Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectBody work guys, get in here now!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=75047
75047, Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Aight heres the deal fella's ... the quwheels 12 piece wide body kit is on its way to my house! i am installing it myself because i am good with fitting fiberglass but heres the big question. I am using my oem front and rear urethane bumpers since thats whats recomended to use. Now, I am planning to mold everything to the panels and bumpers but what the hell should i use to mold everything? people said to use either fglass resin or metal filler but i dont think thats gonna work right. i need something to use on the bumpers that will bond to the urethane and not crack out when it flex's if it does flex. i am planning on just using pop rivets for godd strength to hold all the pieces in place then mold over top of the rivets. anyone have any advice on what i should to bond to the metal quarter panels and fenders and front and rear bumpers?! please help peeps! thanks in advance~
75048, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by silvereclipse30, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
superglue???
75050, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by farmdogg55, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I had my rear 1/4 skirts(fibreglass) molded into my stock rear and I am pretty sure they didnt use anything special, just what they normally would to mold it to metal. I have no spiderwebbing or cracking or anything and its been there for a over a year. I even hit a curb one time and took a little chunk out of the fiberglass piece, but it didnt effect the bond one bit. Dont know if this helps or not, but good luck with the kit!
75052, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
blending fiberglass to metal is not a hard thing, but you risk stress cracks at every moment you drive. a few tips:

1) drill several small holes in the metal (or urithane) at the bonding point. apply glass overlay to both the front and back sides. this will "glass rivet" it into place.

2) use a bonding adhesive on any areas of overlap.

http://www.lordcorp.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=420

this will keep strain off of the glassed over areas. use the bonding agent to secure the new pieces into place, and then glass over the top.

3) CLEAN EVERYTHING. grease and oils (from the skin or other sources) is the worst possible thing to have trapped between two bonding surfaces. scuff up all surfaces to which glass is being applied in a random fashion. remember...prep work is what makes it last.
75053, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by berightback, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
when they installed the rear quarter skirts on my ex-girlfriends probe they used some sort of cocking material to fill the seams, and then molded over it with fiber glass...
I don't know if that helps
75055, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
okay so is this what i should do ....
after i line the piece up and mark it, put like some fiberglass gel (so it doesnt run like resin) on the back of the piece and stick it to body or bumper. then drill small holes and use pop rivets to hold them in place better. then after all that dries and what not, apply a thin layer of fiberglass resin across the seems, let it dry, then a small line of glue over that and sand it real smooth, then BAM, prime the biatch and paint it! sound good or correct me in any way please.
75056, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by Kaoz78, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No man you got it a little off. Line up the kit and drill holes for your rivets. Take it back off, this will give you something to line it back up with. Then I would say use something like liquid nails on the surfaces that will touch. Kinda like glueing it to the metal. Put it back on and pop in your pop rivets. This will now have the two joined so they won't move. Then drill holes in the bumper and the peice you are molding to it along the seam they make.

Would look something like this:

O O O O O O O O O
------------------------
O O O O O O O O O

Now when you put the resin on it will seep into these holes and have something to grab on to instead of just making it look smooth. Then sand, sand, sand and sand some more. When you think you are done sanding, hit it with a little primer to show the low spots. Add some filler and sand, sand, sand, and sand some more.
75060, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by 95GSEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
12 body kit will look cool with the integra decah homemade lambo hinges u make
75061, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
^^^^ LOL!!!!
75063, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 95GSEclipse
12 body kit will look cool with the integra decah homemade lambo hinges u make

and will look awesome with that ricer cheeze dick fake BOV of his, which just SCREAMS, i have a small dick!
75064, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
actually i am using the decah civic hinges on my car right now so thank you and my bov is pretty damn loud and isnt fake goofball. thanks for the comments though, i appreciate them.
75065, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by scothern, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
actually i am using the decah civic hinges on my car right now so thank you and my bov is pretty damn loud and isnt fake goofball. thanks for the comments though, i appreciate them.

