Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectNew website for my car......
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=33610
33610, New website for my car......
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Let me know what you think...

http://www.texasimportracing.com/~rhester/NewSilvea.html

It's kinda tacky I think, but maybe cause I've seen it 1,000,000 times since Ive been working on it a lot. Comments/Cridicisms accepted -- It's under contruction and any feedback will help to shape it.
33611, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by nappyjim, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks great ryan, everything flows except for your buttons on the main page. (mods, extterior, intererior) etc. You have like a navy blue/gray theme going on, and then your button are squarish and colors that just dont flow with the backround. I say fix that and its set. I love the music too. good job.
33612, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ryan, I think I've told you before that you were one of the best web designers I've seen. Your new site looks great, and I kinda agree on the buttons...
33613, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Awesome site! Love the overall look and the design. I would make one small suggestion, and that would be to include a music on/off toggle somewhere. There is no way to browse the site without the music.
-Chris b.
33614, RE: New website for my car......
look up top, theres a music off button.

but theres no way to turn it back on once its off
33615, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Doh! I didnt see it on the main page and it's not on any of the other pages.. N/m my post then... awesome site.. make more!
-Chris b.
33616, RE: New website for my car......
Thanks for the feedback! I'll be making some changes shortly :-)
33617, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow love your background designs! centering the image area & adding a black or dark gray background would really finish it off. btw are u heading towards graphic/web design as a career?
33618, RE: New website for my car......
I'd really like to pursue a career in graphic/web design....I just don't know where to even start. Currently I am a freshman in college..just taking the basic courses..
33619, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by guest, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You're welcome, ryan ;-) nice work

Check out my flash in brynden's site too guys if u like ryans. I wouldnt mind feedback myself. :)

www.boosted-rs.com

33620, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Really nice site.
33621, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by Weezle745, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
cool, my car is in there.
really nice site! Very futuristic looking
here is a better pic

33622, RE: New website for my car......
ALERT: The next thing people are going to complain about:

""unfair, he gets points cause he is good with flash and im not"" :rolleyes
33623, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I must say, I am IMPRESSED. One of the best sites I have ever seen... seriously.
33624, RE: New website for my car......
Thanks for the compliments -- also, if anyone wants their car in the gallery who isn't already in it, you can e-mail me a pic of your choice. (E-mail, not in this thread)

33625, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by John99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks good Ryan :)
33626, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by ghost, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dude!

Ok, I must say you did your layout creatively and it looks pretty good, but give credit where credit is due! Those graphics are NOT yours man! :nono

Those designs belong to 2advanced studios! (www.2advanced.com)
:nono :nono :nono
Come on man...give some credit! That is not cool!

Otherwise, you have done a great job with your phat car.

later
33627, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dang Ryan...I loved yur last site with that music...and I love this site with the music...I didnt kno you were turbo until I saw under mods...then my jaw jus dropped litereally...i was like dang dude is moving fast...when I first saw that safc i was like why the hell does he have that....then i saw....Good Job

PS: Whats the name of that song?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/
33628, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by Jarrad_GST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey can you host my pic Ryan, dang dude!!!!!

just go to the link in my webshots photo gallery. You pic the best one.

Nice site!!
What happen to all those cool pics you were doing before with photoshop? The pics where like your car is moving?
I hate that song though, use a better techno song.

Good job though.
33629, RE: New website for my car......

>What happen to all those cool pics you were doing before
>with photoshop? The pics where like your car is moving?
>I hate that song though, use a better techno song.
>
>Good job though.

Im working on another section of the site for pics like that -- and I will be changing the background music periodically...just trying different stuff.

I'll update the gallery with a pic of your car sometime, I just didnt have any on my computer.

33630, RE: New website for my car......
>
>Those designs belong to 2advanced studios!
>(www.2advanced.com)
>:nono :nono :nono
>Come on man...give some credit! That is not cool!
>
>Otherwise, you have done a great job with your phat car.
>
>later

I never said I made them -- I actually made 2 of them with adobe, but the others are from 2advanced.

33631, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by mrlocalpimp, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I want my car on!

33632, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
:D hehe thanks for the pic man thats awesome!
33633, RE: New website for my car......
That song name is "Die Another Day" by Madonna - its the theme song to the new Bond movie coming out - but I think I'm gonna try some different songs soon, and just kinda toy with it - or maybe even give the user the choice to choose which ever song they like..
33634, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by Fearless, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
By not giving credit you were in fact implying that you made them. All the material on Eric's site is copyrighted to him, which means use without expressed written permission is illegal.

