Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectwingless?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=86680
86680, wingless?
Posted by superelite68, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well i got my car in the shop right now and the spoiler is off of the car. its the stock three piece. i got the bomex 2 kit thats going on it. i was going to make my car wingless and be done with it. but the more i think about it the more i doubt how it will look. does anyone have pictures of a wingless 2g with a bomex kit? or what are your opinions about a wingless 2g with a bomex kit?

thanks

jon
86683, RE: wingless?
Posted by optikal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm currently wingless so i'm biased but i say that's the way to go
86684, RE: wingless?
Posted by DJ420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Scroll down to about the middle of my page.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/678620/2

86686, RE: wingless?
Posted by HipHop615, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I like wingless....
86688, RE: wingless?
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
personally i think wingless seems to make the car look like its missing something even if you just keep the stocker i think it looks better than without although the turbo wing is real sweet
86689, RE: wingless?
Posted by pr0, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I say go for it, I have always like the look but I'm trying to keep my car as sleeper as possible so removing it would raise some questions. haha
86690, RE: wingless?
Posted by freddy_00_69, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wingless is much nicer. Gives it a clean look.

86692, RE: wingless?
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i really like wingless with a bodykit. it makes it look really clean, but if it looks more stock, the turbo wing is where its at.
86698, RE: wingless?
Posted by CrazyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by cs82685
personally i think wingless seems to make the car look like its missing something

^^^^ thats why i put on the turbo wing rather than wingless.
86743, RE: wingless?
Originally posted by DJ420a
Scroll down to about the middle of my page. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/678620/2

that looks hot. i think im going wingless. plus if i dont like it i can allways buy a wing prep it paint it and install it on my car.
86700, RE: wingless?
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by optikal

Same here.. Make your own decision, this board is usually 50/50 when it comes to this subject
86706, RE: wingless?
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wingless is best. the turbo wing looks absolutely fucking dipshitted retarded on kitted cars.
86711, RE: wingless?
Posted by 95 Mitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wingless would be better with the Bomex kit.
86720, RE: wingless?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i like those big metal ones. plus those are functional and add downforce like real race cars. the adjustable ones are super cool.
86721, RE: wingless?
Posted by pr0, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The turbo wing is frikin huge, I can't believe some of you guys actually like it. If I had a GSX that came with it I would keep it (just because it came with it) but ditching the mini one for a useless huge one seems rather dumb. Does it get in the way of the rear view at all?
86728, RE: wingless?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by pr0
The turbo wing is frikin huge, I can't believe some of you guys actually like it. If I had a GSX that came with it I would keep it (just because it came with it) but ditching the mini one for a useless huge one seems rather dumb. Does it get in the way of the rear view at all?

but i wanna look like a supra! x(
86730, RE: wingless?
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by pr0
Does it get in the way of the rear view at all?

I've never had any problems with it.
86745, RE: wingless?
Posted by CrazyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by pr0
Does it get in the way of the rear view at all?

It does a little, but you get used to it. Thats what the side mirrors are for anyways...
86746, RE: wingless?
Old School Pics but they still show whats up...

86749, RE: wingless?
Posted by Shockeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have to go somewhere right now but I will go take some pics of my car which is bomex kitted and winglss..post em up for ya
86751, RE: wingless?
thanks man i appreciate you.

eclipses look awesome wingless. at least im starting to think so.
86753, RE: wingless?
Posted by SilverBullet20g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I can't decide what to do either

old crappy pic:

or

86767, RE: wingless?
Posted by rucr8z2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I like my 3 piece mid wing from wings west it also has a huge led third brake light and looks kinda stock without being too huge or really tiny like the one that came on mine!

