Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectIdentify these 2 relays???
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105594
105594, Identify these 2 relays???
Posted by kevox, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm sure this is a simple answer but I don't know it....the 2 relays that are mounted high up on the firewall in the engine bay all the way over in the driver's side corner, what do they do?

I'm cleaning out the engine bay next month and am curious if I need these...
105595, RE: Identify these 2 relays???
Posted by hazardeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
We usually ask that you search, before posting, but the two relays in question are the ASD relay, and the fuel pump relay.
105596, RE: Identify these 2 relays???
Thank-you for the help. I DID in fact search, http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php BUT beyond that I didn't know how else to word my search....I even googled it and went to ask.com with it. Nothing. What would you have searched to find the answers without posting a new thread?

EDIT: I Thought that link would post accurately. I searched the words "2 relays in engine bay" and got nothing related to my search at all.
105597, RE: Identify these 2 relays???
Question on the ASD relay...since I have my fuel system running on Megasquirt, can I remove this relay without harm?
105598, RE: Identify these 2 relays???
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kevox
Question on the ASD relay...since I have my fuel system running on Megasquirt, can I remove this relay without harm?

Depends if by fuel system you mean your injectors (as well as the other components that operate via the ASD) are powered via a relay operated by the Megasquirt. Look up the circuit diagram in the factory service manual and look at what is powered by the ASD relay. If you have already, or are willing to rewire, then you can remove it.

As for searching for the relay, the wiki has a picture of the two relays - http://www.2gnt.com/?d=ASD

This image is straight out of the factory service manual as well.
105599, RE: Identify these 2 relays???
Thanks for the help once again guys!
105600, RE: Identify these 2 relays???
Posted by azdave, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
And for those of you with 95 automatics...

105601, RE: Identify these 2 relays???
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Interesting Dave... I have never seen that configuration before.

Thanks for posting up the pic.
105602, RE: Identify these 2 relays???
Posted by azdave, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CODE4
Interesting Dave... I have never seen that configuration before. Thanks for posting up the pic.

It's not too common to see but I have one set I saved from a part-out for future projects. Corbin posted about those 4 relays way back when but that thread didn't have a drawing to help explain.
I generated this page in 0.0091421604156494 seconds, executing 7 queries.