Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectI'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=85175
85175, I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just took my wipers off to do some painting, and it looked so nice with no rear wiper, I started thinking more about taking the turbo spoiler off...and the more I thought about it, the more I want to do it...

What do you guys think about a stock body GSX with no wing and no rear wiper???

If some of the photoshop guys are still hangin' around, maybe one of you could hook me up with a shaved photoshop of the X.

pics to work with

or anything else here you want to use
http://photobucket.com/albums/v132/flyinesi/GSX/

this picture has kind of inspired thought too...

85176, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by coppereclipse95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think they both look good. I personally like the turbo wing. BUT I do wonder how my car would look with out a wing sometimes.
85177, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I say go for it. Although turbo wing looks good on STOCK body.

85178, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wings are for planes
85179, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I like DSMs with no spoiler... looks good. Real good. but, I think your car would look better with a spoiler.
85180, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'll buy it if ya decide to off-load it.
85181, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by Kaoz78, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I say leave it, unless you add the 3 piece just to throw people off. Damn what it must feel like to be able to call your daily " The X."
85182, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by EvMan2345, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I vote for you keeping it...

Evan B
97 GS- FOR SALE
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com
85183, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by RSClipse9d7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Don't fix what isn't broke. Your car looks so clean right now, don't mess with it.
85184, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by pr0, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Either way it looks good.
85185, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by csmakio, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
In my opinon DSM's without any kind of wing or spoiler look kind of dumb, well really dumb and unbalanaced.

I say leave it, I have a turbo wing on my car and love it and it looks great on your car, why would you want to change it. Your choice though dude just stating my opinion :)
85186, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Keep it. Spoilerless seems to look WAY better on black dsms.
85187, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Keep it. :)
85191, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i agree with ^^^^ i think without a wing looks funny and the turbo spoiler looks great especially on your car
85210, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Originally posted by csmakio
In my opinon DSM's without any kind of wing or spoiler look kind of dumb, well really dumb and unbalanaced.

Wheel gap looks really dumb too, IMO.

85250, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by csmakio, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CustomGS
Originally posted by csmakio In my opinon DSM's without any kind of wing or spoiler look kind of dumb, well really dumb and unbalanaced.

What you need to be a dick for? Im lowering it next weekend.

Sorry I cant afford to do everything at once Im only 18 and just got finished paying off the car prick.
85253, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Originally posted by csmakio
Originally posted by csmakio In my opinon DSM's without any kind of wing or spoiler look kind of dumb, well really dumb and unbalanaced.
What you need to be a dick for? Im lowering it next weekend. Sorry I cant afford to do everything at once Im only 18 and just got finished paying off the car prick.

Listen you little shit.... You call me a fuckin prick. You insulted everyone that runs wingless including myself. I simple then stated my opinion regarding wheel gap. If you can dish out your negative opinion, then learn to take other peoples. You resort to name calling. Exactly the kind of immature 2Gnter that we dont want here.
85254, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by undisputed, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the point of the thread was opinions on going wingless not wheel gaps. He simply stated his opinion on it and you bash him for it. :shrug
85255, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Originally posted by undisputed
the point of the thread was opinions on going wingless not wheel gaps. He simply stated his opinion on it and you bash him for it. :shrug

Bash him?? Jesus.. He said Wingless looks dumb, really dumb. I then said wheel gap looks dumb. Thats Bashing him??? I did bash him after he called me a prick.

Edit* Nevermind, I apologize. Good luck with the drop * :puke
85269, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Originally posted by undisputed the point of the thread was opinions on going wingless not wheel gaps. He simply stated his opinion on it and you bash him for it. :shrug
Bash him?? Jesus.. He said Wingless looks dumb, really dumb. I then said wheel gap looks dumb. Thats Bashing him??? I did bash him after he called me a prick. Edit* Nevermind, I apologize. Good luck with the drop * :puke

lol dude i was gunna say something too...but people around here can dish and not take it, its funny as hell...

so thats why i didnt say anything about captain wheel gap

but i laughed when u did :+

85285, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by undisputed the point of the thread was opinions on going wingless not wheel gaps. He simply stated his opinion on it and you bash him for it. :shrug
Bash him?? Jesus.. He said Wingless looks dumb, really dumb. I then said wheel gap looks dumb. Thats Bashing him??? I did bash him after he called me a prick. Edit* Nevermind, I apologize. Good luck with the drop * :puke
lol dude i was gunna say something too...but people around here can dish and not take it, its funny as hell... so thats why i didnt say anything about captain wheel gap but i laughed when u did :+

Turby Thanks for havin the balls to see my side of it. ..You said "Captain Wheel Gap" lol, I just cracked up out loud at work.
85192, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by FlyinEsi
What do you guys think about a stock body GSX with no wing and no rear wiper???

