Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectPaint Job?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105761
105761, Paint Job?
Posted by fast420a83, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey, I was wandering if anyone has had there 2g repainted to showroom condition?.. Keeping the color the same and removing body dents.... How much did this cost you?.. I would like to know cause I am planning this with my next tax retuns.
105763, RE: Paint Job?
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got mine done after a deer hit me , was around 2k but that was with a hook up.
105764, RE: Paint Job?
Posted by Babbz413, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you take your car as is right now to a shop and they have to prep it, your price tag is easily going to be in the 3k+ range. Your best bet is find someone who can prep it as far as body repair and sanding then have a shop spray it professionally. The economy sucks and people with this trade are more than willing to do this in their backyard/garage. But remember, you get what you pay for.
105770, RE: Paint Job?
Posted by fast420a83, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What would be the best way to prep the car as far as dent removal and sanding procedure? (sanding pad grits used in order?) and ( should I use a filler for the dents or pull them?) also, what should I do about paint peeling?... I have one little spot that is peeled to the bare metal. The car previously had a cheap paint job that looks bad and dull now.
105785, RE: Paint Job?
Posted by electrohead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good body work will have you use the least amount of filler possible. All dents should be pulled as best as physically possible, with filler used to smooth out any imperfections. Pulling the dents out may take an extremely long time compared to slapping some Bondo and calling it a day, but you'll have pride knowing it was done right, and that the work you you put in will last a long time. Too much Bondo can result in cracking, peeling, and flaking of said areas over a period of time.
I generated this page in 0.0084998607635498 seconds, executing 7 queries.