Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectIf you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=15255
15255, If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by grneclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just wondering on everybody's opinion, I'm got a choice of any bumper I want right now, insurance is covering it, and although the blitz looks good, too many people have it here, but I really don't like any of the other fronts on the market at this point....anyhow, let's hear em fellaz.

Mick

Shogun Body Kit
GTR Flared Wing
Arospeed Muffler
Half red-Clearm Tails
QT s-08 18"
Toyo Proxes Z4 215/18/35
..some turbo thingy me and Ray pieced together...
15256, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by HondaHater21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
whatcha gana do with the old one?
15257, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by Kory, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
97+ stock

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

15258, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
bomex
15259, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by dudasd, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Veilside makes a really sweet one, but it's pricey as hell, think like 650...
15260, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
EVO3 front bumper. Forgot what its copy name is called... I want it cuz it's got the brake cooling ducts, and a fat opening for the FMIC. Hehe and the monster fog lights. I like it better than the 4 beacuse the four has a little grill in the top front that look too much like a civic.
15261, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>97+ stock

I agree with Kory!

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
MSD DIS-2 Ignition System
Some Regrind Cams that need High Compression (which I don't have)
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Drop in K&N Filter and open airbox
Custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust with Dual DTM Muffler
Empty Catalytic Convertor
Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
Hurricane_GS Short Shifter
Symborsky Shift Kit
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Modular
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit
Alpine Flex4 25W X 4 for Fronts and Rears
Alpine V-12 450W X 1 for Subs
Infinity Reference Series 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter component systems for fronts and rears
Blaupunkt 3 way 6x9's in the rears
3 MTX 5000 10" 12 ohm subs running 4 ohms mono

15262, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
also agree with Kory. Use the money for some sideskirts and/or rear bumper.

-Tony 98'GST
eclipzgst@charter.net

15263, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??

T.J Of course I'm selling it, but there's two minor cracks on there that I'm going to post pics of before I sell it, maybe we'll work out a deal (a buck and a half and you do my LED's?) we'll see when I actually get the car into the body shop in about 2 weeks.

As for the ideas, well I'm getting 97-99 projectors (undecided if I want the chrome ones or just the black) BUT for sure, it's going to be an aftermarket one (i'm ricey what can I say?) and I've already got sideskirts and rear valances. I actually had a rear also, shogun rear, BUT I've seen too many people crack those things so I sold them and kept the valances.

Mick

Shogun Body Kit
GTR Flared Wing
Arospeed Muffler
Half red-Clearm Tails
QT s-08 18"
Toyo Proxes Z4 215/18/35
15264, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by HondaHater21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
thats cool,Id got with the street fighter II thats sweet and no one has it either. Yeah, I got to do them LEDs oneday. I think Im just gana keep some in my car so when I bump into you I can do it
15265, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by Dave_FL, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I like the stillen front end. Its urethane too.
15266, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by guest, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
STILLEN
15267, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by LunarEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the drift kit
15268, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by Thunderous_Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Veilside hands down. then Rudora or Stillen
15269, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
bomex, sinsei, veilside, rudora.

just dont keep it stock (waste of money), dont get the wings west or the ugly evo (i know one of them is ugly) and dont get the stillen (its urethane)
15270, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by Dualgen2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Although I have Blitz, might sell for same reason you said plus I wanna save $ for when "turbo fucks up fund", I like the Drift and kinda like new Bomex coming out. I have seen Drift once and it looks A LOT better in person.
-Dave
15271, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Cyan, something wrong with urethane? I thought it was a more high quality than fiberglass. Not as easy to break.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary Edition
- Weapon R1 Atom Bomb Exhaust

http://www.webphotos.com/list_photos.asp?mi=3&smi=1&a=55649
15272, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Urethane is stronger but it wont flex, it will just break.

With our cars unless ur 5" above stock height Im sure you bottom out.

I say drift.....
15273, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by evan2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
buddy club or R34
15274, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
yeah the problem with urethane is its only good if you give it slight bumps. if it takes a hit it tears and contrary to what some repair shops will tell you or actually attempt, you cant repair it. and the cost of it is bad enough to make me not want it. $600 for a stillen bumper that looks like basically a stock 97+ eclipse bumper with a birth defect...so when the idiot repair shop uses bondo to fix a urethane tear, it cracks almost immediately.
(also urethane costs another $50-100 extra to paint because it requires paints with a flex agent in them. so you can equip your car with a painted stillen bumper, and if you need to replace it only once, youve spent more than purchase, painting and installation of an entire fiberglass kit
15275, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
ahem gentlemen our stock bumper is urethane.