At least he finally admits they are a FAKE
75067, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Loser..... now go away.... :thumbsdown
75072, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
ok heres what im thinking im going to do now thanks from all your guys replies ... line up the piece and trace a line around it where its going to get put on and drill holes thru the fiberglas into the metal or bumper to use pop rivets. use either some kind of metal epoxy or liquid nails on the back of the piece, stick it to the panel or bumper then insert the pop rivets so it stays in place. this way it will stay on for sure using the backing and the rivets. then im going to fill the seem lines with a type of glue from that website that spl provided above, then after that go over top of that with either some duraglass or fiberglass gel. i heard duraglass is a nice strong body filler and the fglass gel doesnt run like regular resin. or should i do the duraglass or gel first then use the glue over that? i thoght i should do the glue first cuz then i could go over top of that with the filler or gel and sand it real smooth into the panel and piece. what you guys think of that ??!!
75075, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRSTactually i am using the decah civic hinges on my car right now so thank you and my bov is pretty damn loud and isnt fake goofball. thanks for the comments though, i appreciate them.

GOOFBALL????? what are you 16yo virgin momma's boy?

one question you looser douche bag: DO YOU HAVE A TURBO ON YOUR CAR RIGHT NOW?????

YES or NO?

since you asked about putting a BOV on your car and powering it with...whatever stupid idea you had... instead of a real turbo, im gonna say NO!!!!!
so given that, YOU HAVE A FAKE BOV!!!!!!!!!!

now, read the next part carefuly:

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR BROKE ASS TRAILER PARK HOOPTIE! NOW TAKE YOUR DUMB-ASS BODY KIT AND YOUR IDIOTIC "I WANNA FAKE BOV FOR MY NON-TURBO CAR" AND YOUR "CAN THE 420A BLOCK BE BORED .020 OVER" QUESTIONS AND SHOVE THEM UP YOUR STUPID WHITE TRASH POOP CHUTE!
You are nothing more than the cum stain in the bottom of a crack whores crusty, unwashed, panties!
75076, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
^^^ LOL!!!

bow down again!!

:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :love
75077, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by ToTaLEkLyPz99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
he lied about the hinges so he is prolly lying about the body kit so dont waste your time giving him any advice..
75079, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
i never lied about anything, we attempted to make the hinges and like i said in that post we didnt succeed ... we made like 10 diff ones trying to cop off a decah hinge but they didnt work. i admitted it, damn get over it fuckers. hey im happy i got into a whores panties, works me! yes i have a stage 2 kit in my car with a real bov. where are you getting the whoel fake bov thing by the way!?!?! you guys dont phase me at all by your retarded sayings and getting me to leave and what not, im hear to stay for good. also, just for your info, i am 17 not 16 and no i dont live with my mom, i live with my grandma because my mom died when i was 2. thanks for the tremendous support tho fella's! :)
75081, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
why dont you just admit the truth... you dont even own a 2g... probably dont even own a car! try this website for future questions.
www.kidswithoutcarswhoridebikes.com

or

http://www.huffy.com/

They might be able to help you out more.
75082, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
aaahhhhh shit! your not the ass-hat with the fake BOV! Fuck!!! My bad, sorry dude...

your still a chode for the hinges fiasco, but not as big of one as the TRUE choad with the BOV. sorry i got you mixed up...long week.

>>>>>removes eclipse982nrRST from top of "fuck-with" list and slowly backs away hoping no one saw him<<<<<<<<

djtrikee - carry on....
75087, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by Geelo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey, instead of busting this kids balls. Why don't you just answer the question so someone else who is insterested in the topic can get an answer.

Use an aircraft or marine grade adhesive, or double face tape and rivets, you can blend it in with bondo.

This kid probaly doesn't have anything he says he does, but he just wants attention. We all know he's a asstard chinaberry, but why give him the attention his boyfriend wont?
75088, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Fuck it man. Pretend it's him anyway. This shit is getting funny in here.

Hey man, I just remembered........What the fuck does my intake look like now? Does it have holes in it?
75096, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Man why don't you just do it like I said? I mean the last way you said you were gonna do it was basically just as I had told you just re-worded. Sorry I just kinda feel like that last reply about "how you had decided to do it" was exactly how I said to do it. Basically instead of posting making it seem like you came up with it give me my props. LOL
75119, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
i do give you props! thanks!
75130, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
christ. what shit fest this turned out to be.

to anyone who gives a damn, at least we have some searchable info for future questions. it really doesnt matter if he has a kit (or a car for that matter)...this is a viable subject. i dont give a fuck what kind of n00b hunt you all are on, i just dont want MY valuable fucking information beng askewed by bullshit and rhetoric. as far as im concerned, every thread should be taken on its own basis. this one is GOOD. dont be dicks and bring up other shit for no fucking reason. e-hurt = e-gay.

sorry for my tired half drunken monologue.
75163, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
thanks spl, you da man! props to ya ...
75164, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!

