Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectPics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=50080
50080, Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by BoostedGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I finally got a hold of a digital camera and snapped a few shots of my car. Let me know what you think.....

Fitment was pretty good. I'll be installing some Pro Kit springs this weekend to raise it up a little.

A side view

Please ignore the busted ass Talon behind my car in this pic. :P

My RaceConcepts rotors with my custom brake caliper :)

A few other toys that are always at my friend's house

And a pic of my friend's Evo8 taken 5 hours before he wrapped it around a tree at 110mph. :(

50081, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by silvreclipsers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks very nice :thumbsup that sucks what happen to the evo. Whats with the busted talon? :wary
50087, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
damn i like those brakes you got. how much were they?

quick question though, are your internals built yet?

-------jezreel

50089, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i dig the front...sucks what happened to the evo.

50101, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
The blue AND green Talon belongs to one of the roommates at my friend's house. It's a completely stock ESi and he hit a bear last year. All the green body panels are off of the Green TSi AWD in the garage that we are completely rebuilding.

And yes, I have a built engine....Howell bottom end kit, ARP head studs, MLS headgasket, polished crank, 3 angle valve job, Eaton lifters, new valve guides, seals, water pump, belts, and pulleys.
50125, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i hope my evo front comes out lookin that good!!!
50203, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hehe, damn good taste my friend :thumbsup

50215, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by icedout, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks nice... but did you only paint the front cover........
50225, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Yeah, I got the Evo front cover used off a silver Eclipse, so I had it repainted to match. The paint matches almost perfectly, the light in the pics might make it look a little off though. The paint on the rest of the car is in good shape, except the hood has quite a few hood chips. Maybe someday I'll just get a cf hood and call it good.
50262, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by ibangdchoeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>hehe, damn good taste my friend

second that

50314, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok quick q...do carbon fiber hoods chip too?
50333, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
well....i imagine they do....All they are are carbon fiber and clearcoat. So the clear will prolly chip a lil bit. But its not like it'll be taking off paint and there is quite a bit of clear coat. CF hoods are the shit, jus make sure to get hood pins.
50339, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by widebodied, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
boosted gs, are u on drop springs or coils? what kind?

DWAYNE H

www.gottude.com
Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
Lots of Apexi components...
50342, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
>boosted gs, are u on drop springs or coils? what kind?

Well, today I'm on Suspension Techniques drop springs with 3 year old stock struts. It's too low for me to get around on the Colorado streets, so I'll be installing some Eibach Pro Kit springs with new stock struts tomorrow.

The Suspensiono Techniques springs will be for sale as soon as I take them off, if you're interested.
50350, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that evo bumper is starting to grow on me. you say fitment was good. did you have to remove the rebar? how about how low it sits to the ground. how low are your drop springs rated at? does the bumper sit lower than the stocker with the same drop? thanks!
50352, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
the sisnei is about an inch and a half or so lower then stock, or at least mine does. I removed the rebar, although there are countless people on here that have jus trimmed it a wee bit. I jus didn't have the time to do it, and now that its out, i prolly won't put it on.
50354, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Yeah, fitment was pretty good for me. There's a slight gap on one side just to the inside of the headlight, but barely noticeable. The only thing that didn't really fit was that the wheel well covers don't reach the bumper edge because the Evo bumper is wider. No big deal to me. And I didn't trim or remove anything to install the Evo bumper. The guy before me actually trimmed the bumper a little bit on the inside so it fit with everything still on the car.

My springs are rated at a 2" drop, but my car settled a little lower. I'm gonna throw on Pro Kits tomorrow and that should raise it up enough so I don't have to be scared of breaking the bumper.

50359, RE: Pics of Evo front bumper and projectors (56k warning)
Posted by daltah, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey i noticed your car is on ebay why are you selling it and what car do you plan on buying?
I generated this page in 0.010980129241943 seconds, executing 7 queries.