Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectGuaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=67479
67479, Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by Shockeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok we are going to start desiging them and get our prototypes built. Just want to get an idea on who would be interested in buying these for 500 bucks. Kits will be complete bolt on with detailed writen directions (with color pictures) Probably also post a video link to doing the install. So who is interested? Make me a list people :)
67483, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
I thought people were saying they were interested. We are willing to do this but we need to get some kind of an idea on whether or not it would be worth it.
67484, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Shockeclipse
I thought people were saying they were interested. We are willing to do this but we need to get some kind of an idea on whether or not it would be worth it.

I am interested and would fork over the moolah once I could see the finished product in action. For sure.
If you could actually produce these I think they would sell like crazy.

I sure hope you follow through on this and dont let it slip away like so many other "thread" ideas around here.
67486, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
design it, build it, test it A LOT, and fix all the bugs, then market it!!

i say no more "if the interest is there, THEN we design and build" deals. Not that you cant do it or wont do it and do it right, but i say get the product out first then sell it!

No more Chill fatory regulators, AFX computers, sheetmetal intakes, Custom downpipes and all the other shit that failed to manifest or didn't live up to the "pre-build" hype! Give us something that is for our cars (NOT NEONS), that works each and every time, and do it for a reasonable price, and you will sell it!!!!!

having said all that i would be interested once its done!
67485, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by DarkTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if i can get the money, i'm in..but first I do want more info...like what kind of shocks and stuff for 'em....
67490, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I"ll buy if it's proven.
67496, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
yes, were not trying to get money and then make them or any of that
We are going to make them and then either put them on my car and test them out (thouroughly) or find someone in the area that wants to test them. I would not feel right if I did this and ended up selling you guys shit. If we're going to do this we're going to do it right. But I was just curious. We'll prolly do it either way but I wanted to see if I should get REALLY motivated about it you know.
67499, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by nightwolf2369, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i might be interested if you build it correctly and it works good, sure for $500
67501, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Definitely interested for $500.

1/4 Mile: 17.4651 | 1/4 MPH: 76.69 @ 7,000 ft
www.geocities.com/rockyourworld182/
forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=13280&mesg_id=13280&page=
Current Status: HVAC Sent in
67502, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by TwinDragons, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
DEFINTELY interested .... but just like everyone else said, you're gonna have to prove that they work just as well as the 1600.00 ones. i'm hating the thought of paying 1600 or so for them so 500 is a blessing if everything works out.
67508, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
well I am hoping that if it does take us a while, we will probably have them out by the shootout so anyone there can see them on my car, ask questions etc.
67510, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by coppereclipse95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
interested!
67511, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by importxs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For 500 bucks, hell yeah I'm in, have it on my current car but I'll put it on my other Eclipse. Good Luck.
67512, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
doesn't seem like to long ago somebody did this exact same thread :P But yeah...for 500 bones I'd rock'em. As long as my door don't fall off and there's no major modifactions required...like triming and rolling the fender or door. And if you could make it open OEM style too that would be pimp.
67517, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DSMRoadster
I"ll buy if it's proven.

exactly

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

"Mommy financed...Mommy certified"

Check Out My Site For Pix
http://home.comcast.net/~eclipseracer/Page/Home.htm

*Done with Project: Low Comp. Rebuild. Now I have a major oil leak by my rear main seal =(*
67537, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by Collente, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
~$500 I'm in, im sick of f*ckin waiting for nothing to happen. Why re-invent the wheel? Why not do just get the design from somone with a kit already. Take it to your machine shop and get to work...

Just my opinion.
Nick
97RS

turbo8u> shut your SUCK
ZAO684: NIPPLE warning...maybe>?
turbo8u> yea i was a window licker on the short bus in junior high
67540, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
$500 ill probably buy eventually. if you got them down to $300 ill buy asap. ill even put a sticker on my car and publically advertise your company
67572, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DSMRoadster
I"ll buy if it's proven.

me too
67538, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by hunntyr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got the $500 now if you were going to have it ready and working. Same concerns as everyone else though...I dont want to be going the street and all of a sudden there is street debris that used to be my doors.
67551, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Well I had asked someone to give me some pictures of their kit but I only got the ones posted in that other post about this. So if someone wants to get me some good high res pics of the kit at all different angles and everything that would help. Otherwise its going to be a few trial and error tries til we get it right. And I will have it on my car and my roomates for a long time (beating them up somewhat) before we start selling them.
67562, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by 95GSEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im very interested...im in
67571, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
heres enough resources to get going, now build me some hinges!!!!