SPL- People that really want to learn from this thread can easily skip over this taint-lickers posts. Its no biggie!
75165, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
dj you are such a fag ... if you dont care about my posts, why the fuck do you read them you fuckin cock. seriously, god damnit, you complain soo much about, THEN DONT READ THEM NUMB NUTS! jesus, get over youself. big deal, i couldnt make hinges, i tried and didnt succeed, did you act like a complete tard fucker to everyone who fails at doing things!?!?! jesus god, like for real homie.
75168, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
jesus god, like for real homie.

NOW THAT^^ is fucking hilarious. jesus god, like for real hilarious.
75171, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
dj you are such a fag ... if you dont care about my posts, why the fuck do you read them you fuckin cock. seriously, god damnit, you complain soo much about, THEN DONT READ THEM NUMB NUTS! jesus, get over youself. big deal, i couldnt make hinges, i tried and didnt succeed, did you act like a complete tard fucker to everyone who fails at doing things!?!?! jesus god, like for real homie.

75182, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by Exiled, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
See the reason he reads your post is prolly to crack up I know I get my barrel of laughs out everytime you post something and then get B*tch slaped for its hilarious now I just love reading these forums to see if they do talk trash to you. But face it you brought upon yourself with all the bs you talked one thing you gota learn kid is the truth always comes out and in this case you fucked yourself over on those pics so the support you once had backwased in the toilet :) hope this helps you understand on why your always gonna be considered and I quote other ppl not my view "fuck tard" and never be left alone sorry dude you reaping the beniftis of your lambe hinges
75186, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
i told the dude who posted the decah pics of the hinges that they WERE civic decah hinges that we pulled from a civic in a fucking junk yard. i dont know why everyone freaked out when i specifically told him, wtf ..... anyway, anyone can reap on me all they want, i admitted to trying to copy a decah hinge, oh shit, thats such a big deal. i tried something a failed, whoopie jigga man! fuckin a for crying out loud.
75187, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
i told the dude who posted the decah pics of the hinges that they WERE civic decah hinges that we pulled from a civic in a fucking junk yard. i dont know why everyone freaked out when i specifically told him, wtf ..... anyway, anyone can reap on me all they want, i admitted to trying to copy a decah hinge, oh shit, thats such a big deal. i tried something a failed, whoopie jigga man! fuckin a for crying out loud.

how about you just go away. Maybe come back after you grow up, in say... 15 years. You got nothing here man, nothing, fuckin a for crying out loud.

hahahahahaha
75189, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
WE AINT GOIN NO WHERE BIAAAAAAAATCH !!!!!!!!!!! WHY DONT YOU JUST MOVE ON TO ANOTHER POST HOMIE !!
75193, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
well I got the first pics from you that i hosted. It was a decah hinge and you NEVER told me it was one. In the email you sent you said it was one you had made from scratch and what about the 6 sets of shocks you were gettin from decah. I talked to decah to see about gettin a set since they were small and strong for a stereo project i have goin on. They told me they wouldnt sell them outside the kit. Then i told the guy there was someone that said they ordered 6 sets and all he said is he didnt order them from us. Their shocks are specially made for them.

So blah blah blah... argue with us all you want no ones gonna believe you. You lied in a highly viewed thread you started and pretty much got busted and fucked yourself. Your best bet is to either suck it up and take the shit your gettin or move along.
75203, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
WE AINT GOIN NO WHERE BIAAAAAAAATCH !!!!!!!!!!! WHY DONT YOU JUST MOVE ON TO ANOTHER POST HOMIE !!

who's "we"? you got a mouse in your pocket? or is that your other personality, the"Jesse James style master hinge fabricator" coming out?

dude, face it ! you are nothing but a joke to this community. you can talk till your blue in the face but as long as you post on this board, there are those of us who will call you out each and everytime for the laughable shit-pile that you are.

and all you "tough" white boy, B-rad from da hood slang is only making you that much more fucking hilarious.

Your marked, ass-clown. pure and simple. you will never have credibility on this board.
75208, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
^^^ Bow down again! the king hath returneth to the posteth.

:bowdown
75224, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
The Shiteth hath hitteth the fan in hur.
LOL
75281, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
ohhhhh snaaaaaaap
75284, RE: Body work guys, get in here now!
Posted by 1998EclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
thanks spl, you da man! props to ya ...

Give the kid a break....
I generated this page in 0.011107921600342 seconds, executing 7 queries.