I think I'm a bit rusty, but I think I like the idea of "The X" being wingless. }(
85193, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by pfmicks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No! Keep the wing
85195, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
off with the wang!!!! i love the spoilerless look on dsms.
85197, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im actually thinking of going spoilerless on mine too. i think it looks really clean and sleeper-ish to our cars. on yours, those photoshoped pictures look really nice w/out the spoiler IMO.
85199, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by ColtsNumba1Fan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i like the wingless look also but if any of you turbo guys go-no, hit me up i wanna buy a turbo wing! lol
85200, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've really been thinking about doing this myself, too. Except I would get a CF hatch and paint it. Looks good either way.
85208, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by nordstrom, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I took mine off last month to see how it looks and if i really like it wingless. i have decided to keep it wingless. the biggest thing i noticed was all the damn ricers around here leave me alone without the wing! And i personally like the look, something different
85209, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can actually take off the T spoiler and look at how it would look. There would be holes afterwards but it gives you a better viewpoint than photoshop.
85212, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lose it, Dan.
85213, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
edit: doh x(
85214, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It would really take some getting use to for me to go wingless. The reason I say no is because our back trunk lid part of the hatch is so small that it needs something to balance out the back of the car. It looks like the car is all nose heavy and I don't like that!
85215, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
^^^ Yea what he said.. The Eclipse has a Fat Ass.. Like Fat Oprah Fat.. That turbo wing is the only thing I think that helps balance the back end of the car. I hate my 3 piece spoiler and I only wish to get a turbo wing sometime to help balance out the rear. Don't take it away dude. You'r car is sick as hell the way it is just spend the money on more performance shit.
85221, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Take it off.

Take it all off :P :P

(no hef intended)
85222, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by ACoolGuy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The beauty about 2G's is that they look awesome with and without a wing. Just do what you want. I personally like your car with the wing.
85225, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by undisputed, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Even though it does contribute to the sleeper look by taking it off leave it on, you'll miss it later.
85239, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by lrseclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
keep the wing... ditch the wiper. i took mine off and put a plug in until i can get it actually shaved. u can prob buy the lug on ebay for a couple bucks, all it is, is a cap and screw
85249, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
keep the wing!
85256, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Originally posted by sonikbewm
keep the wing!

Hey, people told you to keep your car, and you didn't...so your opinion doesn't count!!! :P
85258, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by OCpimp4life, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah id say keep the turbo wing.... it would add alot to any car it can even make your moms yugo look good.
85259, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Hey, people told you to keep your car, and you didn't...so your opinion doesn't count!!! :P

LOL! touche(sp?)! Seriously though...I think your car would look a lot better with the wing than without.
85260, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by Ducking_Fumbass, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Every time that I see a car on this forum that I love the look of, the owner fucks it up by making changes.

First, Ryan Hester puts on a body kit. I loved that car with the silver headlight housings and everything silvered out, with the stock body panels. It still looks good, but I loved how that car looked.

Then, there's JasonESi-T. I loved his car, well, intact. And then he sold it, and it became, well, not intact.

Then, one of the biggest offenders, Sonicbewm, had a gorgeous red car with a CF hood. Looked utterly amazing. Until he sold it.

Now you're looking at taking the spoiler off? I just can't take it. :P
85276, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
Every time that I see a car on this forum that I love the look of, the owner fucks it up by making changes. First, Ryan Hester puts on a body kit. I loved that car with the silver headlight housings and everything silvered out, with the stock body panels. It still looks good, but I loved how that car looked. Then, there's JasonESi-T. I loved his car, well, intact. And then he sold it, and it became, well, not intact. Then, one of the biggest offenders, Sonicbewm, had a gorgeous red car with a CF hood. Looked utterly amazing. Until he sold it. Now you're looking at taking the spoiler off? I just can't take it. :P

SO TRUE!

85300, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
Then, one of the biggest offenders, Sonicbewm, had a gorgeous red car with a CF hood. Looked utterly amazing. Until he sold it.

wow...I'm honored that I'm the biggest offender. :P It will all be ok when I'm in Orlando on June 2nd to pick up my new car.
85268, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Posted by speedtek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just took my wipers off to do some painting, and it looked so nice with no rear wiper, I started thinking more about taking the turbo spoiler off...and the more I thought about it, the more I want to do it... What do you guys think about a stock body GSX with no wing and no rear wiper??? If some of the photoshop guys are still hangin' around, maybe one of you could hook me up with a shaved photoshop of the X. pics to work with

hey thats my car =o) but after that guy chopped your car, i definitely think you should keep your wing!!! looks alot sexier!!
85275, RE: I'm thinking about going wingless *runs away dodging rocks*
Dude!!! Can you post some more pics of your car...different angles, and natural lit pictures???

PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I generated this page in 0.015483856201172 seconds, executing 7 queries.