GET A STILLEN! ;-)
15276, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by gz98eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
fiberglass brakes easy urethane is alot more flexable anyways i have the wings west aggressor without the fangs,i like it i like it alot!! go to www.asylumms.com that got a shit load of kits cheap.
15277, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by 99Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
VEILSIDE "."
15278, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
yes, our stock bumper is urethane (because like every car company, mitsu knows people are stupid and will hit shit)
anyway...i assume you havent torn yours yet mike...you will one day, and then the torn area starts to sag, and on top of that, urethane is harder to keep clean than fiberglass because the paint flexes when you try to clean it...you should see the stock (urethane) back bumper thats disgracing my car now...its stained grey.

but yeah, you should see my stock front bumper...its torn in about 3 places...it looks like total shit. let me put it this way...when im in between body kits (front bumpers actually) it looks better for me to ride around with no bumper at all than to use the stocker...ive actually had people tell me to take it off on more than one occasion.
15279, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??

thats why i need a new front. ;-)
15280, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by dudasd, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Veilside and Bomex make some of the best kits on the market. I'm just partial to Veilside since I had both on my car when I was in Japan and veilside not only looked better but accepted more abuse. Either way ti falls down to you get what you pay for. If you buy a front end for 100 bucks your gonna get about that much use out of it. Was going to put a Veilside on mine, but I have had to garage it since my true toy had finally cleared customs and become legal...:))
15281, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mike high 5
15282, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by pearlwhite2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
THere is one thing you all should remember. He said that the insurance is paying for it and the stillen bumper has a lifetime warranty. I for one have the bumper and have put it through hell. I once had the bottom of the bumper touching the headlights and when the car was pulled away from the dirt pile(long story) the bumper just reset and with not one crack. Just some stuff to think about. Lets see any fiberglass bumper do that. Not that I am doggin the fiberglass revolution. I for one love the vielside kit, along with others.

15283, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
*high 5 back at ya! ;-)

werd wif wut pearlywhiteeclipse dood said. I agree 110%!
15284, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Anybody got a pic of the streetfighter type 1 on a car?? Not the pic that asylumms has, I want one a normal color car. Thanks

Mick

Shogun Body Kit
GTR Flared Wing
Arospeed Muffler
Half red-Clearm Tails
QT s-08 18"
Toyo Proxes Z4 215/18/35
15285, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
exactly...if that stocker was glass mike you could just pay the $100 to get it fixed
15286, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by Kory, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ouch!

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

15287, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by jZa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
rudora
15288, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by koolade9, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

andy's kombat :)

drift is tight, and it's not very common...
15289, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by thisismygs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

15290, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by Twobuf4u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How did you get the insurance to pay for it? Cuz mine is cracked pretty bad. Im getting a new one in April and a lil extra money from the insurance wouldnt hurt!

'96 RS
Performance:
AEM CAI
Magnecore Plug Wires
NGK BKR5E-11 Plugs
(AFX UDP) Coming Soon
A'Pexi Dunk Muffler
(Coming Soon)
Suspension:
FU,RU Strut Bars
Primax 496 17's w/ 225/45/17 Falken Azenis Tires

Looks:
Custom Blue Reverse Lights
Custom Blue Interior Lights
Blue Washer Nozzles
Blue HVAC Lights Conversion (Thanks to Hondahater21)
Indiglo Gauges
Greddy Badge Shifter Knob
Momo Shifter Boot
Metal Race Pedals
Air Vent LED Mod
(coming this weekend)

"Miles Away From Ordinary!"
-Corona

15291, You know that old saying....
It's not WHAT you know but WHo you know........but yeah, i narrowed it down to the blitz and the streetfyter, insuarnce is going to find the one that is readily available and pick it for me. O well, my car is still going on sale so I really don't care.

Mick

Shogun Body Kit
GTR Flared Wing
Arospeed Muffler
Half red-Clearm Tails
QT s-08 18"
Toyo Proxes Z4 215/18/35
15292, RE: You know that old saying....
Posted by Twiste, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i want the invader front bumper!!!
15293, RE: You know that old saying....
Posted by EsiTalon96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So Does anybody have some websites where i can look at some of this aftermarket front bumper??

15294, RE: If you could get any aftermarket front, what would you get??
Posted by iwishiwereboosted2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you have the money and want the highest quality bodykit go with bomex. Their kit is polyurethane and wont bust like that crappy fiberglass. Check their site www.bomexaero.com make sure you go to the u.s version though. The kit is probably the best kit ever made for the eclipse. It will be released march 1st and will be 1200+ dollars well worth the money. The front bumper is 460 dollars.
I generated this page in 0.015489101409912 seconds, executing 7 queries.