Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectshould i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=76561
76561, should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by oRACLe063, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Poll question: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?

Poll result (9 votes)
yes it will look sexy and chicks will dig it (6 votes)Vote
no (1 votes)Vote
cheese is the nectar of the gods (2 votes)Vote

76564, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by insiderGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I say go for it. Are you talking about the tinting spray? If so, here's a pic of mine. This is of course a 95 bumper...

76565, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by oRACLe063, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks good man i think i will be doing it .. have the 97 bumper and my friend said painting it will make the ass of the car look bigger ... i dont think so
76567, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i vote for yes cause i think it looks damn sexy and i will be doing it as well. here is a pic of djtricktree's car to give you an idea of just how damn good it looks.

76568, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by scothern, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Goddamn that is one sexy ass.

:love
76667, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by chick_clipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by insiderGS
I say go for it. Are you talking about the tinting spray? If so, here's a pic of mine. This is of course a 95 bumper...

that looks sweet, i think i may do that to mine!! Did you just get the tint spray at like autozone or something?
76669, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Originally posted by chick_clipse
Originally posted by insiderGS I say go for it. Are you talking about the tinting spray? If so, here's a pic of mine. This is of course a 95 bumper...
that looks sweet, i think i may do that to mine!! Did you just get the tint spray at like autozone or something?

go to www.modernperformance.com and order the niteshades stuff. its about 8 bucks a pop.
76672, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Yea it runs around $8. I bought mine at the Carlisle car show last year.
76673, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Originally posted by insiderGS
Yea it runs around $8. I bought mine at the Carlisle car show last year.

how many cans did it take you and how many coats on each set of lights?
76689, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
manny has teh sexiest ass on 2GNT . pics of his car imFo
76699, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by hazardeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
do it man... ive been thinking of doing that to my car, too. the backup lights and the sidemarkers... not sure how it'd look on a white car, tho...
76700, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by kelvinb1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
your all getting ripped off. if you have ever heard of hobby lobby (maybe its something just local to nebraska people) its 4 bucks
76705, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by hazardeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kelvinb1
your all getting ripped off. if you have ever heard of hobby lobby (maybe its something just local to nebraska people) its 4 bucks

we have those in michigan, too... where is it at hobby lobby?
76702, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Originally posted by injendsm
Originally posted by insiderGS Yea it runs around $8. I bought mine at the Carlisle car show last year.
how many cans did it take you and how many coats on each set of lights?

I still have about half a can left...I used three light layers on the tails and backup lights. I went a little darker on the corners of the tails...
76718, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by invaznGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you do this on the OUTSIDE of the taillights right? you dont open them up and do it on the inside right? Also.. has anyone ever gotten tickets with them? I'd do it in a heart beat because it looks tight.. but i dont feel like getting more tickets.. i have enough tickets as it is. thanks
76736, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would like to say I felt like a fag going into Hobby Lobby yesterday and getting the big fat denied on the tint spray there.
76738, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
i was gonna go to a hobby store today to look for it, because it ends up costing like $20 after shipping and all if i buy it online. So am i gonna get denied too?
76739, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
i was gonna go to a hobby store today to look for it, because it ends up costing like $20 after shipping and all if i buy it online. So am i gonna get denied too?

how the hell is it 20 bucks after shipping? 12 bucks to ship somethin that weighs a pound at the most is a little extreme.
76742, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Originally posted by chick_clipse i was gonna go to a hobby store today to look for it, because it ends up costing like $20 after shipping and all if i buy it online. So am i gonna get denied too?
how the hell is it 20 bucks after shipping? 12 bucks to ship somethin that weighs a pound at the most is a little extreme.

well i was a dumbass and couldn't find it on that website you posted, but i looked at a few others and it was atleast $20 after shipping. I don't understand either. How much is it on the site you posted after shipping? I searched for a while and i couldn't find it on there, maybe i'm just retarded :)
76743, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Originally posted by chick_clipse i was gonna go to a hobby store today to look for it, because it ends up costing like $20 after shipping and all if i buy it online. So am i gonna get denied too?
well i was a dumbass and couldn't find it on that website you posted, but i looked at a few others and it was atleast $20 after shipping. I don't understand either. How much is it on the site you posted after shipping? I searched for a while and i couldn't find it on there, maybe i'm just retarded :)

http://modernperformance.com/dcx/oneclipse.shtml

click that link and scroll down. its near the bottom. its actually 9 bucks now and 5 bucks to ship.
76744, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
EDIT:see above^^^^^^^ 9 bucks is chaep as hell nice find injen

http://www.2kracing.com/product_info.php/cPath/34/products_id/3697?osCsid=e49d78da3da52e0e82cc98651b72234f and its free shipping...I've ordered there before twice actually and there good to buy from IMO
76740, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Originally posted by invaznGST
you do this on the OUTSIDE of the taillights right? you dont open them up and do it on the inside right? Also.. has anyone ever gotten tickets with them? I'd do it in a heart beat because it looks tight.. but i dont feel like getting more tickets.. i have enough tickets as it is. thanks

id like to know that too. i really want to tint my tails soon but im not sure if you are supposed to tint the outside of the lights or the inside. you probably have to take them off to do it regardless tho right?
76741, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A nice write up on it here
http://www.ukcars.com/styling/lightTinting/index.php
76803, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
i just did it to my taillights earlier today. $4

76811, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
yours looks badass. do you have to take the lights off to tint them?
76812, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lets see some silver cars!
76821, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
yours looks badass. do you have to take the lights off to tint them?

yeah
76834, RE: should i use lens spray on my back up lights ?
Originally posted by invaznGST
Originally posted by injendsm yours looks badass. do you have to take the lights off to tint them?
yeah

damn thought so. hmm, thanks for the answer tho.
I generated this page in 0.033797025680542 seconds, executing 9 queries.