Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectis there a constant +12V source wire in the trunk?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=96741
96741, is there a constant +12V source wire in the trunk?
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sorry but I have trouble with all things electrical on this car. There are a lot of wires in the back of my RS that don't connect to anything. they must be for the electric antenna, rear wipers, etc... on other models. I'm looking for a 12V source that's always on. if there isn't one already on the car then I have to put in one.

there is an unused black harness behind the rear panel, with a bunch of wires running into it. what are those for? I thought there was something on the main page with wiring diagrams, but I couldn't find it
96743, RE: is there a constant +12V source wire in the trunk?
Posted by knight ryda 99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
to my knowledge there is no constant 12v power source back there
96745, RE: is there a constant +12V source wire in the trunk?
Posted by azdave, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If there is one it would be the power antenna wire. The power antenna should have a constant 12VDC line as well as the switched 12VDC line from the head unit that signals if the radio is on or off.

I installed a dedicated line for the LED arrays, remote hatch release, air compressor and fuel pump re-wire as well as the power antenna and cig. lighter outlet I added.

If you want I can check factory schematics tonight and let you know further.
96753, RE: is there a constant +12V source wire in the trunk?
Thanks Dave, but I have it taken care of. I previously installed a dedicated line for the arrays, but when they were PWM'd with high duty cycles, it was creating an unstable voltage source for my controller. The existing capacitors weren't able to compensate for it.

I installed a line dedicated to the controller only, and now it works flawlessly.
96758, RE: is there a constant +12V source wire in the trunk?
Posted by azdave, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Great. Glad you got it taken care of. I wondered what you were up to since I knew you already had a large gauge dedicated line for the LED arrays. Makes more sense now.

Just curious though...was there a hot wire for the power antenna ready to go back there or did you run another line?

96759, RE: is there a constant +12V source wire in the trunk?
Posted by 96eclipse2nr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this is where a simple test light comes in very handy
96761, RE: is there a constant +12V source wire in the trunk?
I just ran a new line for V+. Gnd is using the stock wiring for tails.

I never use a test lamp, just a multimeter, b/c I can always confirm which lead is GND that way.
I generated this page in 0.013087034225464 seconds, executing 7 queries.