Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subject2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=92202
92202, 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by Jem09, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Peace,
I'm type bored at the moment, so I decided to post this thread and show you what I done over the weekend for my wifes 2Ga... Her car is Pink so I decided that Black Headlights would look better than the chrome, I'm also goin' to install smoked OEM tails to match the "Blacked/Smoked" theme. When I'm done smokin' them, I'll take pics. of that as well... When I install the the headlights, tails, I'm goin' to give her my Helix Smoked Bumper Lights (once again, goin' with the theme)... I'll be fiberglassin' the holes where the bumper lights would be... I don't like them, I feel the front will look cleaner after it's shaved off... Anyway, check it...

92203, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by nonamerat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks great! I keep on meaning to do that but my car is in storage. Good job!
92207, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Originally posted by nonamerat
Looks great! I keep on meaning to do that but my car is in storage. Good job!

Good lookin' out, I truly appreciate the pos. comment...

Peace,
Jem

92209, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by ScreaminE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Peace,

Looks great, I did the same on my Talon and I love it!

PS, why do you say peace at the beginning and end of all your posts?

Peace
92212, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Originally posted by ScreaminEPS, why do you say peace at the beginning and end of all your posts? Peace

You have no idea how many times I've been asked that on the boards... I don't mind explainin' it, but in order for me to feel you completely understand the reasons, I'll have to make a "write-up"... Never-the-less, I'll try to explain it as brief as possible...

The word "Peace" can be used as a greetin' and farewell... It's a word used in my belief when buildin' with another man/woman/child of the Nation... I could go on and on, but I'm sure you could careless by now...

I believe one of the other individuals that asked that que. was "Star Turbo Talon" Terry himself... .: Laughin' :.

Peace,
Jem

92214, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by hazardeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice... i think all 2ga's should have black housing headlights...
92215, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by hazardeclipse
nice... i think all 2ga's should have black housing headlights...

agreed black looks so much better
92219, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by ScreaminE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Jem09
Originally posted by ScreaminEPS, why do you say peace at the beginning and end of all your posts? Peace
You have no idea how many times I've been asked that on the boards... I don't mind explainin' it, but in order for me to feel you completely understand the reasons, I'll have to make a "write-up"... Never-the-less, I'll try to explain it as brief as possible... The word "Peace" can be used as a greetin' and farewell... It's a word used in my belief when buildin' with another man/woman/child of the Nation... I could go on and on, but I'm sure you could careless by now... I believe one of the other individuals that asked that que. was "Star Turbo Talon" Terry himself... .: Laughin' :. Peace, Jem

That is actually pretty cool. Thanks for clearin that up.

92235, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by 95_ESi_Person, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I agree with somebody here , all 2Ga's should have black headlight housings...

I remember doing mine and my roommates were like "what the hell are you doing?!"... then they saw the car afterwards and were like "ooooohhhh, aaaaahhhh!!!"

Then again I'm the only 2GA where I live with this done and I do stand out. Then again there not many Talons here, and I'm the only one with that done..

Back on topic... I love the way that looks, especially when very few people actually do it, it looks sinister.
92238, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
agreed...
before
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/rides/5066/__lg__/1136559762_car.jpg?rinrN4DBCMi25.DK

after...
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/rides/5066/__lg__/1136559813_car.jpg?ri2sN4DBP0o3YQFv

dont expect them to lower your car and add foglights, clear corners and a new emblem. but still, pretty damn good, and almost never done.
92239, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
agreed... before http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/rides/5066/__lg__/1136559762_car.jpg?rinrN4DBCMi25.DK after... http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/rides/5066/__lg__/1136559813_car.jpg?ri2sN4DBP0o3YQFv dont expect them to lower your car and add foglights, clear corners and a new emblem. but still, pretty damn good, and almost never done.

Both links came up with "Page cannot be displayed".
92247, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
thats because your headlights aren't blacked out. :P
92254, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
thats because your headlights aren't blacked out. :P

I take it you didn't read what I wrote the first time I posted in this thread. They are blacked out. If you were referencing my sig pic then I understand the mistake, that picture is OLD!!! That pic is almost 2 years old, headlights have been blacked out for just over a year.

Links still don't work. Fix them please!!!! I want to see them, Damnit!
92255, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
wow... decaf, man.

fixed links...

Thats the before pic (obviously)

and after... Lowered and such...

92264, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Decaf?! I was just playing around.
92272, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks good man, i did this in 99 with my headlights expect i painted them silver to match the interior ascents. but now i got projectors and no need to paint their black housing. i had honestly forgotten about modding headlights until this. damn i've been around for a while.

later
92280, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by EclipseSix, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What kind of paint did you use, and what kind of adhesive to put the covers back on the housing? Looks nice, I think I'll definitely do that to mine.
92293, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
when i did mine, i used engine enamel since the headlights tend to get warm. when i opened the housing, i used a heat gun to heat the silicone and the same meathod to close them. never had any problems until the dear jumped in my way. anyways,

later
92295, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
I used Krylon Fusion in mine, and I used the oven method for my headlights... no new adhesive.
92298, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by VTECKILLER, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just pulled min apart last weekend on my 97 so I could get those darn amber corners out they look so musch better now. yours look great also by the way ;)
92307, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Originally posted by VTECKILLER
I just pulled min apart last weekend on my 97 so I could get those darn amber corners out they look so musch better now. yours look great also by the way ;)

I agree of course... I've never liked the "amber/orange" in any turn signals...

Good lookin' out for the pos. comment...

Peace,
Jem

92319, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by jesse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow, i really like that. maybe i'll do that to my talon :D
92328, RE: 2Ga Blacked Out Headlights...
Posted by saikou, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been meaning to do that to my headlights, until I did the 2GB conversion. I still have my old headlights laying around... maybe I'll do the same and get a Talon one day. :)
I generated this page in 0.011442899703979 seconds, executing 7 queries.