Star Stage II,Vecco SS heatshield,OBX intake,OBX fuelrail,MSD coil & wires,Epac voltage sys.,Hyperground sys.,Eagle rods,JE pistons,ARP studs,melling oil pump(Ceramic coated DP,wastegate tube,Manifold & turbo housing)
86768, RE: wingless?
Posted by Shockeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Can you resize you sig a lil bit man^

And I will get those pics tommorrow, my trip ealier took way longer then it should have..
86771, RE: wingless?
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SilverBullet20g
I can't decide what to do either old crappy pic: or

Wing it.
91107, RE: wingless?
Posted by EclipseSix, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm diggin the wingless look lately, but in your particular case the wing really adds to the kit, I'd keep it.
91108, RE: wingless?
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EclipseSix
I'm diggin the wingless look lately, but in your particular case the wing really adds to the kit, I'd keep it.

i think he decided around 4 months ago when this thread was started. however, i will reiterate that im fond of the wingless look. :thumbsup
91109, RE: wingless?
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a Wings West GTR wing for sale for $200 plus shipping if you want something different!

Couple others have it and its the only wing I like besides the turbo spoiler.

91111, RE: wingless?
Posted by hazardeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Keep it wingless....
91118, RE: wingless?
Posted by LikeNoOther, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wingless is how I roll !!!
The pic of my sig is my car with the bomex front and rear. (Invader sides) I know it's not the best pic. It will give you an idea of what it looks like from the side though. Hope that helps.

91120, RE: wingless?
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i like wingless too but i also like the turbo spoiler just as much

http://imageshack.us>
91124, RE: wingless?
Posted by xceler8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mine came with the damn turbo spoiler, and you know what... I like it. When it comes down to it, it's mainly for aesthetics because my car sure ain't going 200 mph to really need much of a giant ass spoiler. I also like the turbo spoiler because it screams eclipse to the honda and acura guys that wanna be like us. those others seem to "other japanese" to me. they don't really even go with the lines of the car. The turbo spoiler does if you look down it,it follows the lines of the car perfectly (top and sides of the car)

I enjoy seeing it in my mirror. It reminds me constantly that I'm in my car and not some other stupid car.

Hey bro, or anyone,your gonna buy what you like, not what I like, or joe non-spoiler likes. You can save money by not buying one and put it towards a turbo kit. Now that's thinking like an economist!
91136, RE: wingless?
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
heres to going wingless!!

91137, RE: wingless?
but the eclipse rear looks PRIMO with the talon thumnail spoiler...imo

91142, RE: wingless?
Wingless is the way to go....plus nothing gets in your way in the rearview mirror =)

91143, RE: wingless?

Same here. BUT The bomex 2 kit is Big and bulky, so you may want to go with a bigger wing. Heres a couple pics. I do like Agression's wing(gtr) with the Bomex.

91148, RE: wingless?
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
From the back, the eclipse looks totally awkward wing less.
91165, RE: wingless?
Originally posted by jsupetran
From the back, the eclipse looks totally awkward wing less.

but not with the thumnail spoiler. its puuurty
91290, RE: wingless?
Originally posted by CustomGS
Originally posted by optikal i'm currently wingless so i'm biased but i say that's the way to go
Same here. BUT The bomex 2 kit is Big and bulky, so you may want to go with a bigger wing. Heres a couple pics. I do like Agression's wing(gtr) with the Bomex.

ah..ha didn't mean to revive an old thread, but it worked out, Eclipse's look awesome wingless, or with the talon thumbnail wing, I kinda like that too. But I think after I re-do my audio and this damn chicago snow melts I'll be slammin the car and shavin the wing.
91372, RE: wingless?
Posted by widebodied, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wingless has always bbeen sexy

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
yeah, those of us who are immune to the "2gnt" curse. Curse is a joke, if you have it, it's cuz you have no clue how to play the game.

DISCLAIMER: Some of what I say may upset you, make you cry, or even make you consider suicide. I am not responsible for how your sensitive punk ass decides to take it

The official 2GNT EGO Wrecker
91428, RE: wingless?
Posted by eclipse7782, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There is definitely a difference in how the car feels above 50. Without the wing the rear end feels like its floating. With the wing it definitely feels a lot more grounded and in control.
91429, RE: wingless?
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipse7782
There is definitely a difference in how the car feels above 50. Without the wing the rear end feels like its floating. With the wing it definitely feels a lot more grounded and in control.

