Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectanother about paint that a "pro" couldn't answer
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=38789
38789, another about paint that a "pro" couldn't answer
Posted by 250lemans, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm going to paint my car currently black with kandy paint so i was told that they put a grey coat and then paint with urethane paint on top of that which is kind of transparent
well here is what i ask the guy what if i put a light blue as first and then black on top
so he said i don't know if that is going to work and he said he wasn't sure of black urethane anyone knows
what's a good website to look for paint the guy wants 500 for 4 quarts clear coat and all the extras is that a good price as you can tell i don't know much about paint
thanks
38798, RE: another about paint that a "pro" couldn't answer
Posted by fulleclipse96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so you don't know much about paint but you're gonna paint your car??
38818, RE: another about paint that a "pro" couldn't answer
Posted by KaptainMyke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That's a decent price, but you can tell he's still trying to make money off you buying his paint for him. Is this a friend or an actual shop job we're looking at? Think about that for a second.

As for the black with kandy on top, unfortunately because it is black, you won't be able to see the kandy effect that I think you want to accomplish here. I would suggest a lighter color, or a dark shade of a color, then put the kandy layers on top. I'm just saying for a example of a few here... Dark green with orange kandy, dark red with bright red kandy, white with orange, white with red, white with etc etc...white with yellow would be badass, something original and different. Anytime you add a pearl or kandy effect it's gonna cost big bucks.
38822, RE: another about paint that a "pro" couldn't answer
Posted by 250lemans, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
no way i'm painting my car my buddy is going to do it and the paint is from the guy that works with him so it's kinda a friend of friend situation, he just finished another eclipse and looks really good he's going to charge me 500 if i keep it black or 700 if i change color
the white yellow i'll look into that how about blue or grey w/ yellow
38823, RE: another about paint that a "pro" couldn't answer
Posted by KaptainMyke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
blue with yellow would be nice...wolverine comes to mind hehe.

Ya that's prolly ok with paint costs. I say go for a color change. Be different and have a taste at the same time. Good luck!
38826, RE: another about paint that a "pro" couldn't answer
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No matter what base coat (grey or blue) under the black you put, the black will completely cover it up. I don't think there should be any difference at all. We used a navy blue base coat on my car since my car was grey, and the only reason we used the navy blue base was to cover up the grey (and also because it was a cheaper color than my royal sapphire pearl mix). In any case, no matter what is underneath, if it's painted right, your car will just be black, with any pearl on top of it. It will be hard to see the candy effect though. Stock preludes come with black with blue pearl, but you can hardly see it. If you want a candy paint, like Mike said, go with a lighter color such as white or silver.
I generated this page in 0.015955924987793 seconds, executing 7 queries.