Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!! The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=45117
45117, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!! The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by KaptainMyke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Body work happening now, so now is the time to decide. Majority will win and if u think I should ditch it, then I will sell it to who wants it. Otherwise, do you think it would look cleaner with no wing? Your looking at shaved car with stillen front, and erebruni skirts, so wing or no, lemme know !

Poll question: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!! The WING - should i stay or should i go now?

Poll result (52 votes)
Lose it (37 votes)Vote
Keep it (15 votes)Vote

45118, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
and state why sir
45119, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by JJPhatStrat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Kurt Kobain...99GS...the dart...the principle.
45120, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I told you why on Aim....just for the benefit of the masses here's the wing I suggested if you HAD to have a wing...

45123, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by LittleB10, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I personally like the way your car is right now. Like the wing, stillen, etc. So I say keep it. Just my two cents. :thumbsup

peace
Joe
45126, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by Wtngclan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think the wing helps make the car.. with no wing i dont think it would look as good .. just my opinion tho

45127, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
teh wing is 1337 n whatnot
45128, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by 96eclipse2nr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lose that one and get the GTR wing. the one you currently have sticks out too far IMO. i like when the sides go upward, instead of upward and outward. just my .02 tho
45131, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by Snail_GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think if you were to go w/o a wing it would give you a very clean look:-)
45133, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Never likes that wing personally.. Maybe go with the gst turbo stock wing ? Looks good on red cars: see vegasdsm lata

95 gs-t
6 bolt swap
T-2small turbo
15 Psi
Joe P mbc
Greddy uip
Greddy lip
Greddy bov
Supra smic
Borla cat back exhaust
Gutted cat
45134, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
^^^very much agreeing with that.

the car is going to be really clean (with all the shaving stuff), and a big hulking wing just totally distracts form that. people will look at the car and say "damn, thats a big ass wing" instad of "look at how clean that car is".

strangly enough, theres nothing more unique than an eclipse without a wing. ive only seen a few, and they all looked really really good, imo (im leaving out the wingless from factory cars here though).
45137, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No wing. When you see it in person with no wing, it makes the car appear to be wider at the rear. It looks pretty sharp. You could always add a diffrent wing if you wanted later on, but definately ditch the GTR flare wing....I've never been a fan of that wing on any eclipse....just my .02
45139, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
keep em coming guys thanks!
45140, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by Smoke Honda, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think it looked alot better when i took off my wing. Sell it......to me.......for a hundred dollars. yea, that's it
45143, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
if i sold it prolly be for $300 painted red.

45144, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have never liked the flared wings. I think a kaminari ktr or gtr / whatever it is would look good. commando. Something like one of those. :thumbsup I don't think the cars look right without a spoiler.
45145, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ditch the wing, get a different one or go wingless.
45147, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by blinkbizkit500, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i like it
45148, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by fauchpj, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lose it mike, that shit will look clean

or get this wing...

thats an idea of what ur car could look like
45150, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by farmdogg55, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
d00d, i am in the exact same situation as you, i have the same wing and havent decide if i want to put it on now or not, or get the turbo wing. more than likely i will though. i always liked they way it looked on your car. our cars are going to look alot alike soon...my car is going into the body shop in 10 days to get the same sides on, the wing, the roof and mirrors painted red, the door handles and antenna shaved, rear bumper addons, and sportlines put on. and the front isnt that all much different than your stillen. i would say keep it or get the turbo wing, i dont really like how they look without one. are you turning it into more of a show car now since you dont drive it as much?
45151, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by ClipseRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don’t get why they put wings on FWD cars... serve no purpose other then looks... and if you want looks then clean is a nice look... I am a hypocrite though and have a big-ugly wing... but I vote lose it.
45152, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by ajna_star, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
turbo spoiler or nothing...not sure how a talon high wing would look on an eclipse
45168, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by CaptinMorgan97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
like a talon? :wary
45171, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by EvMan2345, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lose it... it'll look alot cleaner...

Evan B
97 GS
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

(Its actually stock sarrono red, but my digicam sucks, so it looks like a different color)
45172, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think the wing is a little much as some of ^ do too. but you gotta have a wing man. i think our cars look like fast turds without a wing. my 2 cents.
45175, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you can paint it white and its 300 shipped i might buy it......BUT i like your car with te wing on it, i would take it off and have the fill the holes, but you can always drill new ones
45178, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by invaznGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i personally don't like that particular wing..i think it sticks out too much.. i say go for a turbo spoiler or go with a wings west 3 piece spoiler.. cars without wings look ugly in my opinion
45180, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?

minus the turbo wing and shave the door handles and put my rims and clear corners on that car and thats exactly what mine would look like.

these are tough descions. most people say to lose the wing. as to who asked the status of the car? well i will be in agreement with an unstated company at this time and possibly keep the car in storage or on a trailer 75% of the time and drive it for leisure or on the weekends. Yes it is going to be a show car hopefully.

edit: that's why i was gonna do what the majority voted on this poll ;-)
45181, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
27 replies and over 200 views...ya'lls sum bitches up in heah! VOTE!
45182, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think it would look better with a turbo-style wing, or no wing at all. Remember Jakes car? Thura's car? No wing.
45183, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ive always liked the turbo spoiler look;) if not, go no wing/spoiler. dont see to many eclipses w/o 'em
45191, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
ok how about no on the turbo spoiler mmmk thanks

stop talking about it, im getting mad hehe :+
45199, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by fauchpj, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so when does the poll close
45200, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
u know- that extreme gt cf hood would be good with that setup I think. or the good hoods hood. :thumbsup

go wingless for now. find one that works best with the kit. I just don't like flared wings. If you do, it's kewl.
45227, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by tireg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Pfft.. you know what they say.. two wings are better than one!

That would look so tight on your car!

}( j/k hehe.. I dunno.. I kinda like the wing on your car.. it looks nice, but I think you could do better. Turbo wing looks nice, but alot of ppl have em so it wouldn't be as original.. whatever you decide really :thumbsup I don't like the wingless look myself. Looks like the car is missing something.
45233, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No it needs one more wing on top of that second one...then it'd be perfect.
45251, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i like my wing a lot. the previous owner shaved the stock talon "boomerang" wing which looks ugly as hell and put a GST/GSX wing on it. i like it a lot, fits the car pretty well. i'm sure you could find one on ebay or something for cheap.
45252, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I say get the wing like I have. It goes with the curves of the car really well...imo of course. But do what you think is best.
45260, RE: ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POLLS EVAR!!!The WING - should i stay or should i go now?
Posted by mbenz910, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I vote that you lose the current wing and find something different. Nothing against the one you got, but I just think that if its going to be a show car you can find something that flows with the curves better. Like some others said, I think wingless our cars look like they're missing something.
I generated this page in 0.015975952148438 seconds, executing 9 queries.