Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectSome Pics (Now Wingless)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=90247
90247, Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I took some pics of my car on the way to and at a recent car show.

90248, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow, that's different. Since you were shaving holes, I would have shaved the rear wiper and antenna. Looks a lot cleaner though. I like it.
90249, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
the antenna and wiper are going before it gets repainted next year.
90250, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
cool, it really does add to the cleanliness of the car. I've pondered staying wingless myself, but I'll probably end up going with the turbo spoiler. That's IF I ever get around to getting this thing painted...
90251, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
I know the feeling of changing styles up. I will probably end up just putting the stock front on and going with a cf lip after it gets painted as well. I will leave the rear and sides though. What I have in mind is going to be very clean since the graphics will finally be gone (THANK GOD!) and the car will have more power at that point as well.

Wide...do you have any current pics of your car? I would love to see them man! Oh yeah BTW...you better be ready and have your shit together for NOPI next year. Get up with me a month or so in advanced and we can all stay at the same hotel so we can all party it up. Same goes for the SO coming up(if there is one)!
90253, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by widebodyeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks clean
90254, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by Vahustlin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks alot cleaner man.
90255, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
thanks guys that is what I am going for is just really clean looking. Like I said I can't wait for those painted on graphics to be gone! Then I will be happy!
90256, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by HardaTaq, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lookin good. Is it just me or is your back bumper a different color?
90257, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
nope you are correct in saying that and its a long story.

Remember the accident I was in back in early March when I got rear ended? http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=82189&mesg_id=82189&listing_type=search

Well the guy I had paint it messed it up 3 different times before telling me that he can not color match silver. I even gave him the paint my car was painted with 3 months prior to the accident. I mean come on man. But that is another reason I am excited to get the whole car painted as well. Stock front, no graphics, and no mismatch colors.

90258, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yup, interior still looks amazing.

Sorry to say, but I'd put the CF tails back on. It's just that you have the whole scheme going and it's like-

RED.
90261, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Originally posted by dsmmyth
Yup, interior still looks amazing. Sorry to say, but I'd put the CF tails back on. It's just that you have the whole scheme going and it's like- RED.

I will not put altezzas on my car. You will see that the red will be tied in at the end. I just love the stock tails too much. But the stock tails tie into the clean look!

Trust me it will look good in the end. It may look like ass now, but believe you me...it will look nice and clean in the end.
90269, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Originally posted by Aggression
Originally posted by dsmmyth Yup, interior still looks amazing. Sorry to say, but I'd put the CF tails back on. It's just that you have the whole scheme going and it's like- RED.
I will not put altezzas on my car. You will see that the red will be tied in at the end. I just love the stock tails too much. But the stock tails tie into the clean look! Trust me it will look good in the end. It may look like ass now, but believe you me...it will look nice and clean in the end.

I thought you had CF altezzas before? LOL. Ok, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
90270, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by nonamerat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It looks good and the interior is still my dream interior. I'm very happy to see that ugly brown manifold/turbo covered up. Maybe I don't pay close enough attention but it's the first pictures i've seen with it covered up. Overall it still looks great I think.
90271, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will not put altezzas on my car. ... I just love the stock tails too much. But the stock tails tie into the clean look! Trust me it will look good in the end.

You're goddamn right about that, man. Looks schweet, J. Coming from resident "Purity Boy," that's a compliment. You might want to drop azDave a line to see if he's got any information for you on hood props. He's got struts that look very smooth.
90259, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Oh trust me, the outside will be done. HOK Kandy Apple red with rmdsm lip, carbon hood, stock front, sides, and rear. Just debating on the spoiler. We'll definately have to get together though. I am going to try and bring more people next time too.
90262, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't like it wingless. I think eclipses look weird as hell without a wing.
90264, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by sonikbewm
I don't like it wingless. I think eclipses look weird as hell without a wing.

agreed 104%
90265, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It looks GREAT wingless. Much better man. Why does my invader hood look so much more arched then yours? That rear bumper needs some work before you get your new paint. All in all, Great show quality as always!
90266, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Originally posted by CustomGS
It looks GREAT wingless. Much better man. Why does my invader hood look so much more arched then yours? That rear bumper needs some work before you get your new paint. All in all, Great show quality as always!

I agree with you on the rear bumper needing more work...actually the whole rear needs some work!

I am actually toying with the notion of molding in some gauge pods and a insert for my wideband lcd sceen into the dash and then wrap it with cf. But more then likely that won't be for a while since I have my rebuild first, but I might work it in somewhere when I do my body work and paint.

I don't know! So much I want to do and its starting to get cold and darker earlier. I hate winter time for that sole reason. I wish I had access to a full open well lite garage after work.
90263, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
very nice dOod. Can't wait to see it "done" again :P
90267, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Originally posted by Blizare
very nice dOod. Can't wait to see it "done" again :P

I know...this is like the 3rd full change! I promise this will be the last full change for a long time.
90273, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Blizare very nice dOod. Can't wait to see it "done" again :P
I know...this is like the 3rd full change! I promise this will be the last full change for a long time.

haha

ha

ha

ya right :rolleyes :thumbsup
90276, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your car makes me horny :P
90277, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks nice but your rear bumper paint looks darker than your car and get rid of the blue pedal pads please.

ps, our gas is only 2.19, haha!
90278, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by nonamerat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
ps, our gas is only 2.19, haha!

