Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectFinally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=89748
89748, Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by HipHop615, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Finally got a new front bumper and got it painted and got all my sides fixed. If this one dies im going to get the Stillen Bumper, I still would have never gotten a body kit but o well u live and learn, I never recommend fiberglass...I need to raise my car a lil though, Im hitting everything, Im having trouble rasing on my Tein Type Flexs though, I think its just cuz they havent moved in so long, I was kinda getting used to rolling with no front bumper and just a FMIC in the front lol...I just need to get rid of that banner as well, Ive been using it as my sun visors since i lost the clips for my orginal visors.

89749, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
your car is beautiful.
89750, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by injendsm
your car is beautiful.

x2!

dont hide that fmic though!
89752, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by RSClipse9d7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am usually not a fan of kitted cars but that is really clean. You changed the lines on the car to less curve and more boxy, and pulled it off well. If you go with the Stillen I don't think it would flow with the skirts, hood and rear like this one does. Wingless is growing on me more now that I see this. Great work man.

Oh, and that color... wow.
89754, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
exact same kit as I have...to the T!

Looks good man!
89756, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OMG WOW dude. Looks great other than the grill that covers the fmic.
89757, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by slowmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't like the rims but it's starting to look good. Props.
89758, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
its so nice and shiny
89762, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by 1999Eclipt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Keep the mesh, no need to have a bare FMIC unless you want to show off, but id rather not pick the bugs and shit out of the it...just my $.02
89763, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Originally posted by slowmitsu
but it's starting to look good

ROFL!!!!

Starting to look good, wow. It ALREADY does look good!
89767, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Very nice.
89771, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by freddy_00_69, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Very nice , i like the color. I also love the hood, i cant wait until i get the same hood again.
89774, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by knight ryda 99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good god, I sense a disturbance in my pants, be back in 30
89782, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice car man . looks like mine but a lot better . i love the color . what color is that by the way ?
89789, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I LOVE YOUR CAR!!! PLEASE SELL IT TO ME LOL. Very nice job on everything. This is probably my favorite looking eclipse ever. Props to you on that.
89791, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by ScreaminE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks beautiful...what's the UNDERGROUND sticker all about?
89795, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
picture #5 is the money shot! signature worthy
89796, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Forgot to ask in my last post, what kit is that exactly? Down the road after college I may want to get that one for my car.
89811, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Forgot to ask in my last post, what kit is that exactly?

R34 front, Blitz low sides, blitz rear.
89812, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Originally posted by CustomGS
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05 Forgot to ask in my last post, what kit is that exactly?

Alright thanks! Can you even find blitz low sides anymore?
89813, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05 Forgot to ask in my last post, what kit is that exactly?
Alright thanks! Can you even find blitz low sides anymore?

4th one down on this page. vvvvv $167.00 Also I've dealt with them before. Good company and fast shipping.
http://www.andysautosport.com/product/exterior/body_kits?_v=vmd00298&_si=25
89794, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by GreenRicer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by boosted60trimrst
nice car man . looks like mine but a lot better . i love the color . what color is that by the way ?

Ditto on the color, just gorgeous...
89798, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hiphop, where'd you get the turbo marking for the center tail piece?
89799, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Originally posted by eclipse_gs_1512
hiphop, where'd you get the turbo marking for the center tail piece?

I think it's from a Porsche if i'm not mistaken.
89800, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Wow I notice the stock color interior. Looks really good, and even better than the all white imo.

For some reason, I normally don't like crome, but damn they look really good with the car and everything! Just watch out for the police!
89801, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipse_gs_1512 hiphop, where'd you get the turbo marking for the center tail piece?

i think you're right...but i just wanted to make sure cause i've seen a few different turbo markings around
89802, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
After hours of int...ok, minutes, of intense study of your car, I finally figured out what was wrong. You need thicker tires. Looks odd with low pro's on 17's.
89809, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by Max-Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dsmmyth
After hours of int...ok, minutes, of intense study of your car, I finally figured out what was wrong. You need thicker tires. Looks odd with low pro's on 17's.

That does look a little weird...

Your car is beautiful man...

And the turbo badge does look like the one I have, which I got off of ebay for $10... off of a porsche 911 :)
89815, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Thanks for the comments you guys, as for the mesh grill like said above I rather ruin my mesh then have a lot crap stuck in my fins. The main reason is cuz in case something really big is on the road i want it to smash mygrill in not bend my fins on the FMIC. I know it looks sick with a fatty FMIC just chillen there but I rather it perform well and u can still see it anyways.

Originally posted by ScreaminE
looks beautiful...what's the UNDERGROUND sticker all about?

It was my old Car Club Name "Team Underground" before the game, and yes i know it looks similar, but now that club has been dead for over a year now

Actually its the R34Front, Blitz Low Sides Molded, & BuddyClub Rear

Originally posted by eclipse_gs_1512 hiphop, where'd you get the turbo marking for the center tail piece?
i think you're right...but i just wanted to make sure cause i've seen a few different turbo markings around

Ya just like Max-Eclipse I got the emblem off of Ebay, Ihope more people dont do it though...

Originally posted by Max-Eclipse
Originally posted by dsmmyth After hours of int...ok, minutes, of intense study of your car, I finally figured out what was wrong. You need thicker tires. Looks odd with low pro's on 17's.
That does look a little weird... Your car is beautiful man... And the turbo badge does look like the one I have, which I got off of ebay for $10... off of a porsche 911 :)

You really think it looks weird? I had 235/45/17 before and they looked weird as hell so thick, i dunno maybe it was just me, I would def. get more tread life with thicker tires though.
89816, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Originally posted by HipHop615

oh, now i see the little fins that come down.
89817, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
You really think it looks weird? I had 235/45/17 before and they looked weird as hell so thick, i dunno maybe it was just me, I would def. get more tread life with thicker tires though.

