Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectremoved the wing
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=84183
84183, removed the wing
Posted by got_NX, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I knew just as well as everyone busting my ass the wing had to go. Yeah the were in style in the tuner scene 3 years ago. No loss here, the wing was given to me from Carisma in CA. But it is off now. I'm thinking of the new aerogear wing. What do you think?

84184, RE: removed the wing
Posted by kain_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
turbo wing > all
84185, RE: removed the wing
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No wing at all, just straight clean.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030
84201, RE: removed the wing
Posted by coppereclipse95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kain_99gs
turbo wing > all

84186, RE: removed the wing
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by got_NX
Well, I knew just as well as everyone busting my ass the wing had to go. Yeah the were in style in the tuner scene 3 years ago. No loss here, the wing was given to me from Carisma in CA. But it is off now. I'm thinking of the new aerogear wing. What do you think?

That looks similar to the s281 wing. Maybe that's the look it's going for.
84187, RE: removed the wing
Posted by GSGoinFast, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kain_99gs
turbo wing > all

84188, RE: removed the wing
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
turbo wing is by far the best looking and fitting wing for our cars imo
84189, RE: removed the wing
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wrong forum. This should be in the PITS. or in interior/exterior.
84190, RE: removed the wing
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by djtrickee
Wrong forum. This should be in the PITS. or in interior/exterior.

We agree!
84191, RE: removed the wing
Posted by knight ryda 99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
why do you care what someone thinks. If you liked the wing then keep the wing. You build your car the way you want, not the way they want. Your car loses personality when they take over. And yes I do have a boeing wing on my car, frankly I don't give a damn what anybody thinks, let the burn begin.
84192, RE: removed the wing
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think the wing pictured above would look good if you were a Mexican, and your car was a Mustang. That is all.
84193, RE: removed the wing
Originally posted by DarkOne
I think the wing pictured above would look good if you were a Mexican, and your car was a Mustang. That is all.

BWahahahaha that just made my day!!! lol i actually thought that eclipse pictured was a mustang when i first looked at it, cuz of the side scoops and all. but that was fucking funny, reminds me of the mexicans where i live lol!
84211, RE: removed the wing
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkOne
I think the wing pictured above would look good if you were a Mexican.

Whats wrong with mexicans... Djtrickee is mexican... :thumbsup
84212, RE: removed the wing
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Pitchblack98
Originally posted by DarkOne I think the wing pictured above would look good if you were a Mexican.

djbeaner is cool though, sometimes

84217, RE: removed the wing
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Pitchblack98
Originally posted by DarkOne I think the wing pictured above would look good if you were a Mexican.

OMG. that actually made me laugh out loud. Which hasn't since I was at my uncles funeral 2 years ago.
I'm not mexicano but I guess that would explain why your girl was cryin' out "aye poppie!!!" all last night after she met up with my Dirty Sanchez.
lolol
84194, RE: removed the wing
Posted by admin4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by djtrickee Wrong forum. This should be in the PITS. or in interior/exterior.
We agree!

Me too.
84195, RE: removed the wing
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just say NO to wings...
84196, RE: removed the wing
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by WickedESi
Just say NO to wings...

84197, RE: removed the wing
Posted by OCpimp4life, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the wing didnt look bad on your car, but yeah the old park bench style is out. turbo wing it or get that 3 piece wing from wings west, imo the two best ways to go.
84198, RE: removed the wing
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
go wingless
84199, RE: removed the wing
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by OCpimp4life
the wing didnt look bad on your car, but yeah the old park bench style is out. turbo wing it or get that 3 piece wing from wings west, imo the two best ways to go.

Fuckin turbo wing DOES NOT look good with a body kit. Specially the straight lines of the blitz rear and sides. Go with a lip wing, as you were saying,or wingless. And by the way, The lip wing on the above eclipse is not bad at all, but the bodykit is shit.
84200, RE: removed the wing
Originally posted by CustomGS
Originally posted by OCpimp4life the wing didnt look bad on your car, but yeah the old park bench style is out. turbo wing it or get that 3 piece wing from wings west, imo the two best ways to go.
Fuckin turbo wing DOES NOT look good with a body kit. Specially the straight lines of the blitz rear and sides. Go with a lip wing, as you were saying,or wingless. And by the way, The lip wing on the above eclipse is not bad at all, but the bodykit is shit.

im gonna have to dissagree, turbo wing looks best... i guess im gonna have to dissagree with you on the body kit also, as to i dont see the need for it. :shrug you could put that money to such good performance use

