Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectdoors making noise
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=76043
76043, doors making noise
Posted by candyeclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have done a search on this and came up with nothing. I am trying to make my doors not make that annoying rattling sound when you close them. It sounds like everything behind the door panel is ratteling. does anyone know how to make them quieter when you close them. Also the door panel itsself makes alot of noise because of all the parts rubbing together. I tried to tighten everything down, but that didn't work. Pretty much I am trying to make all the rattles and noise go away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
76044, RE: doors making noise
Posted by mrj82, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You could have loose change behind your door panel, I usually do.

Originally posted by Uberingram
I will burn you for not searching...then the stabbing.

I got the sonic if you got the boom.
76047, RE: doors making noise
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.dsmtalk.com/showarticle.php?s=dfaf08bd0563159feeb94865d4e8f572&threadid=90915

its the windows. to eleminate the "cheap" feel of the door panel, pull it (outlined in the above link) and add some sound damping material (dynamat, brownbread, etc...) to the backside of the panel and the spaces where the panel contacts the metal door frame.
76061, RE: doors making noise
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
to the backside of the panel and the spaces where the panel contacts the metal door frame.

thats what i did; door closes solid now.

76082, RE: doors making noise
Posted by 99GSBBTurbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My passanger side door is fine, no creeks and very little rattle.... almost like new... my driver door has it all, but not tooooo bad... will do that this weekend... thanks for the info!
I generated this page in 0.01076602935791 seconds, executing 7 queries.