Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectinterior paint
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=78347
78347, interior paint
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
can anyone lead me to a site to buy some great interior paint. i want to transform my interior to all black, but want it to look just like the stock pieces. I bought the middle console from the dealer in black, and it gets pretty expensive, so anyways, i want a paint that will match the stock black of my console. tia
78352, RE: interior paint
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Don't bother with anything out there. I have tried alot and none has held up as well as Testors Model Paint. It was intended for plastic and it works great. You can buy it in a spray can at Wal-Mart or any hobby store.. I used a flat black and used some back to black to bring out the glossy-ness. If you use their gloss black it will look like shit. You can also clear coat it if you would like but let the paint cure for 24 hours before you clear it. I'll see if I can get some pics when I get home, but it looks stock I did it on my trunk and underside of my dash only other parts of my car that were gray.. fortunatley I did'nt have the gray dash or door skins.
78368, RE: interior paint
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah, get some pics if you can.
78369, RE: interior paint
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah don't bother with Fusion...that shit sucks ass. Didn't last on my car for a year before it started flaking and peeling off.
78370, RE: interior paint
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
there is an OEM black colored trim paint available at autozone, i think krylon makes it...if you aren't retarded and take your time it comes out looking exactly like stock trim. I am in the process of doing the same. I don't use clear coat, and the paint holds up very well to abuse.

It is made for this type of application since it was produced to restore a new looking black color to old black trim...so do it...do it now.
78375, RE: interior paint
Posted by optimuspeterson, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used duplicolor vinyl and facric dye which is available at most autopart stores. If you prep the area good then you wont have a problem with flaking. But you have to understand that most paint is going to come off if feet/stuff keeps scraping away at the area. My car held up fine except some pieces in the trunk because i don't think i preped it well enough. here are pics. The entire on this car was completly grey before

heres the link to many more pics.
78378, RE: interior paint
Posted by destruckeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BuckNutty
there is an OEM black colored trim paint available at autozone, i think krylon makes it...if you aren't retarded and take your time it comes out looking exactly like stock trim. I am in the process of doing the same. I don't use clear coat, and the paint holds up very well to abuse. It is made for this type of application since it was produced to restore a new looking black color to old black trim...so do it...do it now.

I used the same and it looks awesome. Better then that stock blue for sure. Optimus's looks great also so I think either will do good, just prep it right! I learned the hard way.
78386, RE: interior paint
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by destruckeclipse
Originally posted by BuckNutty there is an OEM black colored trim paint available at autozone, i think krylon makes it...if you aren't retarded and take your time it comes out looking exactly like stock trim. I am in the process of doing the same. I don't use clear coat, and the paint holds up very well to abuse. It is made for this type of application since it was produced to restore a new looking black color to old black trim...so do it...do it now.
I used the same and it looks awesome. Better then that stock blue for sure. Optimus's looks great also so I think either will do good, just prep it right! I learned the hard way.

yea I agree with ya both.....still holding strong and no marks except for stupidity on my part and not being careful on how stuf enters the car.pics if you need proof
78388, RE: interior paint
Posted by 95greenhrcgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used "SEM vinyl dye" in an aerosol can. Google it, this stuff worked GREAT!!!
78478, RE: interior paint
Posted by Chef_clipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Don't bother with anything out there. I have tried alot and none has held up as well as Testors Model Paint. It was intended for plastic and it works great. You can buy it in a spray can at Wal-Mart or any hobby store.. I used a flat black and used some back to black to bring out the glossy-ness. If you use their gloss black it will look like shit. You can also clear coat it if you would like but let the paint cure for 24 hours before you clear it. I'll see if I can get some pics when I get home, but it looks stock I did it on my trunk and underside of my dash only other parts of my car that were gray.. fortunatley I did'nt have the gray dash or door skins.

where do you get the back to black. I have never heard of that
78556, RE: interior paint
Posted by THEBALLIN1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
back to black is a MEGUIAR'S product (the line of products is easy to spot, its always in a red container) check out an Autozone, NOPI, Advance Auto Parts, Murray's, etc

-EE
78557, RE: interior paint
Posted by ToTaLEkLyPz99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
get that shit done at a body shop with car paint they can sand it smooth and paint it and clear it..it looks awsome!!
78560, RE: interior paint
Posted by Chef_clipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
-back to black is a MEGUIAR'S product (the line of products is easy to spot, its always in a red container) check out an Autozone, NOPI, Advance Auto Parts, Murray's, etc

-EE

Thanks for the help I will have to check that out.

-get that shit done at a body shop with car paint they can sand it smooth and paint it and clear it..it looks awsome!!

Thats got to be spendy i would rather do it myself and spend the money on other mods.
I generated this page in 0.012047052383423 seconds, executing 7 queries.