Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectTacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=50245
50245, Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by blinkbizkit500, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Tacoman deserves most of the credit as he designed most of it, i just touched it up to add my ideas. I forget who's car he used, but thank you for the image! lol...do you guys like it? It would be a bolt on so we don't have to replace the entire rear bumper. He would be the one creating the bumper in person, i have no idea how to do that. I think it looks great and he did a great job designing it. It would have a space between to add mesh (like i have done in the picture), or could be let alone. I know this would work with the 95-96 style but this is the only pic of a rear eclipse bumper we could find, so i don't know if the 97-99 styles would work since they are different. It might, but that would be up to Tacoman. Opinions/comments please? Thanks guys!!

steve

50260, RE: Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dude you dont know who that is? silver car liscense plate HADITB4U = 9D9MITSU
50266, RE: Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by 808dsmtuner, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Tacoman deserves most of the credit as he designed most of
>it, i just touched it up to add my ideas. I forget who's car
>he used, but thank you for the image! lol...do you guys like
>it? It would be a bolt on so we don't have to replace the
>entire rear bumper. He would be the one creating the bumper in
>person, i have no idea how to do that. I think it looks great
>and he did a great job designing it. It would have a space
>between to add mesh (like i have done in the picture), or
>could be let alone. I know this would work with the 95-96
>style but this is the only pic of a rear eclipse bumper we
>could find, so i don't know if the 97-99 styles would work
>since they are different. It might, but that would be up to
>Tacoman. Opinions/comments please? Thanks guys!!
>
>steve
>
>
>
>

looks just like the blitz imo its alright why dont you put some str diffusers on there i always liked those for some reason
50269, RE: Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Since you want opinions..........I does look like the Blitz. I also like the reverse lights in the stock location.

I think just redesigning the stock a little and make it so it has a cutout for dual exhaust and remove the indentions on the bottom would look nice. Also, I would love to have some reverse lights that held some 100W 9005/6 or H-4 bulbs, so the asshole in the rearveiw. Just my opinion. Good work though.
50267, RE: Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Tacoman deserves most of the credit as he designed most of
>it, i just touched it up to add my ideas. I forget who's car
>he used, but thank you for the image! lol...do you guys like
>it? It would be a bolt on so we don't have to replace the
>entire rear bumper.

How are you gonna make this a bolt on if you are relocating the rear lights and keeping the smooth lines of the rear bumper? Just curious as the one in the picture looks like it would replace the entire bumper.
-Chris b.
50276, RE: Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
d0oD, too much like the blitz. I was all excited hopin that there would be a better looking rear then that thing that could get popular. Eh, back to the buddy club 2 :p
50287, RE: Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by tacoman123, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>How are you gonna make this a bolt on if you are relocating
>the rear lights and keeping the smooth lines of the rear
>bumper? Just curious as the one in the picture looks like it
>would replace the entire bumper.
>-Chris b.

Yes, I know that it is a 97-99 bumper. This was originally going to go for the 95-96 rear bumpers, as I found an Eclipse one locally, I just surfed the forum and just looked for a rear bumper real quick, and this was the first one that I found, so I used this.

Yeah, I didn't want to conceal whose it is, I don't want to invade there privacy and what not. Chrysler Kid is right, it is 9D9's.

What I just said doesn't really make sense, but hopefully you know what I am talking about. :-)..

BTW, show me some pics of the diffusers.

And yeah, I'll try to redesign it alittle. Keep in mind that this should be "bolt-on", and not too crazy, kept clean, and easy to put on.

~Tacoman
50288, RE: Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by 808dsmtuner, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

thats the website pic sorry i have no idea how the to do any html things anyway its mostly just something to make a hole in your bumper look pretty
50299, RE: Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wanna play too! It's a hack job though. The lower diffuser is really the center tail section off a McLaren F1, the carbon fiber around the Lamborghini Murcielago tailights is sampled from a Zonda something, and the exhaust is off a Lotus Elise. :P

Tasty, but FAR from bolt on. Those pieces probably cost more than the car! :thumbsup

50301, RE: Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think the reverse lights should be moved outward like the OEM 97-99 rear bumper.
by the way DR1665...those tails are hot!!
50309, RE: Tacoman and I have designed a rear bumper...comments please!!
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
make that rear and pay me 5% for each one sold. ;)
I think it's too much like the blitz. I don't really like any rears out there. I dunno what I'm looking for tho. I like the combat rear except for the huge bare space at the top part above the tag. Maybe change the combat rear some and do something extra? Something like this would be kewl. Instead of coming all up in the center tho, connect it and use mesh maybe? Or something instead of seeing all up under the car. It's oogly under there.

}(
I generated this page in 0.017031908035278 seconds, executing 7 queries.