Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectbike rack?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105718
105718, bike rack?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
are there any bike racks that fit our cars? i see a lot of the universal trunk-mount type that say they fit hatchbacks as well, but the pics i've seen usually just show civic type hatchbacks (where the rear of the car is mostly vertical). since the top mounting point on our cars would be at the top of the hatch, above the glass, i'm not sure if that causes an problems with the geometry or mounting.

if anyone's got pics of a bike rack on their car or suggestions on what rack to get, it'd be greatly appreciated.

also, i'm not really looking to install a hitch for a hitch type rack or looking to install a roof rack.

thanks!
105719, RE: bike rack?
Posted by Fotowntalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A bike rack?

A bike rack? I don't even own a bike, let alone many bike's that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I going to do, with a bike rack.

I realize this does not help you, but I had to.
105721, RE: bike rack?
Posted by Sorry_i_Win, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah... my thoughts exactly.

You'd probably be better of buying another vehicle that would be appropriate for such a thing. Sorry, but putting a bike rack on sports car is like putting a tractor trailer hitch on a Geo Metro.

But if you really want to do it, look here: http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207177
105724, RE: bike rack?
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Fotowntalon
A bike rack? A bike rack? I don't even own a bike, let alone many bike's that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I going to do, with a bike rack. I realize this does not help you, but I had to.

lol, Waynes World.
105720, RE: bike rack?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.yakima.com/shop/racksystems/
105722, RE: bike rack?
Posted by 95_ESi_Person, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The easiest and cheapest option is a follows: Fold down back seat, remove front wheel (or both if you wish), place in car... no rack needed.

On a side note, Saris shows that the Bones model will fit on the Eclipse without the wing option. I have the Bones 2 and use it on the Charger with no issues, but like you said, different style trunk. I will see if it can fit on my Eclipse with a short wing over the weekend.

105723, RE: bike rack?
Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
The easiest and cheapest option is a follows: Fold down back seat, remove front wheel (or both if you wish), place in car... no rack needed. On a side note, Saris shows that the Bones model will fit on the Eclipse without the wing option. I have the Bones 2 and use it on the Charger with no issues, but like you said, different style trunk. I will see if it can fit on my Eclipse with a short wing over the weekend.

thanks!

i put my bike in the trunk the other day and it was quite a PITA even w/ the front wheel and seat off. there's also no way i'd be able to fit a 2nd bike (would mostly be biking places w/ the GF).

i'm also wingless so that's not really an issues.
105729, RE: bike rack?
The Bones 2 would work, but the placement of the lower feet would be on the top of the bumper or on the center section of the tail lights. It looks dicey at best.
105730, RE: bike rack?
hmmm found this on google. not sure what rack that is tho.

105784, RE: bike rack?
Posted by 97 Demon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will get my girls bike rack next time I am over there and get you the name of a rack that works even with the 2Gb talon wing on, it had to be installed with the straps reversed but it worked.

*Edited for spelling and grammar*
105786, RE: bike rack?
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45
hmmm found this on google. not sure what rack that is tho.

That is awesome! I want it.
105787, RE: bike rack?
Originally posted by ez
That is awesome! I want it.

The rack or the Cannondale?
105788, RE: bike rack?
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ha. The rack. Half-forks like on that cannondale scare me.
I generated this page in 0.0080780982971191 seconds, executing 7 queries.