Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectDecah Lambo doors...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=52843
52843, Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by Shockeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Anyone have this done or know someone/read anything about how easily they install?
52851, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by Twiste, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea...they never came out with a kit for our car and dont plan to. They say they are planning on it but I emailed them awhile back and they said they had no future plans for a kit for our cars.
52860, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by GorkoRacing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah decah decided not to make them (bastards) but autoloc has a "universal" kit out that i was thinking about and i also saw a kit on www.groupbuycenter.com for $1600. I really want this for my car too so lemme know if you have any luck.:thumbsup
52863, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by BlitzdEclipse99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
VLS...Vertical Lift System makes a kit for our cars. Their systems are better than DECAH's, they allow to open normal or lambo style. They are complete bolt-on and come in a 45 degree angle or 90 degree angle opening, the 90 makes you trim a little on the fenders, but nothing major. Their kits retail from $1200 to about $1500, or you can get a motorized system for about $1800. I can't remember the website, but search google for VLS Doors.

BTW: VLS specializes in only DSMs, they made the kit for the 3G in 2F2F. They kits are top-notch.
52869, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by optikal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I did a search for the "VLS" and it said IT wasn't out yet. Decah DOES have a kit for our cars. I e-mailed them, and the response I got pointed me to http://www.carexcess.com/decah.html where you can buy the Eclipse kit.
52888, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by Twiste, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow, thats weird...anyways, yea, they want $1800 just for their kit, id rather get the motorized one for $1800 :)
52896, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
autosportz.com...total comes to 1500 something for the decah.
52902, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by steve0677, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

is it me or does it looks like it would be impossible to get out of that car :wary
53420, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by keg killa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
has anyone found any motorized ones yet, because I watched the video on car excess of the 3g eclipse and that kit looks pretty chincy to me.

keg killa
99 eclipse
53422, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by GorkoRacing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
autoloc makes motorized ones but they are universal so fabrication would be in order im sure. I'm thinking about getting those decah ones tho.
53427, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by keg killa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anyone heard of motorized one made specifically for our cars?
53438, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by eklipsdrvr99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My boy has them on his RSX. Said they were really easy to install and didn't require any cutting. Hopefully mine will be going on next month.

Here's a pic of his car with them.
53557, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by NJRedBlitZ, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
thos lambos on the RSX is sweet but is it easy to get out of the car or is it not practical?

paul
53506, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by mrlocalpimp, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
"VLS specializes in only DSMs, they made the kit for the 3G in 2F2F"

You contradicted yourself quite well
53508, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by Nackers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What about suicide doors? Anyone got any pics of them on a Eclipse?
53564, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by Gregstoofast, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lol...i dunno if anyone has done it yet or not...but i'm goin to have suicide lambo doors...i'm gettin a evoVIII soon and will be parkin the eclipse to do all my body work and build the motor...as soon as i get done i'll post a pic :)

cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4 plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear mod,and shift kit

53568, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Actually I just ment suicide doors, but Lambo Sucicide doors... we may be on to something there:D. I may have to run that by the body guy:thumbsup.
53622, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by eklipsdrvr99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Anybody ever think of doing reverse suicide doors? I think those would look pretty good. :P
53776, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
>Anybody ever think of doing reverse suicide doors? I think
>those would look pretty good. :P

Uh... if you mean reverse of suicide doors then that is normal doors. I don't know if your tryin to be funny, but if your not, WTF are you talking about. I'm DEF. lost. BTW, I talked to the body guy about the suicide lambo doors and he said that technically it could be done, but it would be hellified $$$ and there is no way the car could ever go back to stock. I dunno, if someone has a strict show car then that would work for you.
53718, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

54040, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
yea...its goin to be just about all show...with a lil go(only about 450-500hp of go) and be drivin on the street about once a month

cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4 plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear mod,and shift kit

54066, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
Posted by widebodied, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what mods do you plan on doin to get it into the 4-500 hp range

