Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectProjector headlights
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=28770
28770, Projector headlights
Posted by BlitzedEclipse42oA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Anyone else have problems with your projector headlights?? Mine are the black housing ones and the caps on the back to not seal tight and I have lost 2 caps and it is getting really irratating. Anyone else experince this?? anyone know where I can get new caps? the stock ones do not fit.

97 Eclipse GS
Aem CAI, Obx 2.5" Stainless Cat back, Tomm's coilovers, Blown stock struts :-) , Black housing projectors, Blitz Body kit, Dark blue metallic paint, Alpine cva-1005 head unit (6.5" indash monitor), Playstation 2, Alpine ai-net 6-disc changer, Alpine type-R 6.5" component set, boston acoustics 5X7" in the rear, 2 alpine type-r 12"s Pheonix gold sub amp and eclipse 4 channel.
28771, RE: Projector headlights
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a set of chrome projectors and I could never get them to seal, so I have them just sitting there. I have yet to lose one though. If I were you I would just get the replacements and tape them down.
28772, RE: Projector headlights
Posted by DVSJAY, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I lost all of mine they never fited from day 1, So i just created a brace because for some reason my tape never sticked.

Jay

28773, RE: Projector headlights
Yeah I sealed all of the cracks and seams with a clear silicone so it is pretty water tight when my hood is shut but if i go through a puddle or try to clean my engine i have to be really careful and one of my caps started to actually melt because it didnt fit and was to close to the bulb or something i guess... they should make quality projectors or not make them at all....

97 Eclipse GS
Aem CAI, Obx 2.5" Stainless Cat back, Tomm's coilovers, Blown stock struts :-) , Black housing projectors, Blitz Body kit, Dark blue metallic paint, Alpine cva-1005 head unit (6.5" indash monitor), Playstation 2, Alpine ai-net 6-disc changer, Alpine type-R 6.5" component set, boston acoustics 5X7" in the rear, 2 alpine type-r 12"s Pheonix gold sub amp and eclipse 4 channel.
28774, RE: Projector headlights
Posted by BLKOUT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It may be a little too late for this fix, but this is what I did. Take the caps off of your stock headlights and put them on the aftermarket ones. You will need to make the holes in the aftermarket ones a little bigger but they will fit nice and snug after that. I have never lost one and my lights never leak.
28775, RE: Projector headlights
I'll get some oem caps out of the junk yard and try that i have one oem i found in the junk year but it didn't fit i will try to make the holes bigger. Thanks

97 Eclipse GS
28776, RE: Projector headlights
Posted by 97GS AT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wonder if they will just sell you the caps.

Ken

5zigen rearsection/Cherrybomb glasspack resonator/Bosal header/injen short ram intake/ported TB/AFX UDP/Fidanza cam gears/Power Stop cross drill rotors(front)/shunk2 coilover/Koni adjustable (front)/KYB struts(rear)Konig V-racing front bar/rear upper bar/painted black Enkei RSF2 17" with Kumho/ Nakayamaprojectors /WW 3 pieces wing/interior mods

I generated this page in 0.012414216995239 seconds, executing 7 queries.