take it out to ccc or gis this weekend if i find me an interior shifter bushing in time. It seems that the dude i was depending on to build my intake manifold flopped on me so i might be learning how to weld aluminum and purchase a tig welder pretty soon!
99043, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay... I'm ready for that writeup now :bowdown

I'm actually in the process of redoing my wiring, but nowhere near that level. Mmmmmmmmmm... wow!

- J

WTB: sunroof paneling (tan), black plastic inserts around fogs, stock power antenna
99045, RE: some recent pics of the bird
Hey taclipse, what are you using for a coolant resevoir? I can't see where the hose off the thermostat housing is running to.
I generated this page in 0.020179033279419 seconds, executing 7 queries.