Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectA/C control cluster removal?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=1232
1232, A/C control cluster removal?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Anyone know how to get this sucker off? I started getting into it because i want to pull out the orange plastic back there, make it all light up white to go with the silver painted trim i've got, but for the life of me i can't seem to get those little clips loose! I've tried everything from screwdrivers to needlenose pliers and i can't get them to turn loose. Anyone have any tips/tricks/intructions they could clue me in on ?

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

1233, RE: A/C control cluster removal?
Posted by guest, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what orange plastic are you talking about? Took out my AC gauges and all i took off what the orange rubber covering on the light bulb...it looks a lot better but still has an orangish tint to it...

tony
1234, RE: A/C control cluster removal?
Posted by Junoon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you think there is a way to replacing that bulb with different color, probably blue or something???

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan
1235, RE: A/C control cluster removal?
Posted by MYBISHI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was just about to post about that. I heard that you can remove the bulbs and change them but i don't know how hard it would be? I would really like to get rid of that orange look and go with blue.
<>

-MYBISHI

1236, RE: A/C control cluster removal?
Posted by 97_Rs_R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-Feb-01 AT 10:42 PM (PST)

id love to go with red, red gage clusters and white indiglo's that glow red now that would be what i want

"Do u have The Need For Speed?"
Christopher Skaggs
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs-R
http://www.97-rs-r.dsmpower.com/
yaroze_x@hotmail.com
ICQ# 98288840
aol# YarozeX

Mod's
Custom intake w/ K&N Filter Charger
NGK Bk-11 spark plugs
8.0mm Plug wires
2 12" Cerwin Vega Subs in a bandpass box
2 6 1/2 Alpine Speekers
Pioneer head unit
Painted dash trim
Carbon fiber bezel
Removed trunk interior
Clear marker lights
Xenon low beam bulbs

1237, RE: A/C control cluster removal?
I don't know if it's a raincoat on the bulb or idf there's orange plastic back there or what, but i think the bulbs are white as i can see white light back there if i look at the right angle. There's something like 8 tab-and-anchor style clips that hold that cluster in place. They're really small, and i can't seem to work them loose. I was considering blue, but all of my gauges are white faced ('cept the stockers) and the trim around that cluster and the din's i painted silver and silver and orange just looks... well... gross. Has anyone ever gotten that damn thing off ? is it covered in any manuals? Shop/chiltons/etc ? If not, i may have to talk with my buddy Gerard at the mitsu body shop and see if he knows...

-DarkOne

1238, RE: A/C control cluster removal?
Posted by guest, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
when i did it i just removed the bulb from the back and there was an orange covering on the bulb (just like the ones that light up the floorboards) its a very small white bulb that lights its up and i have yet to find anyone that sells them..if anyone runs across them let us know! I read somewhere that there is actually and orangish transparent paint on the back of the faces as well which would explain why mine are still a little orange but im not sure...

tony
1239, RE: A/C control cluster removal?
Posted by MYBISHI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just realized that this lady that owns a performance shop has a 2000 eclipse GT. I'm pretty sure i've talked to her about this before and they have the bulbs to do this. They have caps that cover the bulbs too. She said it was a pain to get to the bulbs but i'll let you guys know more after i talk to her. I'll find out what size bulbs we have and everything. She has BLUE in her eclipse now.

-MYBISHI
1240, RE: A/C control cluster removal?
Posted by Junoon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
is it the same bulb that lights up all the guages??? if so.. that'd be really cool..

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan
1241, RE: A/C control cluster removal?
Well, the stock gauges (tach, speedo, etc) are actually triple layered plastic. White fronts, an orange layer, and a black back. They don't come apart, either. If there is a way to get at the bulb and cover without removing the control cluster, someone please let me know. I almost suspect that there is some special tool you need to pop those clips loose.

-DarkOne

I generated this page in 0.014033079147339 seconds, executing 7 queries.