http://www.customautotrim.com/bodykits/lambo-doors/lambo-installation.pdf
http://www.lambolounge.com/Body/Door/hinge/body-door-hinge.asp
http://www.lambolounge.com/Building_Notes/Door-wings/Door-Wings.asp
http://www.iserv.net/%7Estrdream/hinges_production.html
67585, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by farmdogg55, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
d'oh! competition! i am talking to a couple people and some engineers at work and we are gonna get started on my red car soon as its nice enough out.
67603, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mark me down for a pair, most definately. $500 for a pimp ass mod is well worth it IMO. Keep us posted :thumbsup
67605, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
I really think if I were going to do this I would invest in a little capital first....buy a set that's tried and true and see exactly what's going on. I don't think that is something you can do just by looking at some pics. And you could take measurements. Plus you could get the manufacture and the part #'s off the shocks they used....that would take a lot of guess work out of it, by either buying those exact shocks or a comparable pair. I'm not saying to make a direct copy of them...but rather just get an idea of the basic size and function of each part. You can do it I'm sure...but I don't think a 1500 dollar investment on a project like this is out of line. Just my 2cents.
67624, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by silvreclipsers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm down for buying the final product :thumbsup
67626, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36475&item=2461451634
Here are some pics of the hindges...i was starting to think about buying these dunno thats alot....
67628, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by silvreclipsers
I'm down for buying the final product :thumbsup

DITTO!!

I'm in
67629, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Originally posted by micyek
I really think if I were going to do this I would invest in a little capital first....buy a set that's tried and true and see exactly what's going on. I don't think that is something you can do just by looking at some pics. And you could take measurements. Plus you could get the manufacture and the part #'s off the shocks they used....that would take a lot of guess work out of it, by either buying those exact shocks or a comparable pair. I'm not saying to make a direct copy of them...but rather just get an idea of the basic size and function of each part. You can do it I'm sure...but I don't think a 1500 dollar investment on a project like this is out of line. Just my 2cents.

That is not out of the question, but we are pretty confident that we can get it done without the hinges sitting in front of us. We have the time, place, car, and equipment to get it done right.
67630, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by GorkoRacing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll buy
67632, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
cool...well I can't wait to see what you come up with...seeing that I'll probably never be able to afford a lamborgini this'll be the next best thing :+
67633, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
If this all works out we'll probably get into doing hatch hing conversions...and hood ones or something.
67645, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by ToTaLEkLyPz99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i cant wait to get my hinges that is the pimpest conversions off all..:thumbsup
67653, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
you have to make these hindges....quick...everyone wants them....I cant stop reading this page....dont let us down. I call DIBS on the one of the first production sets.
67656, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by My9t5Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Shockeclipse
If this all works out we'll probably get into doing hatch hing conversions...and hood ones or something.

that would be sweet...so that the hatch opens on the side instead of at the top!...now that would be pimp!
67660, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
we were just discussing how sweet it would be to make the hatch slide up and be just over the top of the car
67661, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dude, that would be major kick ass!

1/4 Mile: 17.4651 | 1/4 MPH: 76.69 @ 7,000 ft
www.geocities.com/rockyourworld182/
forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=13280&mesg_id=13280&page=
Current Status: HVAC Sent in
67662, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thank you for taking my idea and running with it. I'm so glad someone out there with the ability is going to finally compete with these $1600 ones.

Now, I will say this. You can use their pics to get an idea of what to do, but don't make your hinges and stuff exactly like the ones from Decah or you'll get sued for patent infringement.

Seriously though, sell them here for $500, $300 if you're feeling generous, and then put them on ebay for $1000. You'll make a shitload of money off ebay, and give us a nice discount :thumbsup

Oh, and I'll buy some right after I get rims.
67663, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by optikal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hatch hinges huh? ;)

interesting.....

i'll show you how we did that conversion on my car....
67668, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by Dryx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Shit, when y'all get done with em and they kick-ass I'll buy some
67759, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
I want these...I have ADHD. your going to have to update us as to what is going on....i want lambo doors....how long you think till we might be seeing a prototype? (bump)
67798, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by Spike50002, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
for that price count me in.
67801, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Originally posted by 95GSEclipse
I want these...I have ADHD. your going to have to update us as to what is going on....i want lambo doors....how long you think till we might be seeing a prototype? (bump)

Were thinking by the end of March at the LATEST. But they won't go on sale until we test them for a while. We don't want to be selling crap to people.
67820, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
ok guys....lets start a list (like he said in the first message)
1.95GSEclipse (MitsuEclipse95GS@yahoo.com)
67860, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
(bump) come people lets get some other mans in this list to get this setup going...I want Lambo doors that are gunna cost as much as the parts for an upper end rebuild....would rather play the price of a nitrous kit....
67868, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Naw man don't worry about the list. Reading through the posts are enough to guage the interest in these. We will be doing them either way it seems. We have a mechanical engineer working with us too on them (my girls father :) ) So I dunno, just keep and eye out. My partner told me he wants to have a working prototype by the end of this month.
67870, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by farmdogg55, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well if you have one out by the end of the month then you will beat me. focker! hell i dont even care if i only make a set for myself...thats my main motivation.
67883, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Originally posted by farmdogg55
well if you have one out by the end of the month then you will beat me. focker! hell i dont even care if i only make a set for myself...thats my main motivation.