LOL it only feels floaty because that extra 40lbs the stock wing weighs isn't there. I don't think it does anything aerodynamics wise untill your at 120. Personally...I like being wingless.
91430, RE: wingless?
Originally posted by madhatter210
Originally posted by eclipse7782 There is definitely a difference in how the car feels above 50. Without the wing the rear end feels like its floating. With the wing it definitely feels a lot more grounded and in control.
LOL it only feels floaty because that extra 40lbs the stock wing weighs isn't there. I don't think it does anything aerodynamics wise untill your at 120. Personally...I like being wingless.

Yeah I doubt you could actually feel the difference doing anything under 100. Not to mention the few hundred pounds worth of spare tire + sub woofers I have in the back to give some weight.
91436, RE: wingless?
Posted by VOTBLINDUB, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i dont like wingless. it looks naked to me. i just like the 3 piece factory or the high spoiler.
91478, RE: wingless?
I just like the way it looks, it makes it look different from all the other ricer imports with their wings (not saying the stock 3 piece or turbo wing are ricey, they really aren't at all, but this is one step better)... Just makes the car look like its about to take off, always, lol.

91488, RE: wingless?
Posted by eclipse7782, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
40lbs? yea i guess if u fill it with rocks. It weighs about 15lbs tops, and i would say anything over 50-60mph and it makes a huge difference. Why do you think they put it on the car for the hell of it?
91489, RE: wingless?
lol, 50-60 mph with the little three-piece wing isn't going to add hardly any downforce at all. Not to mention that with our cars, front wheel drive, engine in the front, there is no reason for a lot of downforce unless you're pushing 400 HP out of the damn thing. The back end is being dragged along, and the torque at the front wheels will keep the car on the ground just fine.

I rather hear it from those who are currently wingless, one of them already said he doesn't feel any difference wingless, how about the others, optikal, hiphop615, etc etc...

p.s.

this is one of my favorite eclipses that I've seen, everything works for it, just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about owning an eclipse, lol, the possibilities. Wingless all the way.
91507, RE: wingless?
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
bomex kits only look good when wingless imo.
91510, RE: wingless?
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by injendsm
bomex kits only look good when wingless imo.

I didn't know they looked good anytime.

one of them already said he doesn't feel any difference wingless, how about the others, optikal, hiphop615

I don't feel a difference. You probably won't anyway unless you go from a Turbo wing to wingless. The 3-piece is too small to note.
91511, RE: wingless?
lol, 50-60 mph with the little three-piece wing isn't going to add hardly any downforce at all. Not to mention that with our cars, front wheel drive, engine in the front, there is no reason for a lot of downforce unless you're pushing 400 HP out of the damn thing. The back end is being dragged along, and the torque at the front wheels will keep the car on the ground just fine. I rather hear it from those who are currently wingless, one of them already said he doesn't feel any difference wingless, how about the others, optikal, hiphop615, etc etc... p.s.
this is one of my favorite eclipses that I've seen, everything works for it, just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about owning an eclipse, lol, the possibilities. Wingless all the way.

Thank you! Very nice compliment
91548, RE: wingless?
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used to think wingless would look superb on my car...so I tried it a while back and drove around for about a week wingless. I think from the back, the car look oddly narrow; however from the 3/4 view from the front, without a wing the rear fenders curving into the hatch seems to go forever, making the rear look wider.

After the fact...I was unhappy and every time I looked at the car I felt like something was missing, so I put it back on and it just seems to make the car more agressive looking. Depends on your personality I'd say, I like to floss my car down the strip and grab attention.... being a sleeper isn't on my agenda, mostly because I LIKE having people attempt to race me and the cops havn't pulled me over in over 2 years.

And as far as the rear view, the wing IS in the way - but it is hardly an obstruction, you can see traffic behind you with ease, so that doesn't bother me.

But let me say, a lot of cars do look great wingless but I just don't think it's for me. Isnt that what it's all about? It's what YOU like! But in general Id say the board is pretty 50/50 on this topic.

"Wang it, wang it tastefully, or don't wang it at all"
91704, RE: wingless?
Posted by T_K, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I went from turbo wing to wingless.

1. Much less wind noise on the highway
2. My hatch stays up now
3. I can see behind the car!!!

I was planning to put the low spoiler but now I've decided to keep it wingless. Looks kind of more mature to me.
I generated this page in 0.016416072845459 seconds, executing 7 queries.