Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectFactory 17" rims/wheels
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=96148
96148, Factory 17" rims/wheels
Posted by crashoverburned, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm interested in getting the stock Mitsubishi Eclipse wheels, you know, the ones that come on the spyder, gsx, and some 2000 models, but I'm not sure what they usually go for. Someone is offering me $275, $200 for the set and $75 shipped, and I'm not sure if that's a fair price. What do you guys think?
96149, RE: Factory 17" rims/wheels
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Personally, I would go for some 22's, be different.
96150, RE: Factory 17
Yea, but I'm also not trying to spend a lot of money. I want to get stock because when I got my car, it already had these aftermarket wheels on there, I'm actually not sure what type they are. I've been looking for stock because I don't really car for the aftermarkets on there. I'd post a pic but I'm not sure how on this forum.

Figured it out. Here are the rims I have. Anyone know what type they are and if they're worth switching for stock 17"?

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?bg=FFFFFFℑ;=
96151, RE: Factory 17
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got a really good deal. I paid 200 for mine with two new tires, and I picked them up. They came off a Spyder.

Rims alone should only be 200-250.

Edit: Keep your current wheels until you need new tires, and then you have an excuse. :)
96152, RE: Factory 17
How much do you think my current wheels are worth? They're 16" but I'm not sure what type they are.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?bg=FFFFFFℑ;=

*edit*

I'm sorry, I know this belongs in the sale/wanted forum but I'm not fully committed to anything yet. I'm just looking for input.
96158, RE: Factory 17
I don't know. No brand. 16 inch. Not a desirable pattern. Stock 5 spokes are better looking. I'd say 150 for all 4 without tires.
96159, RE: Factory 17
Thanks for the quote. I think I'm going to go ahead and sell these and buy the stock 17s I'm being offered. They're in better shape than the ones I have anyway. I've searched for ballpark prices of the GSX rims and the consensus is around $200. With a $50 difference, might as well.
96263, RE: Factory 17
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
definitely switch out those 16's with the gsx rims.
96294, RE: Factory 17" rims/wheels
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by crashoverburned
I'm interested in getting the stock Mitsubishi Eclipse wheels, you know, the ones that come on the spyder, gsx, and some 2000 models, but I'm not sure what they usually go for. Someone is offering me $275, $200 for the set and $75 shipped, and I'm not sure if that's a fair price. What do you guys think?

Here try thistwo sites it'll help out some.

mitsubishi oem parts Yep! ALL factory parts at a low price.
url:http://www.mitsubishioemparts.com

also,

nationwide body parts

url:http://www.nationwidebodyparts.com

dalesmitsu
http://www.cardomain.com/id/dalesmitsu
96377, RE: Factory 17" rims/wheels
Well I just got my wheels in the mail but before I put them on, I want to paint them. I'll probably use the duplicolor wheel coating paint rather than powdercoating. I mean, why pay a lot of money for the same effect right? If you guys know any big differences between them, please let me know. Anyway, I have experience in painting plastic trim pieces, but not the wheel. Does anyone know if I should use a paint stripper, such as aircraft, to prep the wheel or am I better off just sanding it down and painting over top the old OEM paint? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
96378, RE: Factory 17" rims/wheels
Posted by saikou, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Why do you plan on painting them?
IMO, they'll look fine without the paint.
96379, RE: Factory 17" rims/wheels
Posted by StreetRacer_21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I thought factory rims were 16"
96382, RE: Factory 17" rims/wheels
Well, I like the aluminum look, but I've always wanted black rims and I don't feel like dishin' out a lot of cash for a whole set, so I figure painting the stocks is a good way to go. I would've gotten the aftermarkets I already had painted, but they were in bad shape and I never really liked the look anyway (they came with the car when I bought it). And yea, stocks are 16" but these rims are the ones that come on some GSX's and even some of the 00-05 Eclipses.
96383, RE: Factory 17" rims/wheels
Posted by StreetRacer_21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh, ok... Yeah I have spyder rims on my car and I was like :wtf
96540, RE: Factory 17" rims/wheels
Ok so I got the wheels and I'm about to paint them. Of course, since these are 17's, I'm gonna need new tires. The ones I have on right now, which were the ones that came with the car, are Sumitomo p225/50r16. I was wondering if anyone knows what the tire size is for eclipses with 17's. Also, what kind of tires can I get without spending too much?
96541, RE: Factory 17" rims/wheels
Originally posted by crashoverburned
Ok so I got the wheels and I'm about to paint them. Of course, since these are 17's, I'm gonna need new tires. The ones I have on right now, which were the ones that came with the car, are Sumitomo p225/50r16. I was wondering if anyone knows what the tire size is for eclipses with 17's. Also, what kind of tires can I get without spending too much?

Sorry, but the prices unfortunately go up the bigger the rim size.

The ones you might consider are some Fuzion HRi's however. Nice tread pattern, warranty, and affordable.
I generated this page in 0.010622978210449 seconds, executing 7 queries.