DWAYNE H

www.gottude.com
Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
Lots of Apexi components...
54093, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
alot...if i told u i would have to kill ya man...but for one,lots of boost and the cry02 kits(intercooler sprayer and air intake bulb)i'll be pushin about 25-30 psi...on the howell 2.2 motor...lots of head work cams...i'm makin my own exhaust...everything from the titanium equal length turbo header/manifold,to the pipe goin to the dual titanium mufflers(full titanium exhaust)titanium intercooler pipes,big front mount intercooler,titanium air intake(goin into the turbo)...just to name a few things off the top of my head...and like i said this is goin to be a show car with "A LIL" go :P

noone try to copy me now...cas u dont know every part i'm gettin

54107, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
everything from the titanium equal length turbo
>header/manifold,to the pipe goin to the dual titanium
>mufflers(full titanium exhaust)titanium intercooler pipes,big
>front mount intercooler,titanium air intake(goin into the
>turbo)...just to name a few things off the top of my
>head...and like i said this is goin to be a show car with "A
>LIL" go :P
>
>noone try to copy me now...cas u dont know every part i'm
>gettin

im not dissin your idea or nothin but one, do you know how much titanium pipes run. youll be looking at 3000 alone in all those pipes fabricated. im around professional metal fabricators all day, so i know.

who would have a bender that can bend titanium in your area with crushing the pipe. titanium pipe requires precise bending, on the machines and accessories are expensive, and typically not used unless your in japan and u go to jic or somethin.

i will verify this today, but i think u cant even weld titanium, im pretty positive about this, so what is your exhaust manny gonna be jb welded? connected titanium pipes require to be slipped in clamped. but i might be wrong, but once again, who own earth in the u.s local shops and big shops for that matter, is gonna have titanium welder.and whats with all the titanium, its really not that great of a show finish.

this whole idea seems farfetched and unreasonable. just my .2cent, serioulsy, your prob looking at well over 4500-5000 dollars alone just for the pipes and fabrication, and it still wouldnt be reliable for a dd car.

and if you plan on a 25-30 psi's u better go all out on the fuel system, and i would upgrade the internals to billet internals, instead of whats given too u in the package.

DWAYNE H

www.gottude.com
54118, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
i said just to name a few...and dont worry i'll get it done :)...i'm doin it myself man...its goin to take a while but oh well...i'm goin to be differant...why is everyone always doubtin me and my ideas that i will make work???and as far as the daily driver..i said it will be drivin about once a month...if that...i'm goin to have the evo for the daily driver man...when i get done with my car and u see my plans didnt go through as planed then u can talk shit...but if they do and i smoke ya then u'll cry and try to talk shit anyway...then when we go to a show and i place better than u...once again u'll cry and try to talk shit...what do i already hear a baby cryin ???

54119, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
I was actually talking about getting custom suicide lambo doors but the body shop guy told me that it would be hell PITA to get in and out on account of the steering wheel being where you would get in...the doors would have to go way back in order for it to work
54123, RE: Decah Lambo doors...
>i said just to name a few...and dont worry i'll get it done
>:)...i'm doin it myself man...its goin to take a while but oh
>well...i'm goin to be differant...why is everyone always
>doubtin me and my ideas that i will make work???and as far as
>the daily driver..i said it will be drivin about once a
>month...if that...i'm goin to have the evo for the daily
>driver man...when i get done with my car and u see my plans
>didnt go through as planed then u can talk shit...but if they
>do and i smoke ya then u'll cry and try to talk shit
>anyway...then when we go to a show and i place better than
>u...once again u'll cry and try to talk shit...what do i
>already hear a baby cryin ???
>

um,u dont have to make a ass out of yourself, im not saying anything negative, im just stating facts.

as for show, i doubt ull ever be able to catch up from , and s for race, do you even know my setup?

well it is gonna take a while to save up for a titanium bender and titanium welder, if u had that much money, i doubt youd be driving a just about semi stock rs, and im not saying that in a neg way.

DWAYNE H

www.gottude.com
I generated this page in 0.011231899261475 seconds, executing 7 queries.