WHOA! I just looked at your gas prices and its only 2.05 here! Crazy. Anyways, carry on.

90280, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
HAHA...yes gas is still pretty high here considering I have to use premium and its $2.85 a gallon. I am considering just running race gas all the time since it isn't that much more.

LOL...and I didn't even know I still has those on...haha! I put those on about 3-4 years ago. Totally forgot about them...because how often do you look at your own pedals?
90281, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by eclipse_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It looks very nice, i can tell thay you have taken alot of pride in your car.
90282, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Originally posted by eclipse_99rs
It looks very nice, i can tell thay you have taken alot of pride in your car.

Thank you!

You are very correct in your statement. I do take a lot of pride in my car. I think most people do with the exception of some, but you can usually tell who does and who doesn't take pride in their cars.

If you watch some people get out of their cars and walk into a building....and the whole time they are heading in you see them keep taking looks back at their car...thats the love and pride I am talking about! I do that all the time.
90285, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
If you watch some people get out of their cars and walk into a building....and the whole time they are heading in you see them keep taking looks back at their car...thats the love and pride I am talking about! I do that all the time.

LOL!!! I do that shit all the time, and my car looks like ass. I was wondering if anybody else did that shit.
90292, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by WIDECLIPSE
Originally posted by Aggression If you watch some people get out of their cars and walk into a building....and the whole time they are heading in you see them keep taking looks back at their car...thats the love and pride I am talking about! I do that all the time.
LOL!!! I do that shit all the time, and my car looks like ass. I was wondering if anybody else did that shit.

LMAO, I do too, but i try not to make it look to obvious that im checking out my own car. We should all set up a meet in some store's parking lot and while were walking in together we all turn around as a group a couple times. lol And its usually a long walk so i can get like 5 good head turns in, you know we all park super far out in the parking lot away from other cars. ( my g/f hates that )

ps. Did you ever strategically park your ride in a certain spot so you see it at a good angle when you walk out of the store? I do :9
90286, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Originally posted by eclipse_99rs It looks very nice, i can tell thay you have taken alot of pride in your car.
Thank you! You are very correct in your statement. I do take a lot of pride in my car. I think most people do with the exception of some, but you can usually tell who does and who doesn't take pride in their cars. If you watch some people get out of their cars and walk into a building....and the whole time they are heading in you see them keep taking looks back at their car...thats the love and pride I am talking about! I do that all the time.

Haha, I do that all the time and my car pales in comparison to yours.

90288, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by jesse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
no wing for the win :thumbsup
90289, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by RSClipse9d7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice work man. I can't wait to see it done again.
90293, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Originally posted by CustomGS
you know we all park super far out in the parking lot away from other cars. ( my g/f hates that ) ps. Did you ever strategically park your ride in a certain spot so you see it at a good angle when you walk out of the store? I do :9

Damn right I do...or park it in a spot so when your in a resturant you can keep an good eye one it! I have to set my panic off on purpose to get people away from it at times. I get people looking in the window and walking around the car all the time and it makes me nervous. So yes I do do that!
90297, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by HipHop615, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
copy cat
90322, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
I just couldn't resist...your car is just too sexy!
90326, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by slowmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I like the front the way it is. I don't like the hood, however. Clean car and props for the work involved.
90327, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Posted by InFiNiT3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
with the glassed dash and silver color , do u suffer much windshield glare?

02:19:18pm DarkOne> They'd have had to brought a whole fucking JUG of KY.
02:19:28pm InFiNiT3> lol no shit
02:19:39pm DarkOne> and a funnel.
02:19:45pm grain> have to get the ky with warming
02:20:00pm InFiNiT3> i feel sorry for the 18 y/o (one was 17 one 18) his name was plaster'd all over the news n news paper
02:20:06pm DarkOne> Yeah, has to be warming.
02:20:06pm BuckNutty> jus spit on it and it'll go in
02:20:17pm InFiNiT3> aye the ky w/ warming any good>
02:20:45pm grain> never tryed it
02:20:50pm grain> i applyed for a sample on thier website
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> evan didn't complain any
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> it felt nice
02:20:57pm InFiNiT3> lol
02:21:01pm grain> i use id glide whne she dries
02:21:06pm grain> good stuff
02:21:45pm InFiNiT3> thnx for the new sig guys
02:21:45pm DarkOne> Are we still talking about fucking dead chicks?
90350, RE: Some Pics (Now Wingless)
Not much glare at all, but then again I put a cover over it so it doesn't see much direct sunlight.
I generated this page in 0.012395143508911 seconds, executing 7 queries.