Yes, check out these tires. 225/45/17.

89872, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by dizzastic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by HipHop615 You really think it looks weird? I had 235/45/17 before and they looked weird as hell so thick, i dunno maybe it was just me, I would def. get more tread life with thicker tires though.

What wheels are on that purple car man. they look great i think i need a set.

your car looks friggen amazing man what are the plans for the interior

89882, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Originally posted by dizzastic
Originally posted by HipHop615 You really think it looks weird? I had 235/45/17 before and they looked weird as hell so thick, i dunno maybe it was just me, I would def. get more tread life with thicker tires though.
What wheels are on that purple car man. they look great i think i need a set. your car looks friggen amazing man what are the plans for the interior

Haha, that's not my car, but I keep up with it because it is one of my favorite Barcelona Red DSM's. It's got methanol injection with a Shepherd tranny. It's actually for sale in California. But those are 5Zigen 17x8 FN01R-C wheels with 225/45/17 Gforce KDW2 tires. Offset is 43mm.
89818, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks for the comments you guys, as for the mesh grill like said above I rather ruin my mesh then have a lot crap stuck in my fins. The main reason is cuz in case something really big is on the road i want it to smash mygrill in not bend my fins on the FMIC. I know it looks sick with a fatty FMIC just chillen there but I rather it perform well and u can still see it anyways.
Originally posted by ScreaminE looks beautiful...what's the UNDERGROUND sticker all about?
It was my old Car Club Name "Team Underground" before the game, and yes i know it looks similar, but now that club has been dead for over a year now
Ya just like Max-Eclipse I got the emblem off of Ebay, Ihope more people dont do it though...
Originally posted by dsmmyth After hours of int...ok, minutes, of intense study of your car, I finally figured out what was wrong. You need thicker tires. Looks odd with low pro's on 17's.
That does look a little weird... Your car is beautiful man... And the turbo badge does look like the one I have, which I got off of ebay for $10... off of a porsche 911 :)

your tires do look weird. you really need some 18s on this car, with 225/40R18s... that's what I've got an it looks perfect
89821, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Originally posted by HipHop615 Thanks for the comments you guys, as for the mesh grill like said above I rather ruin my mesh then have a lot crap stuck in my fins. The main reason is cuz in case something really big is on the road i want it to smash mygrill in not bend my fins on the FMIC. I know it looks sick with a fatty FMIC just chillen there but I rather it perform well and u can still see it anyways.
Originally posted by ScreaminE looks beautiful...what's the UNDERGROUND sticker all about?
your tires do look weird. you really need some 18s on this car, with 225/40R18s... that's what I've got an it looks perfect

or some 19's :)
89985, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by Talontaxi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thank you for not putting a big gay wing on your car, it looks great
89960, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by HardaTaq, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that car makes me happy in pants.
89826, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by jonhix, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that is one of the cleanest i have seen! NICE!
89842, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If there was a "jerking off" icon I would insert here: _________
89878, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks badass. I love the color and I have always liked the R34 front.
89892, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by sonikbewm
Looks badass. I love the color and I have always liked the R34 front.

You like taking pictures there don't you :P :P

i like the B M.
89897, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Blizare
You like taking pictures there don't you :P :P i like the B M.

So far it has the best lighting at night that I have found around my apartment. I'm still looking for new places to take pics. :P
89957, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Thanks again for the comments...Ya I want to get some 18s or 19s does anyone have any for sale? =) I want to get a new digital camera so I can take pics at night as well.

Also...If i do keep my 17s what size tires do u think i should get?
89958, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks again for the comments...Ya I want to get some 18s or 19s does anyone have any for sale? =) I want to get a new digital camera so I can take pics at night as well. Also...If i do keep my 17s what size tires do u think i should get?

I'm thinking 215/45. What's on there now, 205/40? I noticed the tires being too small when you first posted this thread but didn't post about it. Car looks good though :thumbsup.
89987, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by eclipse_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lookin good i have always wanted to see pics of your car.
89989, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by speedtek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that is hot!!!
90019, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Less than one fucking week and its now already cracked, I hate body kits
90020, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by destruckeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh man that sucks. Just forked out for a new paint job, and shit's fucked up already? Jeez.
90021, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Get some urethane action going.
90206, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by Eclipsegsx012, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow your car turned out good with bodykits. I'm really not a fan of bodykit but your car and Aggression make me want to put a R34 kit on it.
90207, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Car's looking good. I'm pretty sure a splitter could protect the R34 from scratching and/or cracking. Yeah i know your pain though, no more fiberglass front bumpers for me.
90299, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Thanks for all the comments guys, I so fucked it up already though, I pulled out of a parking space and so scraped my entire side allalong the curb and it smashed in my side skirt....not cool...About $400 to fix...
90384, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by wikid420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
car looks bad ass man. love the color. what is the exact color? sorry to hear you fucked it up already, i had the same problem but it was little longer then a week, smashed into a curb parking by accident.
90388, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
one of my sideskirts have a scratch from the end of the door to the rear wheel well from the curb . that shit really sux
90389, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Hey todd, you can have my front bumper if you want once I get my other one painted.
90422, RE: Finally Got My Car Painted/Fixed
Posted by pea_jay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dude sorry to hear about that bumper/skirt. I went through the same thing when i had the Drift kit on my car. That car is one of the most beautiful that i've seen. I love the color too. Looks like the color off of my 05 Yamaha R1 sportbike.
I generated this page in 0.011257171630859 seconds, executing 7 queries.