Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subject99 Eclipse RS drivers seat won't sit straight up
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105999
105999, 99 Eclipse RS drivers seat won't sit straight up
Posted by bellj, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I need some help with my 99 eclipse RS Drivers seat. the interior is stock. Comparing both front seats in the most straight up position the passenger side seems to sit more straight up. The drivers side seems to have about a 5 degree reclined to the rear. This is uncomfortable for me to drive. I want the drivers seat to sit more forward/straight up. Here is what I have done so far:

1) I have removed to drivers seat put it on my bench.
2) Removed the plastic covers on both sides of the seat for inspection.
3) all the latches and gears seem to be working as designed. no missing/broken springs or gears etc.
4) I lubed the recliner mechanism on both sides of the seat with WD-40. I used an excessive amount of WD-40. I lubed the crap out of it just to make sure everything was lubricated.

The seat still does not seem to be sitting straight up enough for me.

Has anyone ran into this before? How did you fix it?

I have looked high and low on the web for info, but haven't found out anything on how to solve this problem.

Seems to me that the drivers seat use to sit more straight up then this.

I use this website a lot and have found it very helpful for fixing other issues with my eclipse.

Thank you for your help.
106000, RE: 99 Eclipse RS drivers seat won't sit straight up
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Check out the exploded diagram:

make sure that the upright portions of the hinge are not bent. You might also want to unzip the seatback and check the internal metal structure "75027L" and make sure those are not bent or cracked - i have seen more than one seat fail there over the years.
I generated this page in 0.010025024414062 seconds, executing 7 queries.