Yeah thats the way I figure. If we don't end up selling them then I always have a cool relatively cheap mod I did myself.
67891, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well....i absolutely, definately want a set once you start selling them. I am also sure taht i could sell AT LEAST 3 more sets for you. That is, if they are decent quality n all that jazz.
67892, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by 98redtalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'd be interested in a good working final product as well.
67894, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Alot of poeple are interested. If someone is able to make a pair of hindges that are a good quality and proven design for about 500 dollars they will be able to make a killing....and if you dont mass produce them then send directions so we can make them for are selfs....
67934, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
send a prototype my way for 300 bucks and I'll help you sell them in the east coast. I have mucho 2g's at my college and where I live.
68015, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by Blitzclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hi:
I am interested........
Thanks,
68083, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by H82BLEGL, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
oooooo i'm in

TONY...

68084, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if someone can get me either a picture to scale or with some sorta of reference of scale, or even better send me one, I can do a CAD drawing of it exactly the same size it is and then change it up a little so its not an exact copy (since making an exact copy and then selling it would be illegal).
68250, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
(bump)...just wondering what up with these...
68383, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by scothern, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ditto
68391, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Ok, as is we have all of our prototype drawings done all on CAD. We Started working on our first one today. Its just coming along slow. We found some problems with our design but we seem to have fixed them all. Still shooting to have a prototype on my car or my partners by the end of this month.
68392, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is great news. Please keep us informed and put me at the top of the list when they are ready. I have cash available and would like to be able to give it to a board member who makes a good product than some schmoe who sells em at 3 times what they are worth!
68485, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by ajcfalcon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im very interested.
68598, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
COUNT ME IN.
As soon as that shit is out and tested with great quality, I will buy 3 sets off from you. 2 for me and one for my friend.

Just one suggestion, but prolly you know. but I prefer the door to open/slide directly upward instead of some of those modded honda civic which the door is open upward and sideways (looks bad)

also, when it open upward, will there be enough room to get out?

THanks man..
Just some suggestion..
Please keep us posted, I wnat that shit!
Gil
68625, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Originally posted by gilee_8
COUNT ME IN. As soon as that shit is out and tested with great quality, I will buy 3 sets off from you. 2 for me and one for my friend. Just one suggestion, but prolly you know. but I prefer the door to open/slide directly upward instead of some of those modded honda civic which the door is open upward and sideways (looks bad) also, when it open upward, will there be enough room to get out? THanks man.. Just some suggestion.. Please keep us posted, I wnat that shit! Gil

We are looking more into them opening more directly up, and only popping out just enough. We are still not sure about clearance issues as with getting in and out of the vehicle But as soon as we have our set on a car I will definately have lots of pics and a video. As far as testing and quality, I drive my car a lot and if we are going to be using my car, then they will be tested a shitload. I would really prefer a long test period before distribution because I don't want to sell anything I am not 100% sure that I would buy. But we will see.
68632, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
thta's sweet....
I will be waiting!
Thanks.
Gil
68860, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
just wondering if prototypes were made yet....free bump too
68896, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Originally posted by 95GSEclipse
just wondering if prototypes were made yet....free bump too

No sorry haven't had time to work on them lately. I don't know if any of you guys read my post in the pits about what happened to my one roomate, well he lost his eye basically, (got hit with a bottle) and I have been busy helping with all this crap and talking to people and working and my partner in this was too so. It is going to be a bit longer but I will keep you updated...also anyone know where I can get door specs? Like the weight (maximum of heaviest door...w/ power locks...window etc. ?)
68903, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you can try calling a body shop on that and they should be able to give you a close estimate considering they take doors off all the time.
68992, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by pimpingeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am interested in those doors. Could yo hook me up with them?
69054, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
He is still working on it!
Just remember.... 10 millions pics and video AS SOON AS you finished your prototype!! Can't wait!
Gil
69123, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by H82BLEGL, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What's da 411

TONY...

69160, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by hunntyr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Any new News???? I am still interested in these doors. Let me know.
69189, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Originally posted by hunntyr
Any new News???? I am still interested in these doors. Let me know.

check the other post.
69730, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Sup Shock..
Just wanna see if there are any updates to it?
I want it BAD man.
Gil
69744, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by nightwolf2369, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i am interested too, but i understand it takes time, keep us updated.
69754, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by 99GSBBTurbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm in..... if proven!!

Optikal.............. DUDE.. your car is CLEAN as #@&*%!! Keep up the good work!
69759, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by Matsumura80, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Fa shizzle.
69824, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
talked to my partner, he is still working on it. I thought for a second there I was going to have to find someone else. We still do not have anything to show you guys yet but we're still working on it.
69887, RE: Guaging Interest in lambo door kits.
Posted by TwinDragons, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well keep it up bro.... dont let us down.you guys really will have something sweet if you'll stick with it. and of course you know all of us here on the board are dying to see these babies in action, and pick up a pair of our own. keep the updates coming
I generated this page in 0.017097949981689 seconds, executing 7 queries.