Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectDoor handle replacement
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105958
105958, Door handle replacement
Posted by Rude55, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys i've done some research I cant seem to find the answer forgive me if i've missed it.

I replaced the broken passenger door handle with one from a scrapyard.
However the handle only moves the actuator a tiny bit when its fully pulled-not nearly enough to open the door. How can i adjust this? Did i install it incorrectly?

Also, when I pull the interior door handle, the exterior one moves as well . This doesn't happen on the drivers side ( the side i did not touch) so again i'm wondering what i did wrong. Thanks in advance.
105959, RE: Door handle replacement
Posted by Bluehaze420ars, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You need to take the door panel off and inspect your rods that move the handle. Sometimes the plastic hardware has Alot of play not allowing full movement of the handle.
105961, RE: Door handle replacement
Posted by John99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, basically what he mentioned above. There are a few metal rods that have to go back exactly the way you took them off for everything to work properly. It's a royal PITA to get your hands in there but it can be done.
105962, RE: Door handle replacement
Posted by eclipse420ags, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can stick a bolt between that rod to shorten play, but eventually they are gonna brake I wish some one had a 3d printer or the coordinates to make the aluminum ones again.
105963, RE: Door handle replacement
Posted by Rude55, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks for the help guys got it fixed even though it seems to stick a tiny bit but it does the job.
I generated this page in 0.0071029663085938 seconds, executing 7 queries.