Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectCant tint window?!?!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=20359
20359, Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by NOTerboTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got my 95 Talon tinted the other day and the guys that did it said they couldnt tint the top of the back window. They said this because of the little dots that come on the stock window. It looks TERRIBLE!! Everything is tinted dark ecxept for a 5 inch section at the top of the window. Is this true that they cant tint over the dots?? What should I do?? Help!
Matt
20360, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lol dumb asses... yes you can tint it... you just use 2 pieces of tint
20361, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have one piece, ur shop is an idiot.
20362, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by mbenz910, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What!? They are morons. The place that I went not only tinted the whole window, but gave me a 5 year warranty on it.
20363, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by NOTerboTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got a lifetime waurantee with it but they still didnt tint the top 4 inches. They arent going to waurantee something they didnt do so I probably am going to have to deal with it. Do you think I should try to take the dots off myself or take it back to them or take it to another shop? It really doesnt look good and is very noticeable.
20364, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by daved, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That shop is full of shit, it can be done cause I have it done and from the sounds of it everyone has it done except you.
20365, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
those dots don't come off don't bother.
20366, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by vegasdsmr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ya, do what i did. i never noticed how far they didnt tint, nor does it matter to me, lifetime warrantee....

snatch up sum color matched decals, and chill...

tia
20367, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the dots you are refering to are called dot matrix. Many back windows have them, and depending on the film, it will not stick well or at all to this dot matrix. what happens is the tint tries to stick to the little sections of glass in between the dots, but it cant and will start to look whiteish or light. There really is not much you can do about this, only things you can do is to sand off the dots, yes it can be done, or paint over the dots with black. If i remember right though, our cars dont have any dot matrix on them, at least my 98 doesn't...
85497, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by eclipse7782, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A good tint shop will carefully sand down the dots with a 1000 grit sand paper. Or they will use a special glue on the tint to make sure it sticks.
85498, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by XtremeRS
If i remember right though, our cars dont have any dot matrix on them, at least my 98 doesn't...
my 96 has them on the sides and the back. Google "tinting the dot matrix", I don't have the link anymore sorry. Anyways, I tinted mine myself and it came out badass, you need to use a heatgun to get it to come out right. It pulls the tint nice and tight into the dot matrix.

Edit: found the link in my favorites, I don't think its the same one I used because I don't see the heatgun method I used, but still an ass load of info on tinting the matrix.

http://www.tintdude.com/dot-matrix.html
85499, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Another tip - this thread is 3 years old.
85500, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EvuLFleA
Another tip - this thread is 3 years old.

me = idiot and should read. Damn you to hell eclipse7782 for bumping a three year old thread.
85510, RE: Cant tint window?!?!
Posted by taloniized, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What retards...
I generated this page in 0.01160717010498 seconds, executing 7 queries.