84202, RE: removed the wing
Originally posted by GSGoinFast
Originally posted by OCpimp4life the wing didnt look bad on your car, but yeah the old park bench style is out. turbo wing it or get that 3 piece wing from wings west, imo the two best ways to go.
im gonna have to dissagree, turbo wing looks best... i guess im gonna have to dissagree with you on the body kit also, as to i dont see the need for it. :shrug you could put that money to such good performance use

What do you mean you disagree with me on the bodykit...I said it WAS shit..not THE shit.Meaning i dont like it. And the turbo wing is a
GREAT looking wing on an eclipse WITHOUT a bodykit. The Blitz rear and the turbo wing dont mix. And he has the blitz rear.
Oh and by the way, if an eclipse revs by me with the turbo wing and i dont hear a BOV it makes me wanna puke. I do however agree with you on the fact that money should go into performance instead of bodykit. Wish i would've started that way. :wallbash
84207, RE: removed the wing
Posted by lrseclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the one on top looks ok , better than that park bench :) the wing pictured on top they make in carbon fiber too hehe... importfan.com
84208, RE: removed the wing
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wingless!!! god that would be sexy. :thumbsup
84210, RE: removed the wing
Posted by DarkTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
go for spoiler on that spyder... or find a commando spoiler...
84213, RE: removed the wing
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkTalon
go for spoiler on that spyder... or find a commando spoiler...

ditto. commando wing goes good with kit :thumbsup
84214, RE: removed the wing
What do you mean you disagree with me on the bodykit...I said it WAS shit..not THE shit.Meaning i dont like it. And the turbo wing is a GREAT looking wing on an eclipse WITHOUT a bodykit. The Blitz rear and the turbo wing dont mix. And he has the blitz rear. Oh and by the way, if an eclipse revs by me with the turbo wing and i dont hear a BOV it makes me wanna puke. I do however agree with you on the fact that money should go into performance instead of bodykit. Wish i would've started that way. :wallbash

ehh i was just commenting on how i think body kits are pointless and a waste of money thats all. but i really dig the turbo wing. thats the only exterior mod i was thinking of doing, but i think it would ruin the effect the low wing will have when im turbo.... some dude on the side of the road ... "wait a minute, 97-99 body + BOV + low wing = ... whhhaaaaa???" :P

but got nx, do what you want. dont change what you like because some jags off a website dont like it. just do what you think looks best. i personnally think it looks fine the way it is.
84215, RE: removed the wing
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dude, I agree with the wing nedding to go. But I hope you didn't do it because other people influenced you. Do what YOU want to YOUR car. Fuck what other people think. They don't have to drive it. But if YOU wanted to, then good choice IMO.
84219, RE: removed the wing
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

this guy knows what he's talkin bout
turbo wings kill kitted cars... even ryan hes's car
84220, RE: removed the wing
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Originally posted by CustomGS Fuckin turbo wing DOES NOT look good with a body kit. Specially the straight lines of the blitz rear and sides. Go with a lip wing, as you were saying,or wingless. And by the way, The lip wing on the above eclipse is not bad at all, but the bodykit is shit.
this guy knows what he's talkin bout turbo wings kill kitted cars... even ryan hes's car

Originally posted by MCubed45
ditto. commando wing goes good with kit :thumbsup

quoting yourself is gay
84229, RE: removed the wing
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CustomGS Fuckin turbo wing DOES NOT look good with a body kit. Specially the straight lines of the blitz rear and sides. Go with a lip wing, as you were saying,or wingless. And by the way, The lip wing on the above eclipse is not bad at all, but the bodykit is shit.
this guy knows what he's talkin bout turbo wings kill kitted cars... even ryan hes's car
Originally posted by MCubed45 ditto. commando wing goes good with kit :thumbsup
quoting yourself is gay

WTF?
84242, RE: removed the wing
quoting yourself is gay
WTF?

ya im real confused too... :shrug
84433, RE: removed the wing

Thank you Bumpin & MCubed. Speaking of wingless, i just shaved my deck lid. Welded everything, its in primer now. Getting sprayed monday morning along with drift front end.

84434, RE: removed the wing
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I like wingless and the WW Wing!
84435, RE: removed the wing
Posted by THEBALLIN1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i say save the 300 bucks (plus paint) for some wing that ull be taking off in a year anyways, because ull get sick of it, and use that money for some nice brake rotors and SS lines or something like that. No wing looks better than a wing IMO (unless its OEM).
^^ just my opinion

woRD

-EE
84444, RE: removed the wing
Posted by Shockeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Turbo/no wing, wingless 2gs are sexy
I generated this page in 0.013150930404663 seconds, executing 7 queries.