You obviously have put the effort in to learning flash, which I know is a very difficult thing to do. Try developing your own ideas, even Eric at 2advanced started somewhere.

Good job on the site otherwise, keep working at it. If you have any questions about Flash please feel free to drop me a line, I would be glad to help.

Thanks,

Craig Ballinger
Lead Design
pixelfusionmedia.com
33635, RE: New website for my car......
First off, in no way did I intend to say I designed those. I'm not aware who eric is, but those 4 backgrounds I used were in a section of the site distributing the pictures to the public. I didn't steal them, they were offered to me as a download within the site. I didn't even think twice about someone complaining, as they were available for download as desktop backgrounds. But I can change the backgrounds if need be.

I will ask for flash advice if I need any, thanks for the offer.

33636, RE: New website for my car......
yah fearless calm down man. Dont go postal on ryan. he never said, "hey look at my website AND look at the baddass bacrkound graphics THAT I MADE"

Shit, i think everyone who has made a website has used other people picture/backrounds/buttons at one time or another.

BTW Ryan, thanks for puttin my car up in the gallery. I was gonna email you and then i was glancin thru and was like, "whoa, im already there, sweet"
33637, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>By not giving credit you were in fact implying that you made
>them. All the material on Eric's site is copyrighted to him,
>which means use without expressed written permission is
>illegal.

Wow Craig, that's a pretty big leap. He used Madonna's song, does that mean he impliedly states he made the song?

>You obviously have put the effort in to learning flash,
>which I know is a very difficult thing to do. Try developing
>your own ideas, even Eric at 2advanced started somewhere.

Craig, try taking a dose of maturity and relax. The use of the backgrounds, albeit may be someone else's creation, it's not being used for commercial purposes and nowhere has Ryan declared,"implied", or otherwise stated that the materials were his own creation. Moreover, by invoking the backgrounds onto his site with a different set of ideas and combinations, he has in fact changed the background and its uniquiness into something totally different.

In the end, I'm sure your guy, Eric, may possibly have a "legal" beef about the use of his background, but if he doesn't want his material copied or used, he can invoke the appropriate software to prevent it, or include some sort of crap about no one being entitled to use it. But if I take one of his backgrounds and apply it to my Windows desktop, will you sue me because of some sort of implication you may draw from? I hope you get the sense of my sarcasm, because I really think anyone making a stir about this is really going overboard. It's a website dedicated to a car. :rolleyes

Give me a break.

33638, RE: New website for my car......
Guys,

Don't have an aneurysm. It's not like I filed a lawsuit over it. I was just making him aware of the fact that he may be asked to remove all the work on there that isn't his. (I am in no way affiliated with 2advanced so I have no say in the matter) Obviously that would completely destroy the site and thats a ton of work for nothing. 2advanced literally has hundreds of sites that ripped off content. I was just trying to be helpful here. If I came off another way, my most sincere apologies to Ryan. Keep up the work - you have alot of potential.

As a side note Jason, designers shouldn't feel like they should have to lock everying they do just so people won't rip them off. It's not right. 2advanced does have a very clear "Conditions of Use" page on their site.

Excerpt:

"You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any portion of the website contents without the prior express written consent of 2Advanced Studios."

And I did catch your point on the "It's only a car website". Honestly I could really care less what he does with it. It'll be there for a little while then he'll redesign it, because that's what designers do. I'm was just trying to encourage him to develop his own skills rather than lean on someone else.

So give yourself a break, no matter how much you whine here I'm right and you're wrong.

-Fearless

33639, RE: New website for my car......
Maybe I'll change the backgrounds just to make you happy.
33640, RE: New website for my car......
Ryan,

I didn't say you had to, I know how much work it is to put a site together, and yours looks really good. You did an excellent job. This really got blown out of proportion,it's not a big deal. Some people just like picking fights.

-Fearless
33641, RE: New website for my car......
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

>So give yourself a break, no matter how much you whine here
>I'm right and you're wrong.

If that's what it takes for you to feel satisfied and self-assured, have at it. :-)

33642, RE: New website for my car......
Thank you. =)
I generated this page in 0.017693996429443 seconds, executing 7 queries.